The Student Room Group

How Honest Are You?

On a scale of 1-10, how honest would you say you are when it comes to situations?

How about little things like your friend's new haircut, or major things such as your feelings towards someone? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

9:smile:
Generally probably 8/9

In regards to expressing my feeling for someone. 0
Reply 3
Original post by cake_lover
Generally probably 8/9

In regards to expressing my feeling for someone. 0

Don't you think you owe it to the other person out of respect to be honest with them about your feelings for example?
Original post by Novascope
Don't you think you owe it to the other person out of respect to be honest with them about your feelings for example?

I guess I'm always scared of creeping them out or making things awkward/losing a friend. (Unless of course it was SUPER obvious the feeling is mutual).
Reply 6
Original post by somemightsay888

4?! I'm disappointed in you. I bet our conversations were built on lies :frown:
Reply 7
Original post by cake_lover
I guess I'm always scared of creeping them out or making things awkward/losing a friend. (Unless of course it was SUPER obvious the feeling is mutual).

Oh in that case I completely understand, I wouldn't say that's being dishonest, just super shy and reasonable aha. Saying you feel a certain way when you know you don't for example is what's wrong.
4?! I'm disappointed in you. I bet our conversations were built on lies :frown:

:cry2: Actually, that was more information I gave you than I normally would :eek: But yeah, most was lies :smug:
Reply 9
Original post by somemightsay888
:cry2: Actually, that was more information I gave you than I normally would :eek: But yeah, most was lies :smug:

Ugh I feel betrayed :colone:

Be gone!
4 with strangers - I'm blunt and I'll tell them what I think if they inquire too hard. However I'll mostly intentionally change my diction, body language and so on to make them enjoy my presence more than they otherwise would and I will make sure I don't say things which could make them lose trust in me, respect or attractiveness.

9 with friends - I'm very very honest, much to my loss at times.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
Yeah same here, but when it comes to someone's appearance I like to be very honest if they ask for my opinion. Like it makes me sad when I see a girl with awful eyebrows and none of her friends have the decency to tell her to fix them...
Reply 12
Original post by TorpidPhil
4 with strangers - I'm blunt and I'll tell them what I think if they inquire too hard. However I'll mostly intentionally change my diction, body language and so on to make them enjoy my presence more than they otherwise would and I will make sure I don't say things which could make them lose trust in me, respect or attractiveness.

9 with friends - I'm very very honest, much to my loss at times.

I agree with your last point. Sometimes I feel like being too honest in certain situations is like a curse lol
I am aware that I am the crappiest liar out there so I just stick with the truth :rofl:
Feelings wise I deviate from telling the truth, but I don't lie
6inches
3. I'm only honest when I think it's appropriate or when I think a person can handle it. Not many people can.
Reply 16
Original post by Bill_Gates
6inches

Best answer.
Reply 17
Original post by LaMandarine
I am aware that I am the crappiest liar out there so I just stick with the truth :rofl:
Feelings wise I deviate from telling the truth, but I don't lie

I genuinely suck a telling lies as well lmao. I totally get trying to almost avoid being honest, but not straight up lying lol
Ugh I feel betrayed :colone:

Be gone!

But...but...

:rofl:
Around 8.

I always try my utmost to be honest with people, and I hate lying, even about little things. But perhaps sometimes I don't volunteer information easily, and I'll often keep an opinion to myself if I see it having no constructive purpose in a conversation.

Quick Reply

Latest