The Student Room Group

WJEC English Literature GCSE 18th and 22nd May.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by littleheron
Exactly what I thought. But I guess it could be associated with how its because of these "evil" human activities that nature is being ignored and in a away these activities are invading nature.

It's so misleading though, just hoping everyone else found it difficult!
Original post by georgiataylor
oh my god that's awful, did you manage to finish?

I finished literally 30 seconds before they asked us to close the booklets. But my handwriting probably looked like scirbbles because my hand was literally spasming everywhere. lool
Original post by Ruthie2267
I have no idea

There are only 3 past papers for AAB on the WJEC website from what I can see (for Higher that is), and they were:
May 2014 - which character you think changes the most and a question on the theme of family
May 2013 - an empathy question for Marcus and one on the theme of friendship
May 2012 - how Ellie is important to the novel and the changing relationship between Marcus and Fiona

So we could get a character question on Marcus, or Will, or Fiona (are there any other characters that could come up for this?). And then basically any theme that's not family or friendship.
My bet's something to do with Will, simply because there haven't been any questions involving him it seems. Although I thought Slim was going to come up for OMAM today and he didn't so XD

Have you looked at the winter papers also?
Yes! I didn't realise how awful my time management was! I would agree with you, but I'm doing literature at a level so more poems for me :frown:

Me too :s-smilie: I'm just praying I get a B or above, that's what I need for the sixth form I want to go to
Original post by 10studentlife
Have you looked at the winter papers also?

I think Ellie could come up as well for a character Q
Reply 485
I'm pretty sure my class are the only people in the country doing doing pride and prejudice :frown:

Nope! My school as well and I haven't even read the book :s-smilie:
Original post by franm1
yeah that is high tbf. Maybe the boundaries will be lower, i know a few in my year were thrown off by not having bullet points. My school emailed the board about it too. How do you think youve done?

Not having the bullet points sucked but to be honest I don't think there's much that your school can do by emailing them to be honest. It was included in the new spec and in the examiners report from Jan it said the bullet points were removed from higher. I think I did alright on of mice and men because I had a gut feeling that Candy would come up but I didn't like the extract or the poetry at all.
The grade boundries are damn high. How do you think you did?
Reply 487
Original post by TarotOfMagic
TBH!! First no book and now this lol
No one in my year wrote about prostitution it was only after lesson that we googled meanings of lilacs that we realised. Who tf actually has flower knowledge like that though

Wait do you mean knowing that lilacs are flowers?
Original post by franm1
are you on aqa for rs?

Yeah I am, I'm assuming you are too? I did unit 3 today (religion and morality) and I'm doing unit 4 after half term
Original post by ArcticNeighbour
I finished literally 30 seconds before they asked us to close the booklets. But my handwriting probably looked like scirbbles because my hand was literally spasming everywhere. lool

Lmao, well done though!
Reply 490
I'm pretty sure my class are the only people in the country doing doing pride and prejudice :frown:

nope, a quarter of our school are doing pride and prejudice. but none of them read the book and only watched the series(??) because there wasn't enough time due to their english teacher being sick

but i feel like only our class is doing a taste of honey ;_;
Original post by manningA15
Me too :s-smilie: I'm just praying I get a B or above, that's what I need for the sixth form I want to go to

Exact same here!
Lmao, well done though!

Haha thanks, just hoping it'll get me a good grade :O
Original post by haes
nope, a quarter of our school are doing pride and prejudice. but none of them read the book and only watched the series(??) because there wasn't enough time due to their english teacher being sick

but i feel like only our class is doing a taste of honey ;_;

That's awful! How are they going to pass?
grade boundries change each year on percentages, but normally stay the same unless the paper is seen as too hard or too easy
Original post by Ruthie2267
I barely wrote anything for the devices used, which is sure to bring my grade down :frown:
it's so easy to think of ideas after you're out of the exam >.<

Who else is doing An Inspector Calls/About A Boy on Friday?

same, I'm getting really worried reading everybody's ideas! I'm doing both on Friday too :smile:
Original post by Jess_1023
grade boundries change each year on percentages, but normally stay the same unless the paper is seen as too hard or too easy

This one was too hard, 20/50 for an A* please WJEC!
Reply 497
any guesses on the heroes or hobson's choice questions??
Original post by Marina-B
I literally wrote about the same thing, I thought the poems where talking about how technology/modern life has ruined our society thus we take things such as the beauty of nature for granted.

^^^^ exactly what i wrote! I was so worried I'd done it all wrong :s-smilie:
Reply 499
Hey I wrote about how the lilacs were flowers and the gave hope to the place or whatever because of the darkness.. i don't even know, is that right though (to say the lilacs are flowers)?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending