The Student Room Group

Ghosted after 6 weeks of hanging out

I got ghosted by a guy who I’ve been seeing for over a month now. He’s never been good at texting but every time we hung out he was very affectionate and kind, loads of “Green flag” acts from him. But a few days ago he suddenly ghosted me out of nowhere and I’m just lost. He kept saying how fun I was and how he was also physically attracted to me so I’m just really confused at this point. I thought he would at least have the balls to tell me that he doesn’t want to see me anymore because he came across as someone respectful like that. Why do people do this?? I’m so sick of being led on by people that can’t even be honest.
Reply 1
would be better to know what you guys did when hanging out. Did you ever have sex or anything? I think this sounds like a case of dismissive avoidant attachment style. Look it up on youtube or google it. You are probably gonna need a lot of patience with this person, he may be confused over his own feelings or ability to commit which makes him withdraw and ghost you for a bit. Don't bombard him with messages right now. If he hasn't texted back in say 5 days or so you could ask a simple question like whether everything's okay, if you haven't already done so.
The honest answer is that people don’t know how the other person will react to bad news and want to avoid confronting them with it. It’s less hassle just to talk away.

Not cool, but that’s the way it is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending