The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry- helping each other out!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2640
hi does anyone know how to answer these two questions...
Induim has two peaks m/z-113 and m/z-115 and relative atomic mass of this sample is 114.5
calculate the ratio of the relative abundances of the two isotopes and the answer is 1:3 but I don't know how they got to the answer

and another completely different question is..
the relative formula mass is 138.2 of M2CO3
determine the relative atomic mass and deduce the identity of M and the answer is K and 39.1 but I don't know how they got to the answer
please help me btw this is an aqa as chemistry questions thanks in advance
Hi, anyone doing OCR Chemistry do we need to know about the models of the atom that changed overtime? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Shadowfire123
hi who here does edexcel for As chemistry>?

me
Also does anyone have access to the OCR F321 June 2014 mark scheme? I've got the paper but don't have the mark scheme and I've just realised they haven't been realised yet :frown:
Original post by hannah4262
Hi, anyone doing OCR Chemistry do we need to know about the models of the atom that changed overtime? Thanks :smile:

Salters?
Original post by Nidfeo
Salters?

No F321?
Original post by cilla_e
Thank you so much!! :smile:

just wondering, are you a genius?

Np :colondollar:
Original post by Rstlss
me

haha good hows revision going for you then
How do you work out how many structural isomers an organic compound has? Do you just have to draw it in as many ways as you can? A question asked how many structural isomers does the alkane C5H12 have.
Original post by Shadowfire123
haha good hows revision going for you then

Not too good, I'd really like an A, but tbh I'd be lucky with a B
I do edexcel too homies. They're making the papers really hard now

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the production of sulphuric acid sulphur dioxide is converted to sulphur trioxide byreaction with the oxygen in the air. What volume of air (assume 20% of the air is oxygen)would be needed to produce 150 cm3 of sulphur trioxide? Assume complete conversion ofsulphur dioxide to sulphur trioxide.
In the production of sulphuric acid sulphur dioxide is converted to sulphur trioxide by reaction with the oxygen in the air. What volume of air (assume 20% of the air is oxygen) would be needed to produce 150 cm3 of sulphur trioxide? Assume complete conversion of sulphur dioxide to sulphur trioxide.
Hi, anyone that does AQA, do you know if we should revise the atomic models? I've not seen any questions in the past years..
Someone show me how to do this please, thanks
(sorry about the bad pic)
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TeaAndTextbooks
Someone show me how to do this please, thanks
(sorry about the bad pic)
Posted from TSR Mobile

Draw a Hess cycle
Original post by C0balt
Draw a Hess cycle

Hey I don't ever draw hess's cycles nor do I know how to.. I just know what to take from what for combustion/formation.. Is that a problem?
Original post by samwillettsxxx
Hey I don't ever draw hess's cycles nor do I know how to.. I just know what to take from what for combustion/formation.. Is that a problem?

Potentially yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by samb1234
Potentially yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is there any chance anyone could explain.. I've tried to learn it from AQA book and I don't understand at all
Original post by C0balt
Draw a Hess cycle

The elements at the bottom how do you count them up and how do you know what to write?

Quick Reply

Latest