The Student Room Group

Interview tips

Hi, I’ve applied for child nursing at KCL, Greenwich, City, Southampton and Middlesex. Does anyone have any useful tips for interviews? Or any previous experience with them??
Reply 1
KCL and Roehampton interviewed me for Adult Nursing, and I was offered a place to study by both.
The interview format and questions are very similar. No one expects applicants to know much, let's be honest. What they want to make sure is that you understand that it is a demanding job physically, mentally and emotionally, that you show that you know how to deal with stress and that you can control yourself in unpleasant situations. Of course, you need to know what compassion and empathy are and give examples.
Then they want to know who you are, your interests and why you want to become a nurse.
My only tips are to remember to smile and address the interviewer politely and with their preferred name (after asking them how they prefer to be addressed). If you don't know the answer to a question, be honest and say that you don't know instead of making things up. They won't expect you to know everything.

You will be fine.
BW
Reply 2
Thank you so much!! This is so helpful!
Reply 3
Original post by ineedhelp.8
Hi, I’ve applied for child nursing at KCL, Greenwich, City, Southampton and Middlesex. Does anyone have any useful tips for interviews? Or any previous experience with them??
our choices are literally the same except instead of southampton i chose brunel 😭
Reply 4
Original post by dprlive_
our choices are literally the same except instead of southampton i chose brunel *
omggg no way!!!! hopefully we’ll meet each other there!!
Reply 5
Original post by ineedhelp.8
I haven't applied to any of yours but most typically ask you about motivation, skills (that you have/think are needed), issues facing nurses that kind of thing. Just be honest, and you can elaborate as much as you want. Id recommend asking them, depending on the format of the interview, if there's anything else they'd like to know, eg about work experience or relevant jobs that you've done.
Hope this helps
Good luck :smile:)
Reply 6
i have an interview with middlesex on the 26th march so i’ll let you know what kind of questions come up :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending