The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CescaD96
You'll never be a dumb ****. :jumphug:

Trying to read an article and getting nowhere. Reading the same few sentences over and over and nothing's going in.

Are you worried about the side effects of the zopiclone?
Original post by Sabertooth
Trying to read an article and getting nowhere. Reading the same few sentences over and over and nothing's going in.

That's me right now with my studying, but it's the medication. It doesn't mean that you are. I know you're nowhere near dumb!

I swallowed it about 5 minutes ago, but yeah I am.
That's me right now with my studying, but it's the medication. It doesn't mean that you are. I know you're nowhere near dumb!

I swallowed it about 5 minutes ago, but yeah I am.

Sorry to hear you're going through similar with your studying. :console: I don't have a job and I'm not at uni so it doesn't matter that I can't read stuff when it comes down to it but it still makes me feel stupid. :colondollar:

I would advise turning off the computer and getting ready for bed. Zopiclone generally doesn't "knock you out", it's more subtle than that. When I take it I try to get to bed within 20minutes, close my eyes and wait for it to work. Hope you don't get side effects. :smile:
Sorry to hear you're going through similar with your studying. :console: I don't have a job and I'm not at uni so it doesn't matter that I can't read stuff when it comes down to it but it still makes me feel stupid. :colondollar:

I would advise turning off the computer and getting ready for bed. Zopiclone generally doesn't "knock you out", it's more subtle than that. When I take it I try to get to bed within 20minutes, close my eyes and wait for it to work. Hope you don't get side effects. :smile:

Well I know you're not stupid, regardless. :smile:

Yeah, I'm currently on my phone in bed. It needs a charge anyway. Thanks. :smile:
I miss zopiclone :moon: Not sure if my dose was too high or whatever but I often fell asleep in the afternoon the day after taking it, it was so sedating for me. Think my antidepressants were increased at a similar time though so that probably didn't help.
Anyone here have any experience with zopiclone?

Yep, on and off it for 10 years. Worked for me, though I needed the full 7.5mg, and after a while it stopped working (guess I built up a tolerance) and I had to go onto something else.

I'm on it again at the mo. I personally don't get any side effects from it - sometimes I might feel a bit hungover in the AM but I'm generally terrible in mornings anyway so it could just be that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous #2
I miss zopiclone :moon: Not sure if my dose was too high or whatever but I often fell asleep in the afternoon the day after taking it, it was so sedating for me. Think my antidepressants were increased at a similar time though so that probably didn't help.

I love how I've made some people declare their love of it after a simple question. :h:

Original post by arguendo
Yep, on and off it for 10 years. Worked for me, though I needed the full 7.5mg, and after a while it stopped working (guess I built up a tolerance) and I had to go onto something else.

I'm on it again at the mo. I personally don't get any side effects from it - sometimes I might feel a bit hungover in the AM but I'm generally terrible in mornings anyway so it could just be that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It seems an intolerance to it is common.
:erm:

Saber, you are not stupid. Remember that video I linked you a while ago? Time to watch it again and remember that it's ****ing hard to put up with stuff. Not sure if you are hearing voices much atm, but regardless, mental illness clouds your brain and makes everything feel pretty impossible. I can't focus for more than about 30 seconds (no exaggeration) and reading anything more than a paragraph is impossible for me. Cut yourself some slack :hugs:
Original post by Pathway
:console: Have your student support been of any use regarding studying and MH? Could you claim extenuating circumstances for your exams if need be?? :hugs:

Not much seems to be working right now, been trying to think of some new techniques, but that's not going very well either. :s-smilie: Can't think properly at all.

I see one woman at uni wellbeing who is wonderful and not sure I would be alive without her. But my department aren't bothered and no kind of mitigation/exten. circs exists for exams.
sorry things aren't good :frown: am once again hitting a brick wall. (evenings are bordering on impossible) but am happy for you to PM if sounding anything out would help. for tactile flashbacks I like: ice, drawing on myself, lip scrub (if you don't have any, I would recommend, is great - strange sensation which can 'pull you out' of flashback + lovely smell which can help too + you have lovely soft lips at the end of it) :hugs:
Original post by ScaryScience
Saber, you are not stupid. Remember that video I linked you a while ago? Time to watch it again and remember that it's ****ing hard to put up with stuff. Not sure if you are hearing voices much atm, but regardless, mental illness clouds your brain and makes everything feel pretty impossible. I can't focus for more than about 30 seconds (no exaggeration) and reading anything more than a paragraph is impossible for me. Cut yourself some slack :hugs:

Thanks scary :hugs: I watched the video again; you're right, I should cut myself some slack. Thank you. :smile:
Thanks scary :hugs: I watched the video again; you're right, I should cut myself some slack. Thank you. :smile:

:penguinhug:
I love how I've made some people declare their love of it after a simple question. :h:

:tongue: Hope it helps you :hugs:
Original post by IDukem

whats up lovely? :hugs:
I see one woman at uni wellbeing who is wonderful and not sure I would be alive without her. But my department aren't bothered and no kind of mitigation/exten. circs exists for exams.
sorry things aren't good :frown: am once again hitting a brick wall. (evenings are bordering on impossible) but am happy for you to PM if sounding anything out would help. for tactile flashbacks I like: ice, drawing on myself, lip scrub (if you don't have any, I would recommend, is great - strange sensation which can 'pull you out' of flashback + lovely smell which can help too + you have lovely soft lips at the end of it) :hugs:

That's awful! Could you maybe ask for an appointment to see her? :hugs: I wish your uni were more understanding. :frown:

They're pretty impossible to me too (sorry you're struggling so much and that CMHT/your GP are so awful - it makes me so angry!), and it's sort of getting to the point where during the day is beginning to get impossible too, not sure what to do. :s-smilie: Ohh, the lip scrub is a good idea...usually washing my face/cold water helps me too (hasn't been recently). Maybe the lip scrub will - I have one of the Lush ones. It's awesome haha. Thank you for the idea. :hugs: Will try it out now. :smile:
Original post by Pathway
That's awful! Could you maybe ask for an appointment to see her? :hugs: I wish your uni were more understanding. :frown:

They're pretty impossible to me too (sorry you're struggling so much and that CMHT/your GP are so awful - it makes me so angry!), and it's sort of getting to the point where during the day is beginning to get impossible too, not sure what to do. :s-smilie: Ohh, the lip scrub is a good idea...usually washing my face/cold water helps me too (hasn't been recently). Maybe the lip scrub will - I have one of the Lush ones. It's awesome haha. Thank you for the idea. :hugs: Will try it out now. :smile:

yeah I have an appointment with her in about 3 weeks. been 5 weeks since I saw her last though and have a feeling that's one of the reasons i'm struggling so much :frown:
:hugs: yeah I have a couple of the lush ones too, they are soo nice. hope it helps a little bit :hugs:

Just don't beat yourself up. Everybody would be that slow. There is a "dumb slow" and a "can't do anything about it right now slow" and yours just happen to be the latter. (Sometimes everybody is dumb slow, of course, too.)

What video are you talking about? Have to get adapted to your new avatar.

Original post by IDukem

Hope everything gets better!

... I can't focus for more than about 30 seconds (no exaggeration) and reading anything more than a paragraph is impossible for me. ...

Oh no, that is annoying, especially if your university can't care for it. (Which is a pity, because I have the impression in the UK there would be theoretically an understanding and the money for it.)

I am doing fine, mostly because I have such a nice team being able to cope with my character. Can't be around that much, because there is a lot to do for uni and after uni. :colondollar::colone:
(edited 9 years ago)
yeah I have an appointment with her in about 3 weeks. been 5 weeks since I saw her last though and have a feeling that's one of the reasons i'm struggling so much :frown:
:hugs: yeah I have a couple of the lush ones too, they are soo nice. hope it helps a little bit :hugs:

Perhaps. :sadnod: Is there anyway they'd be able to bring the date forward so you could see her sooner? :console:

It's helped me keep grounded a bit more, thank you. :hugs: Still feel low and the tactile stuff keeps happening, but at least I am present enough to know it's not happening for real? Does that make sense? Don't know.
Cant do this scared hes going to get me :cry:
Original post by Nathanielle
Just don't beat yourself up. Everybody would be that slow. There is a "dumb slow" and a "can't do anything about it right now slow" and yours just happen to be the latter. (Sometimes everybody is dumb slow, of course, too.)

What video are you talking about? Have to get adapted to your new avatar.

Thanks, Nathanielle. :smile: It's just, I dunno, like I still haven't quite gotten used to it yet (despite having problems for years now). I always try to push myself, then feel **** about myself when I fail.

This video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL9UJVtgPZY
I highly recommend it. And it's Anderson Cooper, I have so much respect for this guy so to see him struggling is really eye-opening.

The new avatar is only for the election, I'll have my Florida panther back soon enough; don't worry! :biggrin:

You mentioned a lot to do after uni; are you in your final year?

Latest