The Student Room Group

English Literature Mock Help

For my English mock, I need to compare a play, A Doll's House, and Christina Rossetti's selected poems but I don't know how should I start revising. My exam board is OCR and context is worth 50% so should I prioritise contexts for both play and text over themes & critics? Or should I make notes on themes and critics? Or both? Please if anyone got any tips, respond to me ASAP.
Reply 1
Original post by bayan2005
For my English mock, I need to compare a play, A Doll's House, and Christina Rossetti's selected poems but I don't know how should I start revising. My exam board is OCR and context is worth 50% so should I prioritise contexts for both play and text over themes & critics? Or should I make notes on themes and critics? Or both? Please if anyone got any tips, respond to me ASAP.

Helllo, fellow english lit student here ( year 13 ) I have my paper 2 alevel tomorrow and I would say to priotise the themes and critics. As long as you have read the book, know quotes then focus on themes because you can always find a way for the themes to be linked to you exam :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by colinnzcool
Helllo, fellow english lit student here ( year 13 ) I have my paper 2 alevel tomorrow and I would say to priotise the themes and critics. As long as you have read the book, know quotes then focus on themes because you can always find a way for the themes to be linked to you exam :smile:

Thank you so much! I hope tomorrow's exam goes well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending