The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by superwolf
They're still trying, but the GP surgery have run out of tests they can do on me, so I don't know what'll happen next. And I don't know at what point I should start seriously worrying about my mental health. Things are not going well.

Have they done full blood work? Should give them an idea if it's infection?

Finally starting to get some work done then my mother calls and manages to make me irritated in less than five minutes. But work to do and some of is sticking so hopefully next week will be good. This is where the small amount of work I did over Easter comes in useful since my notes cover the contact in 1/4 of the pages the lecture hand out does.
PM replies aren't happening atm sorry, too much effort trying to make them sound coherent and I need to work.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by superwolf
They're still trying, but the GP surgery have run out of tests they can do on me, so I don't know what'll happen next. And I don't know at what point I should start seriously worrying about my mental health. Things are not going well.

I know I'm not a doctor or anything, but have the thought about ME/CFS (forget what they call it nowadays)... I know someone who has it and they said they can't do a test for it, its just symptom based diagnosed... It's the same way they diagnosed my wrist issues, they just saw what i came with and said about RSI and yeah... No tests or that i think.. :/
Original post by bullettheory
Hope you start to feel better soon wolfie! :hugs:

I'm doing fine thanks. You wouldn't trigger me so if you do wanna chat you're more than welcome to pm me or poke me on Skype

Good! Thank you, calmed down a little bit so just trying too distract myself as much as I can really :redface:
I'm really really not coping. :cry2:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7

Stay strong sweetie!! :h: Have some Dukey hugs :hugs:

:lovehug: :lovehug:
Original post by sherbet_lemons7

Lots of Panda cuddles :jumphug: :hugs: :lovehug: :loveduck:

Posted from TSR Mobile
agitation is UNREAL. tomorrow is going to be an epic fail
I'm so ****ing pissed off at my coworker and her little middle aged pals on Facebook being blatantly racist and trying to justify it by saying its tradition and it was fine when they were younger. It's just so bloody ignorant! I pointed it out and they're acting like they know better than me just because they're older. I hate the previous generation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
I'm so ****ing pissed off at my coworker and her little middle aged pals on Facebook being blatantly racist and trying to justify it by saying its tradition and it was fine when they were younger. It's just so bloody ignorant! I pointed it out and they're acting like they know better than me just because they're older. I hate the previous generation!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you put them in the ignore list or do you need to see updates from them for work? I've deleted most of my cousin's from Facebook because I'm not going to spend my time explaining racism to them. Tradition and things being fine when they were younger isn't a reason for something to continue you're completely right.
Original post by Valvopus
Can you put them in the ignore list or do you need to see updates from them for work? I've deleted most of my cousin's from Facebook because I'm not going to spend my time explaining racism to them. Tradition and things being fine when they were younger isn't a reason for something to continue you're completely right.

I should just put her on ignore but I don't want it to seem like I'm backing down from the argument :colondollar: omg I think the internet horoscope trend is getting to me, I literally just though 'I'm such a Scorpio because I always want to fight' :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
I should just put her on ignore but I don't want it to seem like I'm backing down from the argument :colondollar: omg I think the internet horoscope trend is getting to me, I literally just though 'I'm such a Scorpio because I always want to fight' :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Engaging someone who isn't willing to change their point of view in an argument is a waste of your time. You know you are right, staying and tiring yourself out trying to explain that society has moved on is not worth the time if you don't need. To spend much time with this person. Especially if their friends have become involved. Refusing to engage is not a loss, it's realising that it isn't your job to stop her being racist. You have told her and explained it. If she refuses to listen then it's very definitely her problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Valvopus
Engaging someone who isn't willing to change their point of view in an argument is a waste of your time. You know you are right, staying and tiring yourself out trying to explain that society has moved on is not worth the time if you don't need. To spend much time with this person. Especially if their friends have become involved. Refusing to engage is not a loss, it's realising that it isn't your job to stop her being racist. You have told her and explained it. If she refuses to listen then it's very definitely her problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you're right :yep: plus I think I've said all I can, anything else would just be repeating myself

conversation is in the spoilers

Spoiler

ahh I really need to get to sleep, I've got a doctors appointment in the morning :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bullettheory
:console: Sorry to hear about therapy. Thinking of you and I hope things improve soon

Original post by Anonymous #2

Massive squishes for TLG and furry too :console:

Thanks, both :grouphugs:

Losing track of what number night in a row this is, that I've slept at a stupid hour :emo:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Thanks, both :grouphugs:

Losing track of what number night in a row this is, that I've slept at a stupid hour :emo:

Same here :sadnod:
Original post by ScaryScience
Same here :sadnod:

Really sorry to see you're still up, lovely :frown: It's a bit of a nightmare, isn't it, trying to get sleeping patterns back to normal/trying to get the brain to wind down? :emo:

Btw, really proud of how you've kept going. I hope this doesn't sound patronising - it's not meant to be! But a lot of people in your shoes would have given up on trying to get their degree. You're doing great, hun :lovehug:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Really sorry to see you're still up, lovely :frown: It's a bit of a nightmare, isn't it, trying to get sleeping patterns back to normal/trying to get the brain to wind down? :emo:

Btw, really proud of how you've kept going. I hope this doesn't sound patronising - it's not meant to be! But a lot of people in your shoes would have given up on trying to get their degree. You're doing great, hun :lovehug:

Absolutely, my brain has been buzzing recently, especially at night, so is difficult :sadnod: Are you okay? :hugs:

And thanks hun, that's kind. Feel like I am somewhat drowning/not coping but I don't really know. Think I will feel better once this horrible presentation is done really. Fingers crossed, anyway :sigh:
Why am i most awake when i should be asleep.
Upped to 20mg citalopram

Managed to talk about that, and ask about letter, but he seemed to sort of want to get me out/move on to his next appointment I guess, so couldn't ask about the indigestion :/

He said to pop by this afternoon to pick up the letter though, so that's good.

Scored higher on phq-9 test and confused/think maybe I just put higher on a couple of them because I wasn't sure. Oh well. Doesn't really matter. Also I think last time I hadn't noticed one symptom/concentration as much, maybe. Because I'd just been avoiding anything needing concentration.

Anyway.....

Oh and also by duck pond now, and managed to fix bag! Some screw thing on the clasp was stopping it from working. Pleased :colondollar:
Still feels like a ridiculous time to be up though :tongue: Group is at 9:30 though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meaty_man
Why am i most awake when i should be asleep.

Hope you managed/manage to get sleep :hugs:
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purple-duck
Hope you managed/manage to get sleep :hugs:
Posted from TSR Mobile

Just a few hours but don't feel too bad at the moment, can also afford to sleep early afternoon if needs be :tongue: Good to hear you fixed your bag :smile:

I've had that with a few doctors...it sucks. Do try and book another appointment soon if you can, maybe with a different Gp too? I have had indigestion due to meds a few times before, the best advice i can give is to try and have a balanced, regular diet, and take the citalopram with meals. Some meds have affected my digestion more than others, citalopram and sertraline i didn't get on well with, but fluoxotine i can seem to manage. Each to their own and all that :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest