The Student Room Group

UNIQ Summer School 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by PaceyWitterisBAE
Anyone travelling from Manchester? Is the easiest way to get the train to London Euston then to Oxford from there?

Hey, i'm travelling from near Manchester, Preston. I think I'm gonna go to Wolverhampton and then go direct to oxford.
Anyone else doing Computer Science on 25 July to 31 July? Travelling from West Midlands
Original post by belxesprit
Once you have filled out your details, there is a very straightforward question that they ask you. You must get this correct for the account to be made. There is also an image and they request you write down the letters/numbers that you can see

Double check the answers you are putting down and then you should be set to start using the account :smile:

Thank you so much! It turns out the answer I was putting down was incorrect - a silly mistake. I have finally made my account.

Thanks again! :smile:
Hey, is there anyone else coming from Northern Ireland? I'm doing the Beginner's Language Course at the end of June.
Is anyone travelling to UNIQ from Cornwall on 25th July?
Original post by project_legacy
Anyone else doing Computer Science on 25 July to 31 July? Travelling from West Midlands

Not doing Computer Science but I'm on the same week as you :smile: I'm coming from Coventry
Anyone travelling from Manchester? Is the easiest way to get the train to London Euston then to Oxford from there?

Just to make sure you know though, there are no direct trains from London Euston to Oxford. Take the tube to Paddington from Euston and then from there, you should be able to get a direct fast train to Oxford :smile: Trains from here are so frequent, they're around every 20-30 minutes if you're trying to get to Oxford.

Otherwise you could get the tube to Victoria, I hear it's also possible to travel to Oxford from there (I think this may be a coach service though, and sounds rather inconvenient tbh)
Original post by Magnesium
Just to make sure you know though, there are no direct trains from London Euston to Oxford. Take the tube to Paddington from Euston and then from there, you should be able to get a direct fast train to Oxford :smile: Trains from here are so frequent, they're around every 20-30 minutes if you're trying to get to Oxford.

Otherwise you could get the tube to Victoria, I hear it's also possible to travel to Oxford from there (I think this may be a coach service though, and sounds rather inconvenient tbh)

Ah, thank you!
Original post by Windowswind123
I'm this is only for public transport as I'm guessing you will need some proof of the price. I think I'm travelling from train (I'm from around the Manchester area). From the website:
[h="3"]Do I have to pay for travel to/from the summer school?[/h]Wherever possible we ask students to arrange their own travel and then submit a travel expense claim form. This gives students the freedom to arrange their own travel plans.
If you would like advice or help in making the arrangements, please contact us on [email protected].
We will pay for return tickets to the summer school from any UK destination.
For students travelling from Northern Ireland, we will provide flights from Belfast.
For students travelling from Scotland, arrangements will be made in consultation with participants and parents/carers on the best travel arrangements (i.e flights or train).

You should've put Manchester in bold, I'm from there too! Have you booked your tickets yet? Which one are you going to, I called and apparently 1 arrives there at 3:15 and another at 4:15...
Original post by JME_CHG
You should've put Manchester in bold, I'm from there too! Have you booked your tickets yet? Which one are you going to, I called and apparently 1 arrives there at 3:15 and another at 4:15...

I haven't booked because I can't seem to book so far in advance which is a bit strange to me. I just keep getting messages like "you are only able to book 12 weeks in advance". However I have only looked online so maybe I should have rang up.

I'm sure I saw some trains, albeit they were for earlier dates which went directly to Oxford train station.
I haven't booked because I can't seem to book so far in advance which is a bit strange to me. I just keep getting messages like "you are only able to book 12 weeks in advance". However I have only looked online so maybe I should have rang up.

I booked from Piccadilly today, but I have to go back at a later date to reserve my seats and arrange the times
Original post by JME_CHG
I booked from Piccadilly today, but I have to go back at a later date to reserve my seats and arrange the times

Which number did you call?
Do you get a receipt without the time (I've never been on a train before :s-smilie:).
(edited 8 years ago)
Which number did you call?
Do you get a receipt without the time (I've never been on a train before :s-smilie:).

08457484950 & yeah they gave a receipt and tickets but without the time. I've never been on a train either :s-smilie: smh we need teleporters...
Original post by JME_CHG
08457484950 & yeah they gave a receipt and tickets but without the time. I've never been on a train either :s-smilie: smh we need teleporters...

Alright, thanks!
Reply 655
Original post by JME_CHG

I'm getting the train from Preston, I get there at like 4:15 :smile:
Original post by hola!!
I'm getting the train from Preston, I get there at like 4:15 :smile:

1st August? Well then I'll see you there buddy 😊
Reply 657
Original post by JME_CHG
1st August? Well then I'll see you there buddy ������

ohhh no I'm going the 11th July :frown:
Original post by hola!!
ohhh no I'm going the 11th July :frown:

😞 ah well I'm sure you'll meet other cool ppl 😊 and did they say there's gonna be ppl waiting for us when we get off?
Reply 659
Original post by JME_CHG
������ ah well I'm sure you'll meet other cool ppl ������ and did they say there's gonna be ppl waiting for us when we get off?

Yes, I'm pretty sure they said there will be people there after 4 ish for me. So I am guessing the same for you. What course are you doing? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending