The Student Room Group

telling parents about dropping out of uni

I want to drop out of uni sometime this week, but how do I explain to my parents?
Original post by Anonymous
I want to drop out of uni sometime this week, but how do I explain to my parents?

You need to speak to your personal tutor too- what year are you in?
Reply 2
Just be honest about the reasons why, and about your immediate plans.

My Ma & Da were fine about it but my Da said to me 'ok son but you aren't sitting on your arse doing nothing'. So I just got a job.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
You need to speak to your personal tutor too- what year are you in?

Year 1. To be honest I want to move unis so basically applying through clearing.
Reply 4
Original post by gjd800
Just be honest about the reasons why, and about your immediate plans.

My Ma & Da were fine about it but my Da said to me 'ok son but you aren't sitting on your arse doing nothing'. So I just got a job.

I just want to move unis closer to home so hopefully they won't be too disappointed?
Reply 5
I just want to move unis closer to home so hopefully they won't be too disappointed?

If you explain this to them then hopefully it'll be fine.
Reply 6
Original post by gjd800
If you explain this to them then hopefully it'll be fine.

Thank you!
Year 1. To be honest I want to move unis so basically applying through clearing.

Ah okay, that shouldn’t be too difficult, and yeah agree with the other poster just explain to them and you should be all good 😊
Reply 8
Ah okay, that shouldn’t be too difficult, and yeah agree with the other poster just explain to them and you should be all good 😊

Thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending