The Student Room Group

IGCSE EDEXCEL BIOLOGY PAPER 1 12TTH MAY...are you ready?!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by ChloexCharlotte
Ok cool :smile: I wrote about not letting water evaporate and the fact that it's transparent :smile:

same, i wrote that it transparent which allows maximum light to enter the palisade layer which contains most of the chloroplast
Reply 101
I put it wouldn't have any guard cells or stomata, there would just be regular plant cells with the nuclei... There were 20 stomata right?

yeah its 20, i said it would have a waxy cuticle which reduces water loss
Reply 102
what did everyone write about the human reproduction question with the 3 labels??
Reply 103
Original post by mh99
mine was similar to this, the female was shaded and the male left bland and i indicated it in the corner, is that correct?
bb.PNG

i did the exact same bar graph!! i hope its right! because i was still able to explain what was happening!
Reply 104
the male?
Original post by l.coxx
what did everyone write about the human reproduction question with the 3 labels??
Original post by l.coxx

I put urethra testes and sperm duct
what did everyone put for the question on the system that wasn't shown on the rat?
Original post by mirahan
i did the exact same bar graph!! i hope its right! because i was still able to explain what was happening!

I did this too except labelled the male and female bars at the bottom... I swear the bar graph took up most of my time :')
Original post by georgieflora
what did everyone put for the question on the system that wasn't shown on the rat?

I put immunity system (what an idiot :') I knkw it should be immune system but my mind went blank aha. And then everyone said reproductive system but I geniunely completely forgot about that... Maybe I'll get a mark for immunity system...? :')
Original post by Zahra kosser
How do you obtain the dry mass of the potato...i wrote out it an oven and then measure on measuring scales but idk

I said that you could put it in a sucrose solution cos i thought if it was in a warm place it could react or decompose cos it was fresh? Maybe not, but i was just remembering the osmosis experiments
Reply 110
I did this too except labelled the male and female bars at the bottom... I swear the bar graph took up most of my time :':wink:

i put years in the bottom,is that correct?
I put immunity system (what an idiot :':wink: I knkw it should be immune system but my mind went blank aha. And then everyone said reproductive system but I geniunely completely forgot about that... Maybe I'll get a mark for immunity system...? :':wink:

My friends put reproductive but i put endocrine but the pancreas was on it so is that wrong?
Original post by mh99
i put years in the bottom,is that correct?

I put the years on the bottom too
Reply 113
I put urethra testes and sperm duct

darnnn i put urethra, testes and vas deferens
Reply 114
I can't believe it...
I drew a line graph/frequency polygon sort of thing when it said in the question draw a bar chart...

SIX MARKS.

THAT'S 5%...

Someone please please help me...
Reply 115

i wrote the nervous system :')
What did people put for the stomach and why the growth hormone couldn't survive there
Reply 117
Original post by Stormforge
What did people put for the stomach and why the growth hormone couldn't survive there

it was something about hydrochloric acid but i ddnt write that..
(edited 8 years ago)
I actually enjoyed this paper I thought it was quite easy so I'm happy! Wasn't sure about what fungus store carbohydrates as though, I put chitin but I'm sure it's wrong haha!
My friends put reproductive but i put endocrine but the pancreas was on it so is that wrong?

Honestly I have no idea... I think reproductive was the most obvious one but we might get a mark for 'any other systems' in the side box maybe...? And even so it was only one mark I guess :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending