The Student Room Group

AQA Economics AS May 2015

Scroll to see replies

PEOPLE WHO GOT 4/5/6 Ds in a row around the question6-11 area are wrong!! The majority of the multi choice was As and Bs then Cs with a few Ds. Im almost 100% certain i got 100% in multi choice.
Sentiment at school was that it was pretty difficult, although most mpc were just reused word for word. I'm thinking 55-58/ 75 for an a.

What did people get for the 3rd mpc? the question was about the price functions with the table. think I put C
Original post by the__jackal
Sentiment at school was that it was pretty difficult, although most mpc were just reused word for word. I'm thinking 55-58/ 75 for an a.

What did people get for the 3rd mpc? the question was about the price functions with the table. think I put C

the one were price increases demand falls so supply increases
Original post by DerekW999
PEOPLE WHO GOT 4/5/6 Ds in a row around the question6-11 area are wrong!! The majority of the multi choice was As and Bs then Cs with a few Ds. Im almost 100% certain i got 100% in multi choice.

banter
Reply 343
Original post by Jasmine149
I didn't even have time to finish the essay! I too had a lot of things to write about it, and I feel like I completely messed up because I forgot to mention gambling as a demerit good, instead I gave my own examples of demerit goods :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's alright the grade boundary ought to be pretty low this year!! Don't worry!

Original post by TheGreatImposter
Yeah I found it hard and I had some similar points to you. There's always unit 2 dw

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay!! do you remember the actual question though? I'm worried we might be slightly off-tangent.... and yeah unit 2 is so much easier (though it's hard to say since this year's aqa papers are crazy.)
Original post by Einstein16
Just to let everybody know i have the question booklet with me. I can upload the mcs and questions in 24hrs if demanded!

Do it now!!!!!
Original post by BBeyond
the one were price increases demand falls so supply increases

banter

Im being serious?
Original post by the__jackal

Yeah C since a price rise rations demand to those who can afford it (demand falls) and incentivizes supplies to icnrease their output (supply increases)
Reply 347
My initial assessment:
Multiple choice was harder than last year, but not unmanageable if you'd done a lot of past papers.

I went for Context 1. I'm not sure about my definition, but 2 and 3 were fine. For 4 I just meandered through the three market failures they mentioned, threw in a few diagrams, evaluated as I went along. My structure was questionable.

Essay questions were very vague.

2014: Discuss the effects of subsidies in the newspaper industry
2015: Discuss intervention

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Do it now!!!!!

How did you get it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Put the same as well. I defined income inequality as a unsatisfactory distribution of income in society, or something similar does anyone know if that would get me the marks ?
Did anyone else realise that LOADS of questions in the MC Were simply repeats of 2009/2010 papers??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krollo
My initial assessment:
Multiple choice was harder than last year, but not unmanageable if you'd done a lot of past papers.

I went for Context 1. I'm not sure about my definition, but 2 and 3 were fine. For 4 I just meandered through the three market failures they mentioned, through in a few diagrams, evaluated as I went along. My structure was questionable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This.

I think a lot of people expected multiple choice questions to be recycled but the early ones certainly weren't. Nevertheless, anyone who had the knowledge could have little or no problem in answering them.

The contexts were where it got a bit difficult and unconventional - owing perhaps to a lack of clarity in the questions perhaps - but equally that could mean that a variety of approaches were accepted.

For that reason I'm guessing it might be something like 55 for an A and 70 for full UMS? I dunno.
Original post by Krollo
My initial assessment:

I went for Context 1. I'm not sure about my definition, but 2 and 3 were fine. For 4 I just meandered through the three market failures they mentioned, through in a few diagrams, evaluated as I went along. My structure was questionable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

My 25 marker was very similar to yours :tongue: A lot of people only discussed policy options which limits them to 16 if they didn't anaylse why the government shout intervene :frown:

Does anyone reckon this will get any marks for the 12 marker on context 1? http://gyazo.com/2041c91d608fe9143111f12a45c80569
My logic was that the price change occurs before the demand and supply change
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi! I did the same context question and drew the exact same graph as you!! I thought I got it all wrong after the exam because I didn't check to see the 12 marker only chose context one due to the 25 marker
Reply 354
What is the definition for income inequality?
Oh and an interesting multiple choice question - how did everyone answer the question about productive inefficiency?

I selected the option that read "A firm can lower average costs by reducing output"
Original post by BBeyond
My 25 marker was very similar to yours :tongue: A lot of people only discussed policy options which limits them to 16 if they didn't anaylse why the government shout intervene :frown:

Does anyone reckon this will get any marks for the 12 marker on context 1? http://gyazo.com/2041c91d608fe9143111f12a45c80569
My logic was that the price change occurs before the demand and supply change

Hi! I did the same context question and drew the exact same graph as you!! I thought I got it all wrong after the exam because I didn't check to see the 12 marker only chose context one due to the 25 marker
Do it now!!!!!

Can u please I NEED to see them !
Original post by Wawasan
Oh and an interesting multiple choice question - how did everyone answer the question about productive inefficiency?

I selected the option that read "A firm can lower average costs by reducing output"

think i went c but it's probs wrong tbh

the one about they could be more productive with more capital i felt like a and b were basically saying the same thing so they were either both right or wrong and they cant both be right :tongue:
Original post by BBeyond
think i went c but it's probs wrong tbh

the one about they could be more productive with more capital i felt like a and b were basically saying the same thing so they were either both right or wrong and they cant both be right :tongue:

Yeah it was a bit hit and miss really - the onyl reason why I answrered a such was because I knew that productive efficiency is when a firm operates at its lowest possible average unit cost of production and hence it might achieve it if it lowers its output, as stated :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending