The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Odd socks
I'm supposed to be eating healthily :frown: and we need milk :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

is it possible for someone to go with you (would that help at all?)
Original post by CescaD96
I'm just so fed up and I'm past breaking point and ughhhh

I can completely understand :sadnod:

Original post by Pathway
:hugs: if i can do anything at all, please let me know, i'm around for a few hours! gonna try and sleep "early" tonight though (not entirely sure if i slept or not :facepalm:). sorry you're not feeling good physically either, i know that when i'm in a flare up (like i am now) my MH definitely gets worse. wish i could help though :frown: if you just want to have a rant at all, i'm always here for you :console:
just been trying to keep busy (hence working with my friend/going to tesco), but it's difficult, like my concentration just keeps wandering off - which is actually quite...what's the word...well, it's worse than usual, let's put it that way (for example...normally i can follow what people are saying, but today was just so difficult - kept going "pardon?"/making a what did you just say face lol :facepalm:). just feel so worked up about what happened last night/not knowing why it happened. because now i cant avoid the trigger and it could potentially happen again?? does that make sense? everything is just scary and i dont know what to do. dont know how i'm going to cope with going home :cry:

Thank you :hugs: And yeah that all makes perfect sense. well done on keeping yourself busy firstly, I think that's the right thing to do. I think when something confusing/awful happens it can often leave us feeling preoccupied and leave our minds wandering off in order to try and analyse the situation so i'm not surprised concentration is badly. I can also relate with the fear of not knowing what caused it, and therefore there is a chance it could happen again. If you can't remember what happened properly though, then I would suggest that is for a reason, and if you can I would try and look forward and move past it. Easier said than done, of course, but maybe it's best not being remembered, if that makes sense :hugs:

I am a failure :sadnod: I can't even bring myself to leave the house to go to asda, I've been meaning to go for 4 hours :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the amount of times I should have done something/gone out and haven't done so this holiday. It happens, and is not a reflection of you - there is nothing to beat yourself up about. Is there a local shop any closer you could get essentials from? :hugs:
Original post by Pathway
is it possible for someone to go with you (would that help at all?)

it probably would help but there's no-one to go with me :frown:

Original post by ScaryScience

I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the amount of times I should have done something/gone out and haven't done so this holiday. It happens, and is not a reflection of you - there is nothing to beat yourself up about. Is there a local shop any closer you could get essentials from? :hugs:

:hugs: thanks :redface: asdas is closest, it's more the idea of leaving my bed, getting dressed and going outside that seems daunting :sadnod:
Sorry you're feeling bad :console:

Thanks, same to you too! :hugs:

Original post by Pathway
bad, just feel like something awful is going to happen and cant seem to calm down/ground myself. had a panic attack in the middle of tesco because i thought i saw him/was being followed. :facepalm: think i did too much today and need to just take a break, but i'm scared of taking a break? i'm scared of the bad thoughts/images coming back again because i cant deal with them :cry:

really dont know how to deal with this :s-smilie: think i'm probably going to fail on thursday as a result. :banghead:

how are you? sorry for the mini rant! :hugs:

I don't know if this is a real positive, but it sounds like you were still able to go out and be quite productive today, even though you found it hard while being out. I don't think there is anything wrong with taking a break now and then, they are much needed. Your mental health is more important than exams :yes: and it is way more important to make sure you look after yourself rather than push yourself too far for work purposes. :hugs:

(sorry if not helpful)

Feeling a tiny bit better, but triggered myself during the day by watching a documentary and then was in bed for like 3 hours trying to sleep and failing for the most part, did a little bit of work though so that was good(ish). Am meant to be going out with someone tomorrow but the guy still hasn't told me if he is available to go out and if so what he wants to do. He organised it and so I am waiting for him to message me instead of me messaging him first. Just fed up really.
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: Same.

Original post by Danny the Geezer
I actually hate myself and everything, so lonely, stressed and depressed. Not going to rant more as I may break the forum rules,

Original post by Pathway
:hug: here if you need anything, just send a PM

Not entirely sure what ended up happening last night, but thank you (well everyone really) for being there. Im still trying to figure out what triggered it off because it was quite bad flashback. Here if you need me too

I've failed at today again :frown: no revision done and can't even bring myself to walk to asda for shopping :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by CescaD96
I'm ****ing done I swear.

:hugs: to all of you, and sorry if I've missed anyone! Socky you're not a failure at all, and Pathway sorry I didn't help last night :s-smilie:

------
Was fine this morning then crashed really badly again. Don't get why it's so hard :frown:
I can completely understand :sadnod:

Thank you :hugs: And yeah that all makes perfect sense. well done on keeping yourself busy firstly, I think that's the right thing to do. I think when something confusing/awful happens it can often leave us feeling preoccupied and leave our minds wandering off in order to try and analyse the situation so i'm not surprised concentration is badly. I can also relate with the fear of not knowing what caused it, and therefore there is a chance it could happen again. If you can't remember what happened properly though, then I would suggest that is for a reason, and if you can I would try and look forward and move past it. Easier said than done, of course, but maybe it's best not being remembered, if that makes sense :hugs:

hmm, i'll try - i think my brain just gets fixated on stuff. like keep randomly having intrusive thoughts about it now - want it to stop. not sure how to stop it. yeah keeping busy is usually my default (well, keeping busy and dissociated anyway - not been grounded at all today).
not sure if i can be bothered with trying to ground myself anymore, nothing is working anyway. :emo: mind keeps wandering off :erm: away with the fairies, as my mum puts it :lol:

just need the stupid images to go away

sorry i'm so ramble-y today :frown:

it probably would help but there's no-one to go with me :frown:

:hugs: thanks :redface: asdas is closest, it's more the idea of leaving my bed, getting dressed and going outside that seems daunting :sadnod:

could it wait 'til tomorrow? :hugs: is there something that's getting you down/something on your mind? can we help? :console: (sorry if you've already said, i'm really all over the place - literally was forgetting my age/name/where i was earlier :s-smilie:)

Original post by moment of truth
Thanks, same to you too! :hugs:

I don't know if this is a real positive, but it sounds like you were still able to go out and be quite productive today, even though you found it hard while being out. I don't think there is anything wrong with taking a break now and then, they are much needed. Your mental health is more important than exams :yes: and it is way more important to make sure you look after yourself rather than push yourself too far for work purposes. :hugs:

(sorry if not helpful)

Feeling a tiny bit better, but triggered myself during the day by watching a documentary and then was in bed for like 3 hours trying to sleep and failing for the most part, did a little bit of work though so that was good(ish). Am meant to be going out with someone tomorrow but the guy still hasn't told me if he is available to go out and if so what he wants to do. He organised it and so I am waiting for him to message me instead of me messaging him first. Just fed up really.

yeah, i dont know - i think it was because i dont feel safe on my own? so being out is...safer, sort of. but i'm glad i did something today i think that's good. just feel like my MH is getting worse and i dont know how to cope with it so relying a lot more on maladaptive stuff like dissociation. CMHT dont seem to give a flying **** at the moment :frown:
just so worried about failing, but i agree, i shouldn't be putting this much pressure on myself - dont know how to calm down i guess, i go to extremes with everything! dont want to be a disappointment like i was when i originally failed my AS levels. :frown: (was totally helpful, btw :redface:)

sorry to hear that it triggered you. :frown: awful, awful feeling. but well done on doing some work! :woo: i know it's not easy when you're in a bad place :sadnod: sorry your friend isn't talking to you, that does seem odd - maybe wait an hour or so longer, then send him a text asking what's going on? :console: perhaps he's busy? i'm sure him not texting you is unintentional! :yep:

Original post by furryface12
:hugs: to all of you, and sorry if I've missed anyone! Socky you're not a failure at all, and Pathway sorry I didn't help last night :s-smilie:

------
Was fine this morning then crashed really badly again. Don't get why it's so hard :frown:

don't apologise! it's ok, sorry i wasn't here for you either. :frown: can help now if needed? :console: PM is open :yep:

Going to be around for a bit if you want to talk :hugs: Hope things improve soon.

-----------

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous #2
Going to be around for a bit if you want to talk :hugs: Hope things improve soon.

-----------

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway
yeah, i dont know - i think it was because i dont feel safe on my own? so being out is...safer, sort of. but i'm glad i did something today i think that's good. just feel like my MH is getting worse and i dont know how to cope with it so relying a lot more on maladaptive stuff like dissociation. CMHT dont seem to give a flying **** at the moment :frown:
just so worried about failing, but i agree, i shouldn't be putting this much pressure on myself - dont know how to calm down i guess, i go to extremes with everything! dont want to be a disappointment like i was when i originally failed my AS levels. :frown: (was totally helpful, btw :redface:)

sorry to hear that it triggered you. :frown: awful, awful feeling. but well done on doing some work! :woo: i know it's not easy when you're in a bad place :sadnod: sorry your friend isn't talking to you, that does seem odd - maybe wait an hour or so longer, then send him a text asking what's going on? :console: perhaps he's busy? i'm sure him not texting you is unintentional! :yep:

I understand that feeling. I find it hard to go out unless I have to be somewhere, then it is okay, but otherwise it is incredibly hard for me to go out. It seems like loads of people are having problems with CMHT, having not experienced them myself, I don't know much about them, but it is stupid that they don't seem to care or anything.

I can understand being worried about failing, I am too (kinda), but yeah doing some work is good but there has to be a point where it can be too much for a day, especially if you aren't feeling good. Sorry to hear you failed your AS levels but I don't think that makes you a disappointment :no:. I, myself, have always had problems academically and have never really got amazing grades, I was hoping that would change this year as I am not doing anything, but now with the way I have been feeling I know that it most likely won't happen.

Yeah, it is horrible. When I did my work, I was feeling alright, just after watching the documentary things got worse. I'm just gonna wait for him, if he doesn't want to meet up, then that is okay. He normally messages me at night time so will wait and see what happens.

:hugs:
Original post by Pathway

don't apologise! it's ok, sorry i wasn't here for you either. :frown: can help now if needed? :console: PM is open :yep:

Sorry :s-smilie: might do in s bit maybe- same offer to you :hugs:

Original post by Anonymous #2

-----------

Spoiler

Thanks, hope you're ok

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Now I'm a bit worried about a bodily function but my next GP appointment isn't until the end of the month ... basically

Spoiler

cant even remotely cope and cant breathe
Original post by moment of truth
I understand that feeling. I find it hard to go out unless I have to be somewhere, then it is okay, but otherwise it is incredibly hard for me to go out. It seems like loads of people are having problems with CMHT, having not experienced them myself, I don't know much about them, but it is stupid that they don't seem to care or anything.

I can understand being worried about failing, I am too (kinda), but yeah doing some work is good but there has to be a point where it can be too much for a day, especially if you aren't feeling good. Sorry to hear you failed your AS levels but I don't think that makes you a disappointment :no:. I, myself, have always had problems academically and have never really got amazing grades, I was hoping that would change this year as I am not doing anything, but now with the way I have been feeling I know that it most likely won't happen.

Yeah, it is horrible. When I did my work, I was feeling alright, just after watching the documentary things got worse. I'm just gonna wait for him, if he doesn't want to meet up, then that is okay. He normally messages me at night time so will wait and see what happens.

:hugs:

yeah, i'm the same. i prefer being on my own, but been feeling so bad, so felt that it was best being out. i know why CMHT like this, budget cuts. but that doesn't help me (or anyone!) - feel trapped.

haha, my dad said i was a big disappointment and a shame for the family (i originally got EDU in year 12/AS, because i couldn't physically write and was having panic attacks/flashbacks during exams), etcetc, but this is the same guy who said he was disappointed when i got 98/100 in one of my A2 psych exams and that i should have tried harder last year (i got a first...), so can't really please him at all. :dontknow: not entirely sure why i value his opinion so much.
i think it's just a case of trying your best. :yep: if you need help with anything, give me a shout? sometimes i find just talking about the more difficult topics can be helpful. :hugs:

:frown: yeah, can imagine. i haven't watched it and considering how unsafe i'm feeling i don't think i should. hopefully your friend does text you. what usually helps improve your mood? :console: here if you need anything. :hugs:

Sorry :s-smilie: might do in s bit maybe- same offer to you :hugs:

Thanks, hope you're ok

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

should be here :hugs: and thank you
Original post by Maid Marian
Now I'm a bit worried about a bodily function but my next GP appointment isn't until the end of the month ... basically

Spoiler

Not a doctor but

Spoiler

Original post by Valvopus
Not a doctor but

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Maid Marian

Spoiler

Spoiler

made it to asda eventually :redface:

ed tw

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway
yeah, i'm the same. i prefer being on my own, but been feeling so bad, so felt that it was best being out. i know why CMHT like this, budget cuts. but that doesn't help me (or anyone!) - feel trapped.

haha, my dad said i was a big disappointment and a shame for the family (i originally got EDU in year 12/AS, because i couldn't physically write and was having panic attacks/flashbacks during exams), etcetc, but this is the same guy who said he was disappointed when i got 98/100 in one of my A2 psych exams and that i should have tried harder last year (i got a first...), so can't really please him at all. :dontknow: not entirely sure why i value his opinion so much.
i think it's just a case of trying your best. :yep: if you need help with anything, give me a shout? sometimes i find just talking about the more difficult topics can be helpful. :hugs:

:frown: yeah, can imagine. i haven't watched it and considering how unsafe i'm feeling i don't think i should. hopefully your friend does text you. what usually helps improve your mood? :console: here if you need anything. :hugs:

Sometimes going out is good, clear your head and have a change, although it obviously isn't good if you end up feeling worse.

If you were feeling terrible when taking your exams then it is understandable that you didn't do very well, well done on your A2 psych result and getting a first obviously shows that you are clever :biggrin: It is hard not to take opinions like that to heart, especially if it is someone close to you.

I always try my best but sometimes it isn't good enough. Gonna try and make sure that I do better than I did last year though.

Yeah, probably isn't a great idea to watch it then. I don't really know, but I watch a lot of Netflix so just end up watching that really. What about you? Same with you too :hugs:
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest