The Student Room Group

Riddle

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Marshall Taylor
There is a super rich family. Who has a mail man, a maid , a butler and a gardener. The wife is murdered on Sunday. Who killed the wife?

The Butler of course. Because it's always the butler... :P
This is my favourite riddle...

You are trapped in a room. A room with no doors, no windows, etc. In the middle of the room is a table, and on the wall is a mirror. How do you escape?
Original post by Sneferu
The Butler of course. Because it's always the butler... :P

The mail man...no post on Sundays :smile:
Original post by TheHonestMisty

You are trapped in a room. A room with no doors, no windows, etc. In the middle of the room is a table, and on the wall is a mirror. How do you escape?

climb out the air vent? there has to be a way oxygen comes in :wink:
Original post by Bustamove
climb out the air vent? there has to be a way oxygen comes in :wink:

haha nope

Walk through the door frame.

Sit and wait for death? Or hurry things along with help from broken mirror shards? :evil: It's an escape of sorts!

There has to be a way he got in.... the room only has 3 walls and the last wall is just a mirror? so take the table and smash the mirror?

Walk out the door frame?
Original post by Hagrid'sCookie
Walk out the door frame?

There has to be a way he got in.... the room only has 3 walls and the last wall is just a mirror? so take the table and smash the mirror?

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Sit and wait for death? Or hurry things along with help from broken mirror shards? :evil: It's an escape of sorts!

Original post by ElliottJame5
Walk through the door frame.

Nope :u:
Nope :u:

Climb up on the table and over the walls? (unless the room comes with a ceiling, you didn't specify) :hmmmm2:

Does it involve breaking either the mirror or the table?

You have a choice: you either look in the mirror and you see what you saw or alternatively you rub your hands together until they are sore. You next take the saw and you cut the table in half. Since two halves make a whole, you take advantage of this orifice and climb out of the hole.
Original post by Good bloke
You have a choice: you either look in the mirror and you see what you saw or alternatively you rub your hands together until they are sore. You next take the saw and you cut the table in half. Since two halves make a whole, you take advantage of this orifice and climb out of the hole.

I'm baffled....if this is the actual answer, then the person in this room must be on drugs...
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm baffled....

I thought you were Bustamove.

You look in the mirror you see what you saw, you take the saw and you cut the table in half, two halves make a whole, and you climb out the hole.
Original post by titch786
You look in the mirror you see what you saw, you take the saw and you cut the table in half, two halves make a whole, and you climb out the hole.

My apologies.
My apologies.

sorry haha just saw that you already posted the answer
Original post by titch786

Correct! :ahee:

Original post by boods8897
Does it involve breaking either the mirror or the table?

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Climb up on the table and over the walls? (unless the room comes with a ceiling, you didn't specify) :hmmmm2:

haha sorry I didn't specify :colondollar:
Reply 279
There is a man in a room who hung himself. Below the man there is water. There are no objects in the room that would have helped the man hang himself except a rope hanging from the ceiling. How did the man get to the rope to hang himself?

Quick Reply

Latest