The Student Room Group

AQA Economics AS May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone do context 2? I came out of the exam and on me and one other girl had done cntext 2, seriously context one was difficult.
Original post by Crozzer24
Was it the income elasticity of demand one with the table or the biggest change in price when subisidised? I read both of them wrong and put price Inelastic and then infinity as I assumed it meant for supply not demand:frown:

nah it was the one about the productively inefficient firm
Omg, no please post the question paper......
Original post by BBeyond
24 thought i'd got 25 but i also misread a question :frown:
Reply 463
Original post by Bilalnaseerr
It was about the government financially supporting car and fuel companies. I struggled with it? How did you find the exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright, i didn't mention cars or energy in that question though, just general things that the government could do
I think if you included a definition and a relevant diagram then you probably would get 6 marks.... so don't be too upset about it:smile:
PLEASE HELP did i lose loads of marks for 12 marker context 1 only talked about monopolies with a economies of scale diagram nothing else
Hey,

For my 12 marker (context 1) i defined scarce resources and demand (didnt know what else to do)

I then drew a supply and demand curve and demand shifiting outwards.

I said if the price of a good increases this will result in firms willing to supply more of the product and thus will increase the amount of scarce resources allocated to the production of the good. I said similarly if demand decreases then less scarce resources will be used up because less of the good will need to be produced in order to meet the demand is this right?
can anyone email me the MCQ questions please?
Can anyone please post the written answers for multiple choice? Please
Reply 469
If anyone knows any of the MCQs from the test please post it up. Especially Q1-5 but all of them would be great. Thanks
Original post by AboutAWeekAgo
PLEASE HELP did i lose loads of marks for 12 marker context 1 only talked about monopolies with a economies of scale diagram nothing else

I wouldn't say you lost loads of marks its just a different way to go about it than I did. I showed how an increase in price reduced output thus rations the products with just a demand curve diag

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 471
I would also like the MCQs to be emailed to me please
Original post by Wawasan
Good on the whole, I suspect grade boundaries will be a little bit lower than last year maybe.

I'm just wondering - for the multiple choice, did any of you end of with the answer D for questions 7, 8, 9 AND 10? Or something similar - I can't remember. I was a bit surprised to end up with four in a row but I suppose Iwas confident of the answer being D at the time!

Yh i got D for 7 8 and 9 but not 10
Original post by BBeyond
Unofficial M/C markscheme: (I may be wrong pls don't bite my head off)

1)B 2)A 3)C 4)C 5)B 6)B 7)D 8)D 9)D 10)D 11)C 12)A 13)B 14)A 15)C 16)B 17)C 18)C 19)A 20)C 21)C 22)A 23)B 24)A 25)D

hope this helps everyone will have sat the exam by now

post it!
For the 12 mark question on context 1 if you have drawn the diagram shown already but with shifts in supply and demand showing how demand falls and supply rises will it be ok? And can I get an email of the MCQ please?
Will it be ok if I have shifted demand and supply on the 12 mark question on context 1 but shown the same thing?
Reply 476
I thought the exam was easier than any past paper I've done (Context 1+MPC, that is). I just didn't have time to finish the 25-marker (finished about half).

1 hour 15 is a joke—you barely have time to think or comprehend the extracts. Exams should be testing your knowledge, not how fast you can write.
Original post by lewissteele
I wouldn't say you lost loads of marks its just a different way to go about it than I did. I showed how an increase in price reduced output thus rations the products with just a demand curve diag

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah thats what everyone else did whereas i didnt even mention signalling rationing and incentives so ive lost atleast half marks
Lol dat q on missing market came up and I remembered the answer :biggrin:

Also what did people put for the question about price elasticity being -0.56 or something and a higher price. Was the answer there would be higher profits or something (can't remember the exact question)
Reply 479
Original post by Kiytt
I thought the exam was easier than any past paper I've done (Context 1+MPC, that is). I just didn't have time to finish the 25-marker (finished about half).

1 hour 15 is a joke—you barely have time to think or comprehend the extracts. Exams should be testing your knowledge, not how fast you can write.

Spot on. We should be given enough time to comfortably get through all the questions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending