The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by Tow
Thing is, is you look at some of the past papers, one of the questions for WW1 was ridiculously hard like my teacher struggled to figure the sources it out and pretty much everyone misinterpreted it. I only got 1 source right but confused the other 2. I think it was the 2012 paper but don't quote me on it! I can't remember quite when it was. The WW1 is more likely to be harder because it's so straightforward in general xD most of the sources are generally hard for this question!

I suppose they are - then again last year's sources were pretty straightforward for Part B WW1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 641
Original post by farawayfromnowhere
Yeah, I'd love a question like that! I've done both controversies and am more inclined towards the Nazi's but I don't mind WW1 either lol.

Yeah I tend to change my mind based on the sources and how much I can go for or against them. If I feel confident enough to plan it all out and give evidence while using the sources, I'll just do the question. That said, I will be going in with an argument already thought up, just depends on the question if I'll actually use it! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good point.

I don't have the luxury of choosing which I'll do in terms of part B, which is a good thing I think as I tend to find it difficult to choose otherwise - spent a god 5 minutes debating which question to do on my source exam last year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I suppose they are - then again last year's sources were pretty straightforward for Part B WW1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The fact that they were straightforward would, if anything, mean this year's won't be :frown:

Who knows
Reply 643
Original post by Tow
The fact that they were straightforward would, if anything, mean this year's won't be :frown:

Who knows

Hmm. The sources were straightforward but the question itself was rather different. Schlieffen plan hadn't really been mentioned prior to 2014. It was a change from German aggression theories at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Hmm. The sources were straightforward but the question itself was rather different. Schlieffen plan hadn't really been mentioned prior to 2014. It was a change from German aggression theories at least.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed. Although that wasn't that hard either. It was obvious what they were asking for as long as you read the question properly xD
I just got my coursework mark back, I got 31/50 which is just a C.... I'm hoping to come out with a B in A level history, Is there still any chance of that happening, btw I got 130 ums last year for my AS
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Husuma24
I just got my coursework mark back, I got 31/50 which is just a C.... I'm hoping to come out with a B in A level history, Is there still any chance of that happening, btw I got 130 ums last year for my AS

Well you need 87% in the exam to get a B with your UMS scores... that's 61/70 marks which is pretty high. Make sure you revise hard then!
Original post by Tow
Well you need 87% in the exam to get a B with your UMS scores... that's 61/70 marks which is pretty high. Make sure you revise hard then!

Hmm that hasn't made me feel any better, I'm really annoyed at myself more than anything. Thanks for your help anyway, any predictions on what might come up?
Original post by Husuma24
Hmm that hasn't made me feel any better, I'm really annoyed at myself more than anything. Thanks for your help anyway, any predictions on what might come up?

It's definitely possible. Don't give up.

You'll have to work harder though! And predictions - we have already discussed that, scroll up or go back a few pages and we had a discussion about it :smile:
Reply 649
Original post by Tow
Indeed. Although that wasn't that hard either. It was obvious what they were asking for as long as you read the question properly xD

Well yeah, I'm just saying that it was comparatively harder to previous years where the question was simply "German aggression was primarily responsible."

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Well yeah, I'm just saying that it was comparatively harder to previous years where the question was simply "German aggression was primarily responsible."

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, questions wise it was xD I can't remember the sources so I'm not sure if they were difficult or not but yeah
Reply 651
Original post by Tow
Yeah, questions wise it was xD I can't remember the sources so I'm not sure if they were difficult or not but yeah

The sources weren't too bad but a lot of people in my class misinterpreted the third source about France and Russia to mean "alliances in general", not just those two countries' role.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no idea if this has already been discussed as I haven't read up very far but I'm re-sitting this exam privately so I have no teacher to make any suggestions/guessing what the possible questions might be about... :frown:

So without sounding too cheeky has anyone had this discussion with their teachers about 'predicting' any topics likely to come up in the exam?

Thanks guys, hope revision is going well!
Original post by elsbels95
I have no idea if this has already been discussed as I haven't read up very far but I'm re-sitting this exam privately so I have no teacher to make any suggestions/guessing what the possible questions might be about... :frown:

So without sounding too cheeky has anyone had this discussion with their teachers about 'predicting' any topics likely to come up in the exam?

This has been discussed previously. Please scroll back a few pages. It wasn't even that far back.
Reply 654
Original post by elsbels95

Personally I think Nazi Consolidation of power in 1933 (a popular consensus too), and maybe the German revolution of 1918-19?

How about you? How do you revise?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tow
This has been discussed previously. Please scroll back a few pages. It wasn't even that far back.

Ok cheers
Reply 656
hey everyone, there are a load of (about 100) really good detailed mindmaps, notes, falshcards and timelines on Edexcel A2 History Germany 1900-45 on the student room (for free) here. hope that helps - good luck everyone!
Reply 657
Original post by (Tom)
hey everyone, there are a load of (about 100) really good detailed mindmaps, notes, falshcards and timelines on Edexcel A2 History Germany 1900-45 on the student room (for free) here. hope that helps - good luck everyone!

Plus Im more than willing to share my notes from A2 if anyone wants them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 658
Original post by (Tom)

Thanks for that! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 659
Original post by diggy
Plus Im more than willing to share my notes from A2 if anyone wants them

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's great! Thank you - Would you mind posting them to the thread? Much appreciated.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending