The Student Room Group

AQA HIS1B 13th May 2015

Hey, anyone else doing this exam? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gcser
Hey, anyone else doing this exam? :smile:

Me! :s-smilie: How're you finding revision?
Reply 2
yes so scared haha
Is everyone ready for this Exam? By the way, the June 2014 paper is now online
YES! I feel like I'm so behind with revision. I'm finishing making my notes today and don't really know much.
I'm bricking it :L
Any predictions???
Reply 6
I'm thinking there's definitely going to be a trade question for Henry VII, possibly one on consolidation of his authority too, either early on with Elizabeth, Simnel, etc or one over the whole of his reign. Not sure about Henry VIII, but I highly highly doubt there'll be Richard question after last year.
Reply 7
Original post by Clark.p98
Has anyone else left out Henry VIII and Wolsey in their revision?

Wouldn't say that's wise. A Henry VIII-related question has cropped up in question 2 before.

Revise everything so you have options, just in case one of the Henry VII questions is awful.
Reply 8
I think it's very likely that a Wolsey and the Church 12-marker will be on it. But then again, they thought that last year and it didn't appear. His domestic policy was last year, so it'll be his foreign policy or downfall for the 24. I'm hoping for the latter.

Richard III probably won't appear, Henry VII's early consolidation of his reign probably will - whether that's to do with his actions directly after the Battle of Bosworth or later on when rebellions began. And unfortunately, I think that the second question will be to do with financial policies or overseas trade.
Reply 9
Explain why...

Humanists wanted reform of the Catholic Church.
Henry married Catherine in 1509.
Henry agreed to sign the Treaty of St Germaine-En-Laye.
Wolsey rose to the position of Lord Chancellor.
Henry wanted to go to war with France in 1512.
Henry wanted an annulment from Catherine.
Wolsey failed to obtain an annulment
The Amicable Grant failed.
Wolsey introduced financial reforms.
Henry signed the Treaty of the More in 1526.
Wolsey introduced the Treaty of London in 1518.
Wolsey created the League of Cognac in 1526.
Wolsey had become isolated from the King by 1529.
Henry agreed to take part in the Field of the Cloth of Gold.

Just a few possibilities. There are many more >.<
(edited 8 years ago)
I've looked through all past papers and all Wolsey and Henry viii questions are always only on question 3. But I I'll probably quickly revise Wolsey just in case there is a horrible q1 or q2
Reply 11
Original post by Clark.p98
I've looked through all past papers and all Wolsey and Henry viii questions are always only on question 3. But I I'll probably quickly revise Wolsey just in case there is a horrible q1 or q2

Can't remember the Year, think it was around 2010, but the 12-marker for q2 was 'Explain why Henry executed Empson and Dudley', and then the 24-marker was to do with Henry VII's financial policies. They may mix things up just to confuse us :wink:
Original post by Remne
Can't remember the Year, think it was around 2010, but the 12-marker for q2 was 'Explain why Henry executed Empson and Dudley', and then the 24-marker was to do with Henry VII's financial policies. They may mix things up just to confuse us :wink:

Yeah you're right. Annoying how they didn't have the 2010 paper on the aqa website! Thank you so much for telling me, otherwise I wouldn't of revised it and be totally screwed in the exam
do you think they can ask a 12 marker on enclosure for henry vii? Because i'm struggling to find enough info on it to pad out an essay
Original post by thehollowcrown
do you think they can ask a 12 marker on enclosure for henry vii? Because i'm struggling to find enough info on it to pad out an essay

I doubt they'd ask it for HVII (maybe as part of a broader question on agriculture) although I think it could come up for HVIII although probably still quite unlikely.
Original post by edgarcats
I doubt they'd ask it for HVII (maybe as part of a broader question on agriculture) although I think it could come up for HVIII although probably still quite unlikely.

Yeah I agree, I think if it was going to come up it'd be part of wider domestic economy. Thanks!
I think the Wolsey question will be something to do with the Church as I don't think this has come up yet. Any guesses? Church hasn't really come up for HVII either so maybe that will come up instead. I think they'll probably give no RIII questions, 2 HVII and 1 HVIII. HVII and domestic economy hasn't really made an appearance yet either.
Anyone else got any predictions?
Reply 17
I know nothing and the exam is in two days, anyone have any advise please? It would be greatly appreciated thanks
Do you think they could ask a part b on the Church or just a part a?
skeptal on this exam. I feel confident on Henry V11 and Richard, but then theres Wolsey... I struggle to grasp it:frown: Just edging my bets that the Henry question will be nice! or Henry V111 and Church that would be nice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending