The Student Room Group

Re exam tomorrow... Any tips???

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Zeetingman
I would dread to have a question like this. I would run out of points to use.

I'm hoping someone really kind is gonna answer this question so that I can just memorise some of the points cos I am not familair with the tv programmes and my teacher has strongly recommended to learn about them
Reply 81
Original post by brownie33
Maybe you should just relax, the religious studies should be straightforward as long as you just get to know the structures of the answers :smile: and what is the geography controlled assessment about?

It's about the effects of tourism in Knaresborough. We have to do quite alot! Like the introduction, data analysis, results, rader graphs and pie charts. Then we need to have a contents page and front cover. And then the conclusion and evaluation will be done in strict exam conditions.
We went on a field trip to Knaresborough and did some surveys and asked people to fill out some questionnaires. We also did some traffic count surveys and made notes on tourist attraction points.
Original post by Ash Kay
I'm hoping someone really kind is gonna answer this question so that I can just memorise some of the points cos I am not familair with the tv programmes and my teacher has strongly recommended to learn about them

I would hate a question on different views on different religions from a christian perspective. I've got a feeling a D question will go along these lines as there aren't many past papers questions on this so i'd advise learning the terms used to describe different christian views.
Original post by Zeetingman
Actually you can.

No you can't. For example take a look at this examiners report for question 6c)

The question asked why some Muslims might accept contraception. The examiner's report states that candidates should NOT give both opinions. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431282476.637195.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431282492.544207.jpg
Reply 84
Original post by teenhorrorstory
No you can't. For example take a look at this examiners report for question 6c)

The question asked why some Muslims might accept contraception. The examiner's report states that candidates should NOT give both opinions. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431282476.637195.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1431282492.544207.jpg

If it was a general question and asked you to discuss the matter... then Im sure you can say both sides
Ohhh I have completed some of mine too but we are doing ours on a place called Hunstanton. I would have uploaded my coursework for you to look at but it keeps saying error.. :frown: It's quite easy, just follow the brief and you should finish it quickly
One thing we got told to do was learn your teachings! Learn things such as 'your body is a temple of the holy spirit' and stuff like that. I can't remember any good ones as I sat my exam a while ago but learning teaching and quotes can help to provide evidence for your answers and really bump up your grade. You can also use the same teaching's for multiple answers/questions which is great! I only learnt about 2 or 3 and passed with a B
Reply 87
Ohhh I have completed some of mine too but we are doing ours on a place called Hunstanton. I would have uploaded my coursework for you to look at but it keeps saying error.. :frown: It's quite easy, just follow the brief and you should finish it quickly

Aww mann can I please take a look at your coursework? It would help alot! Can you email it to me please?
Original post by Ash Kay
If it was a general question and asked you to discuss the matter... then Im sure you can say both sides

Yes of course. For example if the question asked you to discuss Christian attitudes to contraception, then it's perfectly acceptable to give both sides. I was referring specifically to questions where it only asks for one side
Reply 89
Original post by NatalieBlundell
One thing we got told to do was learn your teachings! Learn things such as 'your body is a temple of the holy spirit' and stuff like that. I can't remember any good ones as I sat my exam a while ago but learning teaching and quotes can help to provide evidence for your answers and really bump up your grade. You can also use the same teaching's for multiple answers/questions which is great! I only learnt about 2 or 3 and passed with a B

Wow nice!!! Thanks
Yes i will, what's your email address?
Reply 91
Original post by teenhorrorstory
Yes of course. For example if the question asked you to discuss Christian attitudes to contraception, then it's perfectly acceptable to give both sides. I was referring specifically to questions where it only asks for one side

Oh right yeah! Thanks :smile:
Reply 92
Yes i will, what's your email address?

THANK YOU SO MUCH I SWEAR OMG YOU ARE SO SWEET THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!! MY EMAIL IS [email protected]
Original post by Ash Kay
Wow nice!!! Thanks

This site/image has some good teachings for some topics regarding Christianity. Maybe worth a look. I am not sure what topics you will have in your exam though but if it's any of these I hope I helped :smile:

https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/aqa-gcse-re--key-quotes-6393325
What board is this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 95
Original post by NatalieBlundell
This site/image has some good teachings for some topics regarding Christianity. Maybe worth a look. I am not sure what topics you will have in your exam though but if it's any of these I hope I helped :smile:

https://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resource/aqa-gcse-re--key-quotes-6393325

Aww thank you!!! You have helped alot!!! Thanks so much. Even though I'm doing edexcel... the points are similar so the quotes are really useful!!! Thanks alot I really appreciate it
(edited 8 years ago)
ok I have sent it. I've only sent a methodology table and the introduction as that is how far we have got.. let me know if you need any help :smile:
Original post by Ash Kay
Aww thank you!!! You have helped alot!!! Thanks so much. Even though I'm doing edexcel... the points are similar so the quotes are really useful!!! Thanks alot I really appreciate it

You're welcome! Good luck, I hope you do really well :smile:
Original post by samb1234
What board is this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Edexcel mostly.
Reply 99
ok I have sent it. I've only sent a methodology table and the introduction as that is how far we have got.. let me know if you need any help :smile:

Oh my gosh Thank you so much I feel like crying... like omg thank you so much!! You dont know how much you have helped me!!! Thanks so much!!!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending