The Student Room Group

RAF SHINE Filter Interview

Hi Guys,

I've just completed my SHINE Interview. I'm unsure as to how I did though. Although I feel confident with the answers I gave, I took 1hr 40mins to answer them. How much would you think this would hinder me in progressing through my application. Please be honest.

Thank you 👍
Reply 1
The time you have taken to complete your SHINE interview has no influence on the outcome of your interview, hence why you're given 7 days to complete it
Reply 2
Original post by kingcutt
The time you have taken to complete your SHINE interview has no influence on the outcome of your interview, hence why you're given 7 days to complete it

Hi mate,

Thank you for your response. Does that include the time to answer the questions once you have started the interview? I'm aware of the 7 day time frame, but thought time management in the interview would be considered by the selection panel.

Thank you 👍
Reply 3
Hi Brad,

Sorry for the delayed reply.

I'm not 100% sure, to be honest. However, I have not heard of this being the case and I would be surprised if total time taken was being taken into consideration as the reasons for this could be anything. I know that's not the most reassuring answer, but I wouldn't worry. I'm sure you will know soon enough and have done great

Best of luck!
Original post by BradLK08
Hi Guys,

I've just completed my SHINE Interview. I'm unsure as to how I did though. Although I feel confident with the answers I gave, I took 1hr 40mins to answer them. How much would you think this would hinder me in progressing through my application. Please be honest.

Thank you 👍

Morning,

I wouldn't worry too much about how long you took to complete. I think I took around the same amount of time - not certain, but I passed. Not sure sure they consider the time taken, but more on the responses / presentation within it.

Have you heard back yet?

if not, good luck - and i'm sure you'll hear soon enough.

Quick Reply

Latest