The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous #2
Yeah, it's all about choosing the modules you know you'll like and persevering with the ones you aren't too keen on :smile:

Maybe I'll like it next year then :tongue:
That's not good! Awful lecturers are horrible, makes it so hard to get interested in the other areas of psychology. We had to pick ours in February for some reason :erm: Can I ask which uni you go to? (It's fine if you want to keep anonymity or whatever :smile:)

I'll PM you. :smile:

edit: clean your inbox! :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pathway
Would taking a year out to work on your MH/recovery be an option for you? :console:

There's no point, I would probably feel worse here (at home) anyway. There's just no support here for me and everyone is refusing to care/listen. At least at uni I have a decent(ish) GP and my MH advisor. Tbh I am definitely too ill to be at uni and study, but this is such a long term thing that things aren't gonna get better in the short term or even medium term future.
Original post by Pathway
I'll PM you. :smile:

edit: clean your inbox! :tongue:

Sorry, just done it :tongue:
Original post by Pathway
PM if you need to talk? :console:

thanks lovely.. :hugs: i dont want to keep inflicting mysself on people who are being so kind :cry2:

:hugs:
Original post by ScaryScience
There's no point, I would probably feel worse here (at home) anyway. There's just no support here for me and everyone is refusing to care/listen. At least at uni I have a decent(ish) GP and my MH advisor. Tbh I am definitely too ill to be at uni and study, but this is such a long term thing that things aren't gonna get better in the short term or even medium term future.

Totally in the same predicament. Back home isn't safe for me either (abusive situation/too triggering/perma dissociation/etc.) and my GP here is waaay better than the ones back home. I'm trying to put on a brave face but it is getting worse (mentally and physically). So don't know what to do either. :frown: Here if you need anything though, any time. Please don't hesitate to PM/text me if you need to. :sadnod:
Got to go somewhere soon and feeling anxious,
Original post by sherbet_lemons7
thanks lovely.. :hugs: i dont want to keep inflicting mysself on people who are being so kind :cry2:

I totally don't mind if you need/want to talk to someone, you're not alone. :no: I'm here if you need anything. :yep:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7

If you need a chat just poke me on facebook chick, you know im ALWAYS here for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok, slightly odd weekend...

Major meltdown on Saturday, asked friend to come over as wasn't feeling at all safe. Felt a bit better after a few hours so friend left again. But was still emailing him and in the end he decided I should come spend the weekend with him and his wife. Then spent said weekend hiding, crying, watching classic Dr Who and pretending to be a cat cos it's a hell of a lot easier than being human.

Unsure how much of this is physical health stuff spilling over into my brain and making me feel like this, but friend has told me to make an emergency appointment with the GP tomorrow, so guess I'll be doing that.

:snoozing:
Original post by superwolf

Major meltdown on Saturday, asked friend to come over as wasn't feeling at all safe. Felt a bit better after a few hours so friend left again. But was still emailing him and in the end he decided I should come spend the weekend with him and his wife. Then spent said weekend hiding, crying, watching classic Dr Who and pretending to be a cat cos it's a hell of a lot easier than being human.

Unsure how much of this is physical health stuff spilling over into my brain and making me feel like this, but friend has told me to make an emergency appointment with the GP tomorrow, so guess I'll be doing that.

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

hope you're okay, was worried about you :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

hope you're okay, was worried about you :sadnod:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: Sorry you were worried, was in safe hands but still not exactly feeling the greatest. Skype tomorrow? Feeling a bit too worn out to speak much at the moment, but have missed you! :suith:
:hugs: Sorry you were worried, was in safe hands but still not exactly feeling the greatest. Skype tomorrow? Feeling a bit too worn out to speak much at the moment, but have missed you! :suith:

you know me, I'm always worried about something :redface:

I'm glad you were safe :yep: yeah no worries we can Skype tomorrow, be nice to yourself and maybe have an early night? <3

Posted from TSR Mobile
so I've written today off as a day when no revision will be done, I just don't feel up to it. So I'm going to watch Hannibal for a bit and then go to bed so I can start fresh tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
so I've written today off as a day when no revision will be done, I just don't feel up to it. So I'm going to watch Hannibal for a bit and then go to bed so I can start fresh tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: It's totally okay to have a rest day. :yep:
you know me, I'm always worried about something :redface:

I'm glad you were safe :yep: yeah no worries we can Skype tomorrow, be nice to yourself and maybe have an early night? <3

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lovehug: Will go to bed now - speak tomorrow!

Hope you feel better tomorrow too.

Huge hugs and have a good sleep. Def phone GP in the morning and keep doing little things to be kind to yourself :hugs:
Keep triggering myself and so stupid :frown:
Hope people are ok :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here if you need me. :hugs:

:hugs: :hugs: i'm sorry you've had such an awful weekend. hoping you feel better soon, if there is anything I can do then please let me know, and feel free to PM any time.
Original post by furryface12

Posted from TSR Mobile

PM if you need grounding (though if you wanna PM me, do it soon otherwise I might fall asleep and not see your PM til tomorrow :colondollar: )

Latest