The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

I'm so sick of everything.
My dad told me that apparently my mum keeps asking what she did wrong raising me for me to turn out like I did. At first I thought that was quite amusing but now it's made me sad :frown: am I really that bad a daughter? I can't help who I am :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Im on for the second time in a month and im at that feeling disgusting and dirty stage.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Original post by Odd socks
My dad told me that apparently my mum keeps asking what she did wrong raising me for me to turn out like I did. At first I thought that was quite amusing but now it's made me sad :frown: am I really that bad a daughter? I can't help who I am :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wtf? Is she being serious? you are definitely a lovely sock who has a lot going for you and you are doing great things. don't listen to her :hugs:
stressful morning. what should have taken an hour or so took 3 hours. is chaos in town. horrid. just kept panicking. and couldn't find a parking space for like 20 mins, and then some creepy guy was being all creepy and ugh. and then I saw my so called 'best friend' who hasn't spoken to me in over 2 years. ha.
Original post by ScaryScience

Spoiler

id rather go back to every couple of months :tongue:

This is BECAUSE of external hormones, i had the depo injection as they shouted at me for having to rake the morning after pill again :tongue:
I spoke to my sister though, who also had the injection now, and its done the same to her periods. Though PCOS and external hormones was never going to end well was it lets be honest :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
id rather go back to every couple of months :tongue:

This is BECAUSE of external hormones, i had the depo injection as they shouted at me for having to rake the morning after pill again :tongue:
I spoke to my sister though, who also had the injection now, and its done the same to her periods. Though PCOS and external hormones was never going to end well was it lets be honest :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Wtf? Is she being serious? you are definitely a lovely sock who has a lot going for you and you are doing great things. don't listen to her :hugs:

I think so :sadnod: I guess she just wants a normal daughter who's feminine and girly and only dates men and doesn't have piercings and doesn't have mental health issues and passes every year at uni.. and that's not me :frown: I'm a disappointment in so many ways :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think so :sadnod: I guess she just wants a normal daughter who's feminine and girly and only dates men and doesn't have piercings and doesn't have mental health issues and passes every year at uni.. and that's not me :frown: I'm a disappointment in so many ways :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, you're an interesting person in so many ways. If your mum wanted a carbon copy of herself then she should have tried for the first human clone. If she thinks it's somehow a loss to have a daughter who's different to her then you know what that makes her? A loser. :stomp:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not at all, you're you! You can't help being who you are any more than she can help being who she is. There is no such thing as normal. Be your own person and I'm certain that your mum will realise what a special person she's raised.

--

Think I'm going to have to delete Facebook, I'm sick of seeing all the engagement and baby photos.
Original post by superwolf
No, you're an interesting person in so many ways. If your mum wanted a carbon copy of herself then she should have tried for the first human clone. If she thinks it's somehow a loss to have a daughter who's different to her then you know what that makes her? A loser. :stomp:

Original post by kiss_me_now9
Not at all, you're you! You can't help being who you are any more than she can help being who she is. There is no such thing as normal. Be your own person and I'm certain that your mum will realise what a special person she's raised.

--

Think I'm going to have to delete Facebook, I'm sick of seeing all the engagement and baby photos.

thanks guys, I guess you're right :/ I just wish I could make her proud of me. I was even planning on traveling the 250 miles home to see her for her birthday but now I don't know if I want to.. but then I've already bought the train tickets so I suppose I should :/
thanks guys, I guess you're right :/ I just wish I could make her proud of me. I was even planning on traveling the 250 miles home to see her for her birthday but now I don't know if I want to.. but then I've already bought the train tickets so I suppose I should :/

You've got to live life for yourself, not just do what other people want you to do. And just because your mum disapproves of certain aspects of your life, doesn't mean she won't still be happy to see you (plus you can see your brother and sister :smile:). You sound like a better, more forgiving person than her, so accept that she isn't perfect, and that includes how she sees you sometimes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Socky, you're not a disappointment. You are awesome. All I can say is thank goodness for diversity and for people being different. The human race wouldn't have even survived without it! If your mum wanted some sort of carbon copy of her or was looking for complete perfection, she shouldn't have had a child. Also, you going back and giving second year a good go without giving up says more about you than failing last year does. Tell her to stuff it, you are the perfect version of yourself :yes:
Argh, I can't rep anyone in here for their posts to Socky :grumble:

Socky, you are AMAZING and beautiful and lovely and kind. I'm aghast that your mother would even think such a thing, let alone say it. Says more about her than you, and that's the truth! Listen to Scary and Wolfie :yep:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Argh, I can't rep anyone in here for their posts to Socky :grumble:

Socky, you are AMAZING and beautiful and lovely and kind. I'm aghast that your mother would even think such a thing, let alone say it. Says more about her than you, and that's the truth! Listen to Scary and Wolfie :yep:

I also agree with this..

You're a amazing person <3 :jumphug:
gahhh you's are all far too nice to me :colondollar: :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
gahhh you's are all far too nice to me :colondollar: :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not at all, you silly sausage! :lovehug:

Original post by Midnightmemories
I also agree with this..

You're a amazing person <3 :jumphug:

Argh, can't rep you either :colonhash:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

Argh, can't rep you either :colonhash:

I wonder why.. :nyan:
feeling ****e. urgh.
feeling ****e. urgh.

:hugs: Anything we can help with?

I'm feeling pretty crappy too, been ill (physically) for a while now and it's starting to take its toll on my mental state... Feel restless but can't do anything, haven't been leaving the house, and can't even do any crafting right now cos I feel too ill and out of it. :s-smilie:

Latest