The Student Room Group

English lit AQA may 2015 predictions as level

Hey this is my first post as I wondered if anybody knows any predictions or can give me some help. It's for the lit b aspects of narrative paper on May 15th 2015. I study Rossetti poems, the great gatsby, the road and the rime of the ancient mariner. Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Chapter 6 hasn't come up for Gatsby so that is a possibility.

Wanted to ask if you could give me a few aspects of narrative that are present in each chapter of The Great Gatsby
I do Gatsby, The Road, Auden, and Browning.

Agreed with rb, chapter 6 seems reasonable.

As for section B, I don't think openings have been asked yet, so there's a possibility; titles could also come up.

If anyone else here does Auden, what do you think about 'As I Walked Out One Evening' coming up, or 'Musee de Beaux Arts'?
What do ya think for Rossetti odd number question?

I'm resitting this year and hardly done any revision! if anyone has any revision notes please have mercy and help me out! :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by rb123456
Chapter 6 hasn't come up for Gatsby so that is a possibility.

Wanted to ask if you could give me a few aspects of narrative that are present in each chapter of The Great Gatsby

Chapter 1: narrative voice, characterisation of tom or/and daisy, setting contrast between East and west, Buchanan mansion and gatsbys mansion.
Chapter 2: narrative voice, characterisation mrytle/ tom, setting of VoA or mrytles appartment, time and sequence - linear chronological
Chapter 3: narrative voice,characterisation of gatsby, setting of party
Chapter 4, characterisation of wolfsheim, setting of NYC, narrative voice of Jordan in analeptics narrative
Chapter 5, characterisation of gatsby, setting of rain, symbols of green light and throwing shirts
Chapter 6: characterisation of gatsby, narrative voice, minor characters Sloan, and tom
Chapter 7: setting of weather, heat, characterisation of Daisy, key event/ climax of myrtles death
Chapter 8, weather, autumn, characterisation of gatsby, narrative voice
Chapter 9, characterisation of tom, setting of gatsbys mansion, motif of dust and pearl necklace.
For each chapter pin the story down so mention key events of the chapter and how it links to others - our teacher said to do a whole paragraph on this as aqa like this xxx
Reply 5
Has anybody done rime of the ancient mariner and got any ideas of what I could put for part 7 on how does Coleridge tell the story thank you!
Reply 6
Original post by benjenstark
I do Gatsby, The Road, Auden, and Browning.

Agreed with rb, chapter 6 seems reasonable.

As for section B, I don't think openings have been asked yet, so there's a possibility; titles could also come up.

If anyone else here does Auden, what do you think about 'As I Walked Out One Evening' coming up, or 'Musee de Beaux Arts'?

Openings was last years section B - endings have never came up before.
I do Auden, I'd really love 'As I walked out one evening' but not Musee. We noticed James Honeyman hasn't been asked yet too.
Original post by JessL16
Openings was last years section B - endings have never came up before.
I do Auden, I'd really love 'As I walked out one evening' but not Musee. We noticed James Honeyman hasn't been asked yet too.

Ah, apologies, for some reason I thought it was the other way around. I'd personally love for endings to come up!

I'm crossing my fingers for either, really. James Honeyman I wouldn't mind, but I feel like I could write a lot more about the other two.
Reply 8
I'd love endings to come up! I did a mock essay for it and it was a really good one to write!

James Honeyman wouldn't be awful, but the other two have more elements that link and their essays are generally nicer.
Reply 9
Original post by JessL16
I'd love endings to come up! I did a mock essay for it and it was a really good one to write!

James Honeyman wouldn't be awful, but the other two have more elements that link and their essays are generally nicer.

I would like setting to come up for section B there is a lot you can talk about for setting
Reply 10
I would like setting to come up for section B there is a lot you can talk about for setting

I wouldn't want endings to come up as we haven't focused on that like at all! Setting would be a really good one to focus on
Reply 11

Setting would be really good too!
Reply 12
Original post by Hollie2338
I wouldn't want endings to come up as we haven't focused on that like at all! Setting would be a really good one to focus on

The only text we have in common is Gatsby, but that's great for endings - you can bring in how it's a mixed ending, representing the society, but gives readers hope and criticises the American Dream
Reply 13
I only have Gatsby that's the same as you, but I think it'll be another character based question - maybe focused on Daisy, maybe a generalised question about the women of the novel.

As for chapter, I'm guessing Chapter 1 or Chapter 8.
AQA English Lit is unpredictable! Don't waste your energy attempting to guess what will come up! just revise all you can and hopefully you'll do well.
i'm doing Gatsby, Auden, Frost and The Kite Runner... my teacher has been making us focus on Musee des Beaux Arts and As I Walked Out for Auden xox
Reply 16
Original post by Hollie2338
Has anybody done rime of the ancient mariner and got any ideas of what I could put for part 7 on how does Coleridge tell the story thank you!

the ship sinks 'like lead' which mirrors the albatross as though it is a heavy burden that has been freed from the Mariner.The Mariner has to repeat his tale to the Hermit and the Mariner has to repeat his tale until the woeful agony leaves him. The Hermit is described as a 'rotted old oak stump' contrasting with the Mariner who is described as a 'devil.' Sets up the idea that the Mariner wants to be forgiven by God. Exiting the framed narrative to go back to the Mariner and the Guest. The final two stanzas go back to the third person narration to provide a conclusive end. The guest rises a sadder and wiser man and his new beginning is reflected by the backdrop of a wedding which reinforces the new beginnings idea. etc etc
Anyone got any ideas for the Frost Section A questions?!
Reply 18
Original post by nc96
the ship sinks 'like lead' which mirrors the albatross as though it is a heavy burden that has been freed from the Mariner.The Mariner has to repeat his tale to the Hermit and the Mariner has to repeat his tale until the woeful agony leaves him. The Hermit is described as a 'rotted old oak stump' contrasting with the Mariner who is described as a 'devil.' Sets up the idea that the Mariner wants to be forgiven by God. Exiting the framed narrative to go back to the Mariner and the Guest. The final two stanzas go back to the third person narration to provide a conclusive end. The guest rises a sadder and wiser man and his new beginning is reflected by the backdrop of a wedding which reinforces the new beginnings idea. etc etc

Thank you this was incredibly helpful!!!
Reply 19
Closing sentences haven't come up for Part B I don't think; repetition of ideas is also a possibility.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending