The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD223
True and Wehler :smile: - what does Ferguson argue?

Posted from TSR Mobile

His was the encirclement of Germany

fear of invasion from Russia and France as they outnumbered Germany and Austria by 260,000 soldiers, by 1914 it was well above 1 million

German leaders were fearful of Russia's military

hope that helps x
Reply 701
Original post by Bunny2014
His was the encirclement of Germany

fear of invasion from Russia and France as they outnumbered Germany and Austria by 260,000 soldiers, by 1914 it was well above 1 million

German leaders were fearful of Russia's military

hope that helps x

I see. Is it "calculated risk", or "offensive war of defence"?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I see. Is it "calculated risk", or "offensive war of defence"?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have pogge strandmann for calcuated risk so I'm assuming the other one x
Reply 703
I have pogge strandmann for calcuated risk so I'm assuming the other one x

Oh I see! Do you remember specific historians for their arguments? I tend to just analyse the arguments in the sources.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Oh I see! Do you remember specific historians for their arguments? I tend to just analyse the arguments in the sources.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sort of do both, I'm so bad at the First World War part so I'm doing nazi popularity or efficiency x
Reply 705
I sort of do both, I'm so bad at the First World War part so I'm doing nazi popularity or efficiency x

Ah good luck - I'm stuck with WW1 -
I'll let you know how it goes haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks sweetie! You too! 😎 hope some others can help you with that as we briefly went over it in September 2014 😓😖
Reply 707
Thanks sweetie! You too! 😎 hope some others can help you with that as we briefly went over it in September 2014 😓😖

Yeah it seems like ages ago we went over it. Only 3 history lessons left for the rest of my life!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah it seems like ages ago we went over it. Only 3 history lessons left for the rest of my life!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it's been months since I did it ahah x
Reply 709
Yeah it's been months since I did it ahah x

Haha!

Can you think of ways in which the Nazi's were significant in the 1920s?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean you're stuck? Are you struggling with something in WW1 controversy? If so let us know!
Reply 711
Original post by Tow
What do you mean you're stuck? Are you struggling with something in WW1 controversy? If so let us know!

Ah sorry I just meant I'm stuck with that choice - I've got no alternative aha.

The WW1 controversy is okay I suppose. Could you summarise the difference between the first and second Balkans Wars briefly please?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Ah sorry I just meant I'm stuck with that choice - I've got no alternative aha.

The WW1 controversy is okay I suppose. Could you summarise the difference between the first and second Balkans Wars briefly please?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm out at the moment!! I don't have my notes so it would be a poor job! XD

When I get back home I'll summarise it on this post for you :biggrin:
Reply 713
Original post by Tow
I'm out at the moment!! I don't have my notes so it would be a poor job! XD

When I get back home I'll summarise it on this post for you :biggrin:

Ah if you could I'd appreciate it! I have work 1-5 so sorry if I don't get back to you straight away :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So firstly, I don't take the Edexcel spec (I'm OCR) but I wanted to ask if anyone knows what 'historical terminology' is? because I figure this would be a universal aspect of specifications across different exam boards. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Any ideas how to answer this: Systematic extermination emerged as the Final Solution to the Jewish Question as a result of the chaotic nature of the Nazi state”. To what extent do you agree?

Original post by CD223
Possibly the success of stresemann as foreign minister, but last year the "success of the democratic experiment" was a question so I don't know if failures of Weimar are as likely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our teacher said that in the specification it specifically says that foreign policy is not a topic in its own right, it won't come up as a question on its own.
Reply 717
Any ideas how to answer this: Systematic extermination emerged as the Final Solution to the Jewish Question as a result of the chaotic nature of the Nazi state”. To what extent do you agree?

Chaos is your stated factor so the emphasis would go on this factor, as usual. Other factors could include the impact of the war, cumulative radicalisation and the role of Hitler (ie antisemitism being a core part of Nazism to begin with).
Original post by cuppa
Chaos is your stated factor so the emphasis would go on this factor, as usual. Other factors could include the impact of the war, cumulative radicalisation and the role of Hitler (ie antisemitism being a core part of Nazism to begin with).

Thank you x

Hows revision going for you??
Reply 719
Thank you x

Hows revision going for you??

It could be going better! But at least I am feeling a bit more confident about part B now though lol

How about you??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending