The Student Room Group

Re exam tomorrow... Any tips???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zeetingman
My exam technique is quite strange, adrenaline makes me do better. I also tend to finish the exam about 10 minutes earlier then flick through and calculate my marks lol.

I do the exact same wit time , but I think I'm gonna concentrate on spelling and handwringing +do a 15 second ppl an on the C and D questions because of the time I'm always left with, I know most content and even I I don't know 4 points for C it's easy jut to make something up because the examiners gonna see 4 paragraphs, check they all contain diffenrt points and then just tick them for 8 marks, they don't want to waste 20 mins on each paper just by reading it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tommy1499
I do the exact same wit time , but I think I'm gonna concentrate on spelling and handwringing +do a 15 second ppl an on the C and D questions because of the time I'm always left with, I know most content and even I I don't know 4 points for C it's easy jut to make something up because the examiners gonna see 4 paragraphs, check they all contain diffenrt points and then just tick them for 8 marks, they don't want to waste 20 mins on each paper just by reading it

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's like if I know what the question is talking about i'll just do the question really quickly so I don't forget the point i'm making. Another thing is, I always get scared that 3 lines in a paragraph is too little so I add some unnecessary information on the last line just to fill up the paragraph.
Anyone got stuff on media questions for matters of life and death? Literally can't do media questions but everything else is fine D: Really want an A* but to do that I need to basically get near full marks in both papers (edexcel).
Anyone doing OCR ? what are the likely questions people ?
Anyone know the UMS boundaries for the past few OCR Philosophy and Applied Ethics exams?
Original post by Cinna21
Anyone doing OCR ? what are the likely questions people ?
me, im doing past papers right now and they seem to vary, im gonna use imagodei, love thy neighbour and pauls teachings for pretty much everything lol
Original post by chocolatesauce
me, im doing past papers right now and they seem to vary, im gonna use imagodei, love thy neighbour and pauls teachings for pretty much everything lol

Whats imagodei ???
Original post by Cinna21
Whats imagodei ???
its another way of saying made in the image of god :smile:
Original post by chocolatesauce
its another way of saying made in the image of god :smile:

I see what you did there, almost scared me i thought i didnt revise properly , are you doing OCR ?? im gonna study the past exam papers & formulate what might come up :P
Original post by Cinna21
I see what you did there, almost scared me i thought i didnt revise properly , are you doing OCR ?? im gonna study the past exam papers & formulate what might come up :P
lol its a legit term, im not making it up :lol: the 12 marks are worded so weirdly
Original post by Rachel4x
Anyone got stuff on media questions for matters of life and death? Literally can't do media questions but everything else is fine D: Really want an A* but to do that I need to basically get near full marks in both papers (edexcel).

I abide the question that has a media question within in, I haven't done any revision for any type of media and I'm doing great, just pick the other option :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im doing unit 4 - islam. But it's the same structure. Just memorise the keywords and the question structure and you should be fine.

Good luck
Original post by Jasaron
Anyone know the UMS boundaries for the past few OCR Philosophy and Applied Ethics exams?

I don't know the UMS boundaries but apparently around 90% is A*, around 80% is A, 70% is B and so on (down to like 40% is E). That said I wouldn't be surprised if that's a little higher than the actual boundaried bc our school likes giving us high grade boundaries
Original post by Diligence
Hi,

Anyone on here doing the Edexcel R.S exam tomorrow?
If so, can you please explain how you structure the 8 marker and 6 marker?

Thanks

for the 8, 4 short points with relevant evidence and explanantion, a bible quote should suffice.
For the 6, the first part is 3 short points and explanations the econd is a refutation of everything you said in the first part. Bible quotes wherever needed to get religion in.
Original post by an_atheist
for the 8, 4 short points with relevant evidence and explanantion, a bible quote should suffice.
For the 6, the first part is 3 short points and explanations the econd is a refutation of everything you said in the first part. Bible quotes wherever needed to get religion in.

theres an 8 mark question? do you do ocr?
Learn key words is most essential & critical I have unit 1 tomorrow :smile:
IT'S HAPPENING.

My word of advice: just chill.
If you know you're a genius, and you know you will succeed, then you will succeed.

Goodluck!
Original post by Ash Kay
The Vicar of Dibley

Father Ted

Original post by Zeetingman
Songs of Praise?

Yes can you expand on these please.
I'm doing WJEC one. Good luck to everyone doing it. Aiming for an A or a B!
Original post by jackthb
IT'S HAPPENING.

My word of advice: just chill.
If you know you're a genius, and you know you will succeed, then you will succeed.

Goodluck!

Sound advice I'm quite relaxed to be truthful. Aiming for A/A* I know I can do it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending