The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How many marks would you lose for getting the gradient wrong on 6b?
Thank you this is really helpful. I reckon I got 47/75 which is disappointing but hey...
do you think that would be a C??
If I get a C in this can I still get an A? I was extremely anxious so I made SO many silly mistakes. :frown: I find C2 and S1 easier anyway.
Original post by ASLEVELSHELPME
Thank you this is really helpful. I reckon I got 47/75 which is disappointing but hey...
do you think that would be a C??

C will probably be 49, I'm in the same position, didn't perform as well as I could have

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 224
Got 69/75 minimum. Strong A
Original post by LearningGeek
lol, im predicted A's in all my A-levels, I ****ed this paper up pretty badly

ive deducted any possible method marks or part mark for questions
and I find C2 much easier and normally ace stats sooo...

Depending on grade boundaries.

Lets say 52 = 63ums

If you get 70/75 on C2 then you'll probably get around 90 UMS depending on the paper

then you'll need 90 UMS on S1 aswell which will be about 70/75 again

that'll get you just into an A
Original post by Kiranjott
For the question about the salary received over 20 years? I substituted 20 into n/2 (2a + (n - 1) d) and got an answer. How many marks will I gain out of 5?

I don't think you'll get more than 1 or 2, sorry. :frown: I did that originally and then crossed it out. Unfortunately I still got the wrong answer cause I accidentally stuck 2a into n/2 (a + l).
Reply 227
Would 62 be a low A :frown: Think i wanna cryyyyyy
Original post by GoldGhost
C will probably be 49, I'm in the same position, didn't perform as well as I could have

Posted from TSR Mobile

I might just have to retake next year
we still have C2 and S1 to smash don't worry
as long I scrap a C at the end of this I'd well happy 😊
Original post by drowzee
If I get a C in this can I still get an A? I was extremely anxious so I made SO many silly mistakes. :frown: I find C2 and S1 easier anyway.

Depends how high your C is, that is if it's a C. It's possible to get an A overall but you'll need to do very well on C2 and S1.
Original post by Ginger_Gymnast92
No, did you do the same thing? I'm going to ask my maths teacher when I next see her :redface:

Yeah :frown: don't forget to tell me :h:
Original post by eyeman567
Depending on grade boundaries.

Lets say 52 = 63ums

If you get 70/75 on C2 then you'll probably get around 90 UMS depending on the paper

then you'll need 90 UMS on S1 aswell which will be about 70/75 again

that'll get you just into an A

thankyouuu, you don't understand how relieved I am
im going to work my arse off to get 75/75
Original post by phagocyte1998
The general consensus seems to be that it was quite a hard paper, so 61 might just be an A - I think the worst it can be is 78ish ums so a high B. Of course an overall A is still possible, but you'll need to do slightly better on your other units. :smile:

Oh okay thanks very much!!!

Oh dear realized some other fatal mistakes...

For question four...0 opted to using Sn= n/2 (a+L) does that still work???

And also on question 7 i managed to do it all up to the factoring of the quadratic at which point i panicked cause time was nearly up and factorized wrong to get just 2x= 1 so x = 0 would i loose all marks for that question? :frown:

And lastly sorry but question 10...i managed to get the gradient for the tangent being -1/2 but had no time to finish it off...would i get one mark? Or would i have needed to give 2 = m for the normal's gradient?

THANKS SO MUCH!
Original post by phagocyte1998
Depends how high your C is, that is if it's a C. It's possible to get an A overall but you'll need to do very well on C2 and S1.

Argh I'm such an idiot. Looking back at the solutions, it really was not that hard. I just panicked. :frown: I might have to re-take this next year, oh well.
72/73 out of 75 I reckon, need 90 UMS minimum, hopefully grade boundaries will be low!!
for 5b I wrote 3 + or - root 8 instead of 2root2

How many marks do you think I will lose?
On 6 I worked out Y wrong coz I did (-1*-3) instead of (-1-3) so the rest of my working was fine but had the wrong values so I got +8 instead of +27, how many marks do you reckon I'd have lost?
would 48/75 be a D?
Original post by LearningGeek
would 48/75 be a D?

I'd imagine that should almost definitely be a C. It's 64% and the general consensus is that the grade boundaries this year will probably be slightly lower
Original post by Zaid-247
How many marks would i lose if i just drew the graph the other way round (as positive) but i sitll got -3/2 and 3/2 as the x co ordinates?

The shape is normall 1 mark, 1 mark normally for touching or x-intercepts, and 1 mark normally for quadrants. Expect to lose 1 mark

Latest

Trending

Trending