The Student Room Group

As history edexcel

Anyone sitting the History exam on Martin Luther and The German Reformation with the European Witchcraze next Wednesday
+ Changing Position of Women 1860-1930 on the 20th?

I'm on the Edexcel board and I'm aiming for an A.

Any tips, predictions, notes would be appreciated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
YES YES YES ME! The European reformation 13th may! But I am on AQA
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
YES YES YES ME! The European reformation 13th may! But I am on AQA

What are your thoughts on this? Do you have any tips?
I just hope the grade boundaries are low, examiners are nice, and there are questions I'm familiar with. Been getting low B's and C's throughout the year. This is my only chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Berninger1864
What are your thoughts on this? Do you have any tips?
I just hope the grade boundaries are low, examiners are nice, and there are questions I'm familiar with. Been getting low B's and C's throughout the year. This is my only chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am very worried about it actually, I am aiming for an A but I have a strong feeling this exam will let me down. I to have been getting C's and B's this year on this topic. All I can say is go into depth with your explanation and justify what you have said and remember to refer back to the question! Do you have any tips?
My teachers said before reading your whole essay, the examiners make a judgement whether you're an A grade student or a D grade student just by looking at your introduction. Then they will skim through your essay to be either proved wrong or right. So I guess make sure you outline your argument clearly in the introductory paragraph.

Apparently, the more quicker they get through the papers - the better pay and beneficial for them. So I guess it's just trying to impress and prove examiners that we're able.

Posted from TSR Mobile
My teachers said before reading your whole essay, the examiners make a judgement whether you're an A grade student or a D grade student just by looking at your introduction. Then they will skim through your essay to be either proved wrong or right. So I guess make sure you outline your argument clearly in the introductory paragraph.

Apparently, the more quicker they get through the papers - the better pay and beneficial for them. So I guess it's just trying to impress and prove examiners that we're able.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That actually sounds very true. Because if you think about it the examiners are people who are marking so many papers in their holiday and probably have piles to get through, it's refreshing to see a good clear introduction rather than a big mess on a page.

Very good advice, thank you.
oh and remember to prioritise your factors.
Ahh that's what I find difficult. Our teacher also places emphasis on plans, too. But who in the hell has time for that, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh that's what I find difficult. Our teacher also places emphasis on plans, too. But who in the hell has time for that, though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know that's how I feel :frown: but my teacher said to 100% do one because examiners LOVE seeing that on the top corner of the page, they think they are about to read something structured and good instead of a mess on a page!
If they love that, then I guess I will. But when you do all essay based subjects, you just want to get in there without having to think.

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
If they love that, then I guess I will. But when you do all essay based subjects, you just want to get in there without having to think.

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really want to impress them so that even if my points were not wonderful, at least I had some good writing.That's my plan if all goes down hill on the day!
Don't worry! I'm sure we'll do great! Just think A.

Tbh, I don't even mind if I just scrape one, just need an A in History due to countless reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't worry! I'm sure we'll do great! Just think A.

Tbh, I don't even mind if I just scrape one, just need an A in History due to countless reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you memorised everything? I still have some more stuff to revise over, hopeful will be finished by tomorrow night!
I know my stuff but when it comes to writing essays without notes, I struggle. Not because I don't know anything - but because there's so many points to talk about and I get worried. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do any of you guys know roughly any predictions for Wednesdays exams for to previous questions ? And how to structure your essay 😩

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending