The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD223
Yeah. We weren't even taught the Hitler controversy so I've no choice but to answer that question haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What?! No way!

Make sure you learn the Hitler controversy because it overlaps with some of the content in Part A!! (30 marker)

Also, Hitler is generally easier (unless effective comes up). Let me know if you need any help I'll try and help you in any way possible. But I'm learning it myself too so it'll be like a joint learning curve.
Reply 481
Original post by Tow
What?! No way!

Make sure you learn the Hitler controversy because it overlaps with some of the content in Part A!! (30 marker)

Also, Hitler is generally easier (unless effective comes up). Let me know if you need any help I'll try and help you in any way possible. But I'm learning it myself too so it'll be like a joint learning curve.

I thought Part A was only testing 1900-33 then 1930-45?

What topics from the Hitler controversy pop up in part A then? Because I've always seen topics from the years listed above come up in part A. That's why you never get a "course of World War One" part A question as it always appears in part B.

I probably won't teach myself the controversy as I'm pretty set on doing the WW1 question. Plus I only need an A in history, not an A*, and have 3 other subjects to revise :/

Good luck revising it though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I thought Part A was only testing 1900-33 then 1930-45?

What topics from the Hitler controversy pop up in part A then? Because I've always seen topics from the years listed above come up in part A. That's why you never get a "course of World War One" part A question as it always appears in part B.

I probably won't teach myself the controversy as I'm pretty set on doing the WW1 question. Plus I only need an A in history, not an A*, and have 3 other subjects to revise :/

Good luck revising it though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright, if you insist :smile:
h
I'll double check on the content that overlaps but I believe it's the 1939-45 part including the opposition and Nazi economy. I think that's it, again not sure. My teacher said they overlap - in fact two history teachers said it. That's why my teachers don't let us revise just one.
Reply 483
Original post by Tow
Alright, if you insist :smile:
h
I'll double check on the content that overlaps but I believe it's the 1939-45 part including the opposition and Nazi economy. I think that's it, again not sure. My teacher said they overlap - in fact two history teachers said it. That's why my teachers don't let us revise just one.

Personally I would have liked to cover both in class, but my teacher has put an absolute ban on it this year haha.

I just hope the WW1 question is straightforward enough to interpret this year.

Part a questions only test topics that don't appear in part B, which means all from 1900-33 then during WW2 1939-45.

My teacher has said any comparisons or mention of content between 1934-38 in a part a question will not gain credit.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Personally I would have liked to cover both in class, but my teacher has put an absolute ban on it this year haha.

I just hope the WW1 question is straightforward enough to interpret this year.

Part a questions only test topics that don't appear in part B, which means all from 1900-33 then during WW2 1939-45.

My teacher has said any comparisons or mention of content between 1934-38 in a part a question will not gain credit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

World War One content doesn't come into Part A. That's true.

Hitler controversy, however, does.

As I said, I do need to double check, but they could ask you a question that would include some of the knowledge gained in part B.

Either your teacher is wrong, or both mine are, or there's some misunderstanding. Either way, I'll double check and keep you informed.
Reply 485
Original post by Tow
World War One content doesn't come into Part A. That's true.

Hitler controversy, however, does.

As I said, I do need to double check, but they could ask you a question that would include some of the knowledge gained in part B.

Either your teacher is wrong, or both mine are, or there's some misunderstanding. Either way, I'll double check and keep you informed.

Please do. I'd appreciate it. I don't understand why they would assess part B knowledge in part A though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Please do. I'd appreciate it. I don't understand why they would assess part B knowledge in part A though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was exactly my initial thought. I do hope you're right though.
Reply 487
Original post by Tow
That was exactly my initial thought. I do hope you're right though.

Yeah. Coupled with the fact they've never asked a question thus far that draws on part B knowledge, I was fairly assured that there was no need to cover the Nazi controversy to do well in part a.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah. Coupled with the fact they've never asked a question thus far that draws on part B knowledge, I was fairly assured that there was no need to cover the Nazi controversy to do well in part a.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's only ever been 5 questions right? That's not enough to base any speculation xD What hasn't come up is by no means an indications that it won't come up.
In any case, my teacher thinks Nazi consolidation will come up so be sure to solidify your knowledge on that one!!
Reply 489
Original post by Tow
There's only ever been 5 questions right? That's not enough to base any speculation xD What hasn't come up is by no means an indications that it won't come up.
In any case, my teacher thinks Nazi consolidation will come up so be sure to solidify your knowledge on that one!!

Well if you account for the fact there's two per year in part a, ten questions that all cover all the chapters bar the controversies in the Edexcel textbook, it seems fairly likely. :wink:

My teacher also believes Nazi consolidation will appear. We had a mock on that recently :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Well if you account for the fact there's two per year in part a, ten questions that all cover all the chapters bar the controversies in the Edexcel textbook, it seems fairly likely. :wink:My teacher also believes Nazi consolidation will appear. We had a mock on that recently :smile:Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah! Forgot there were 2 each year xD but there still are quite a few questions that overlap and are repetitive. There are so many questions they could ask, questions that we haven't even thought of. For example, 'how far did the Chancellors contribute to the fall of democracy in the Second Reich'. This one isn't too hard but there are yet questions that I haven't even thought of.

But yeah Nazi consolidation hasn't come up and is fairly straoght forward... I hope it comes up xD

We'll just have to cross our fingers and pray xD

Oh yeah, if Nazi consolidation does come up, they can suddenly make it hard by restricting the time period to only 1933. So you can't talk about Night of the Long Knives etc. So just be aware of that if you weren't already :smile:
Reply 491
Original post by Tow
Oh yeah! Forgot there were 2 each year xD but there still are quite a few questions that overlap and are repetitive. There are so many questions they could ask, questions that we haven't even thought of. For example, 'how far did the Chancellors contribute to the fall of democracy in the Second Reich'. This one isn't too hard but there are yet questions that I haven't even thought of.

But yeah Nazi consolidation hasn't come up and is fairly straoght forward... I hope it comes up xD

We'll just have to cross our fingers and pray xD

Oh yeah, if Nazi consolidation does come up, they can suddenly make it hard by restricting the time period to only 1933. So you can't talk about Night of the Long Knives etc. So just be aware of that if you weren't already :smile:

Haha!

They do tend to overlap chapters but I've never seen them include controversy chapters in that overlap.

There are quite a few questions they could ask given the length of time involved!

You would have thought Nazi consolidation was a glaring hole in the topics they haven't yet asked. It would be great if it came up.

Well in my mock the period of consolidation was restricted from January to July 1933 ahah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Haha!

They do tend to overlap chapters but I've never seen them include controversy chapters in that overlap.

There are quite a few questions they could ask given the length of time involved!

You would have thought Nazi consolidation was a glaring hole in the topics they haven't yet asked. It would be great if it came up.

Well in my mock the period of consolidation was restricted from January to July 1933 ahah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah they haven't overlapped yet, but they could, if my teachers are right obviously. But don't worry I'll check up on this.

And that's good! I did a question on 1933 aswell! It wasn't a mock, but I did force my teacher to mark it xDD
Reply 493
Original post by Tow
Yeah they haven't overlapped yet, but they could, if my teachers are right obviously. But don't worry I'll check up on this.

And that's good! I did a question on 1933 aswell! It wasn't a mock, but I did force my teacher to mark it xDD

Please do. Do you see them tomorrow?

I'll ask mine as I have history tomorrow.

Hahah. How did you do? Mine was a mock but we haven't had it back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I see them tomorrow I'll ask!!

And I got 29/30 I think. My teacher never gives anyone full marks because 'there's always something you can improve on' but I was pleased with that :smile:.

Anyway, I'm using the TSR app and was wondering how do I quote someone?? I can only post a reply but I don't know how to quote you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 495
Original post by Tow
Yeah I see them tomorrow I'll ask!!

And I got 29/30 I think. My teacher never gives anyone full marks because 'there's always something you can improve on' but I was pleased with that :smile:.

Anyway, I'm using the TSR app and was wondering how do I quote someone?? I can only post a reply but I don't know how to quote you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh brilliant thanks.

Wow well done! Are you doing history at uni?

If you tap on my post, a black horizontal menu should appear. The first option on the left should be "Quote". Then it'll quote me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Oh brilliant thanks.

Wow well done! Are you doing history at uni?

If you tap on my post, a black horizontal menu should appear. The first option on the left should be "Quote". Then it'll quote me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww that's awesome thanks!! Was trying to figure it out for ageeeeees!!

Anyway no, I'm not :smile:

I'm doing, well hoping to do, Philosophy and Theology.

You??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 497
Original post by Tow
Aww that's awesome thanks!! Was trying to figure it out for ageeeeees!!

Anyway no, I'm not :smile:

I'm doing, well hoping to do, Philosophy and Theology.

You??

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries!

Nice! What's your offer? I want to do Comp Sci at Bath which requires AAA :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
No worries!

Nice! What's your offer? I want to do Comp Sci at Bath which requires AAA :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww that's awesome!! I was considering Computer Sci!! It's just so fascinating and I love computers - I could live with one.

And my offer is AAA at Durham :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just clarify. Content from parts A and B are mutually exclusive, and there's no overlap. That's why most schools just learn one of the controversy questions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending