The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I have a mentor and had one during my Masters too (undergrad place never even told me about DSA, effing jokers that they were :nothing: ). They're someone to check in with regularly and who can liaise between you and the disability department, or you and your academic department. Or even you and your hospital, depending on how proactive they feel. The mentor I had during my Masters, R, felt so indignant about the way my then-psychiatrist was ignoring my calls, that she actually rang up his secretary herself and had a huge go at her :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

:frown: :jumphug: :console:

:hugs:

Original post by Pathway
Sorry the previous two were so useless. :frown: :hugs: Glad your current one is good though, I hope mine is too...Just nervous about meeting them and being rejected or something. :s-smilie:

Oh, that's awesome! I hope my one is as good as yours! Sorry your undergraduate uni didn't tell you anything though. :s-smilie: That's pretty awful...My uni have been pretty good about getting me the support I need. Not sure where I'd be without them with regards to my degree. :dontknow:

:hugs: I'm sorry. :frown: Did they say why? :console:

why would they reject you? if SFE have granted you one then your uni has a obligation to provide one for you.
Original post by ScaryScience
:hugs:

why would they reject you? if SFE have granted you one then your uni has a obligation to provide one for you.

Not sure, I just get worried that people will hate me for some reason, then reject me. :s-smilie: I think it's just me having a weird thought process. But yeah they've agreed to 30 hours per year. Gonna have to go to Student Support on Tuesday to arrange times with them (that's what the letter said to do). I feel really weird right now. Sorry if my messages are weird at all. How are you? :console:
Original post by Pathway
Not sure, I just get worried that people will hate me for some reason, then reject me. :s-smilie: I think it's just me having a weird thought process. But yeah they've agreed to 30 hours per year. Gonna have to go to Student Support on Tuesday to arrange times with them (that's what the letter said to do). I feel really weird right now. Sorry if my messages are weird at all. How are you? :console:

It will be totally fine, just don't be afraid to speak up if you don't think it's any help. :hugs: not weird at all! am not good :no:
Reply 5963
bye. tc all.
It will be totally fine, just don't be afraid to speak up if you don't think it's any help. :hugs: not weird at all! am not good :no:

Will do. :console: Here if you want to talk at all? PM if needed. :hugs:
Original post by samba
bye. tc all.

what's up?

Original post by Pathway
Will do. :console: Here if you want to talk at all? PM if needed. :hugs:

thanks. not sure I want to talk right now but may do later. same offer goes to you, too :hugs:
Original post by Pathway
Here if you need me. :hugs:

Thanks, hope you're ok :hugs:

Original post by samba
bye. tc all.

You alright? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samba
bye. tc all.

what's up? :frown: :hugs:
Original post by Valvopus
There's a limit to blindly following stupid rules when that clearly isn't the thing to do. Probably doesn't help that it's a bank holiday weekend coming up either.

you'd hope! no, luckily is sorted out now but I literally got so stressed I made myself ill so idk, just hope it all stays sorted!
I think I've gotten myself into a massive mess and i don't know how to get out of it :cry:
Surprise surprise, my friend cancelled on me. Well, actually he didn't, I haven't heard from him since yesterday afternoon and I just saw him in town driving back from the shops with a group of other people.
Original post by Noodlzzz
So I met my new psychiatrist. Mixed feelings.

He said he was concerned about me (and I'm doing ok). God knows how he'll react when he says me on my ill days. Really don't want to go back to hospital.

:hugs: Hopefully once you're used to each other you can form a good working partnership. :smile:

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
turns out the best way to get the DWP to do things is to yell at them till you throw up :tongue:

Eeeeeep... Hope you're ok now! :tongue:

pretty much everything. first exam is a week today. I have done NO revision and don't even seem to care. my parents are coming back from an 8 week holiday on sunday morning and im dreading it. my house is an absolute pigsty - a health hazard. i'd tried to start cleaning but after less than five minutes I end up in tears and I just cant do life or anything and I just want to get off the world because it is too much. I am actually laughing at myself for being so naïve to look forward to this time, thinking I would get a little relief. instead it has been a ****ing nightmare.

:jumphug: Remember the world won't end with any of those things, no matter how it feels like. You're awesome and strong and brave, and you'll get through these hard times and through to better ones.

Original post by Midnightmemories
I think I've gotten myself into a massive mess and i don't know how to get out of it :cry:

:console: What's up?
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Surprise surprise, my friend cancelled on me. Well, actually he didn't, I haven't heard from him since yesterday afternoon and I just saw him in town driving back from the shops with a group of other people.

Got shunned by an old friend too today. :colondollar: Let's face it though, we're just too awesome for them. :cool:
whats the ****ing point in anything. feel too **** to function. ****ing moron
Could all members please abide by the rules, there is to be no discussion of self harm or suicide. Please be considerate of other vulnerable members
(edited 8 years ago)
what's up?

thanks. not sure I want to talk right now but may do later. same offer goes to you, too :hugs:

Original post by furryface12
Thanks, hope you're ok :hugs:

You alright? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console: to you both
whats the ****ing point in anything. feel too **** to function. ****ing moron

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Original post by superwolf

:console: What's up?

It's kinda difficult to explain really.... I'm gonna try and explain it in the spoiler but it could turn into a rant..

Spoiler

Original post by Midnightmemories
It's kinda difficult to explain really.... I'm gonna try and explain it in the spoiler but it could turn into a rant..

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by superwolf

Spoiler

Spoiler

Latest