The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by BigBadWoofWoof
The paper said that a 'HB pencil could be used to draw diagrams' but I just realized today the pencil I used was a 2B, which is noticeably darker and more likely to smudge... I'm kind of scared will I lose all the marks I would get for drawing diagrams? Cuz that would really suck...

You might get away with it, but it is fairly possible that you'd lose the marks
Lol I'd say there is absolutely no chance you would lose the marks.

Maybe tell your school exam office so they can let the exam board know?
Its noticeably darker, yet you did not notice.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
The paper said that a 'HB pencil could be used to draw diagrams' but I just realized today the pencil I used was a 2B, which is noticeably darker and more likely to smudge... I'm kind of scared will I lose all the marks I would get for drawing diagrams? Cuz that would really suck...

You're not going to lose marks just for using a 2B pencil! They only say this because HB pencil is easier to scan onto a computer.
Pretty sure it will still scan, if not they I would imagine have some way of getting round it as it's probably not too uncommon?
Original post by Andy98
You might get away with it, but it is fairly possible that you'd lose the marks

"2B or not 2B", then? Brilliant.
Sorry OP, it's standard procedure to subject exam scripts to rigorous forensic testing to make sure all rules were complied with :frown:
Since it is darker it will scan in and probably more easily, so as long as it doesn't smudge and ruin the diagram then it will be fine
This is probably one of the stupidest threads I've seen in a lifetime I'm sorry...

There's no problem here. Closed.

Latest