The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Spanish Unit 2 Tuesday 19th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smeggo
Don't worry, still makes sense.

Thanks, never feel confident with idioms:redface:
Original post by Smeggo
The woman talked about the speech being in a plaza, so that means it was outdoors and in open air.
C was talking about how traffic is a problem
D asked if they explained about the dates when the bike lanes would be built
H asked if the residents would be informed on how the bike lanes work

can you say ' quise poner mi granito de arena?' if not how would you say this?
Reply 82
@Smeggo For the writing do you think it's ok to talk about volunteering in summer school where children can learn to act, dance and sing even though I didn't completely relate it to Spain?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Smeggo
1. He felt confident, excited and 2 other things that I've forgotten about
2. They've waited a long time to have a Mexican Formula 1 driver and Formula 1 is starting to be a popular sport in Mexico.
3. Everyone called Sergio is called Chepo in Mexico
4. I think the question asked about his experience in the early stages of his career and the answer was that he went through difficult stages
5. Train hard every day.

Sorry, complete forgotten about what I wrote for that question!

I think you could have also had that he is the only F1 driver in his lifetime right?
Original post by BrianPeppers
Markscheme (my opinion):

Q3 - reading
figure referred to unemployment amongst 25 year olds
Struggled with this one - i put qualifications help you avoid the dole and avoid social exclusion
These courses are good for young people because they can earn a salary and they get a qualification
Some companies prefer a certain course because they don't have to pay the young people a salary
Over 25s won't benefit once economy improves
Scheme introduced because it was successful in Germany
Companies need to work together so they can reap the benefits of these training schemes

I think the part about it being successful in Germany is irrelevant, right? I think the question was what do businesses have to do and why?
Original post by jeevanr21
I think the part about it being successful in Germany is irrelevant, right? I think the question was what do businesses have to do and why?

They were two separate questions - one was about what businesses need to do and the other about where the idea for the scheme came from or something
Original post by uncommonsensing
They were two separate questions - one was about what businesses need to do and the other about where the idea for the scheme came from or something

What was the question about where it came from? I don't remember that at all.

The line below refers to that question, there was another question asking why Spain had decided to introduce these schemes
The line below refers to that question, there was another question asking why Spain had decided to introduce these schemes

Oh no I think I didn't see that one :s-smilie: so annoyed
hey what did you guys put for question 3 of the listening?

How was it phrased?
How was it phrased?

Can't quite remember the spanish, but the meaning was definitely what I said earlier. You probably answered it but forgot about it tbh. It would look pretty conspicuous having a whole question blank on your page
Can't quite remember the spanish, but the meaning was definitely what I said earlier. You probably answered it but forgot about it tbh. It would look pretty conspicuous having a whole question blank on your page

OK I remember why I got it wrong :s-smilie:
I thought it meant why as in what the reason was for its introduction
So I wrote to fight unemployment amongst young people
I don't think I can really blame myself since I understood the Spanish but misunderstood the English
What do we reckon the grade boundaries will be like for this exam? The jump from 2013 to 2014 was 56 to 59 (for an A grade), they have been on the rise for the past few years. I'm doing A2 but messed up my speakings, so need all the UMS I can out of this exam, which is piss easy considering the amount of UMS its worth
OK I remember why I got it wrong :s-smilie:
I thought it meant why as in what the reason was for its introduction
So I wrote to fight unemployment amongst young people
I don't think I can really blame myself since I understood the Spanish but misunderstood the English

With those big reading passages, the answers to the questions are found in order they appear in the text if you get what I mean. I can see why you could get confused with that question, but the information that applied to it was found in between the bits that applied to the previous and the next questions, which helps you isolate what you need
With those big reading passages, the answers to the questions are found in order they appear in the text if you get what I mean. I can see why you could get confused with that question, but the information that applied to it was found in between the bits that applied to the previous and the next questions, which helps you isolate what you need

I know, I did wonder why they asked it like that. But I think it was just the fact that the question wasn't very specific and I thought they might be trying to catch us out I guess.
What do we reckon the grade boundaries will be like for this exam? The jump from 2013 to 2014 was 56 to 59 (for an A grade), they have been on the rise for the past few years. I'm doing A2 but messed up my speakings, so need all the UMS I can out of this exam, which is piss easy considering the amount of UMS its worth

I reckon it will be around 57 or 58 seeing as it's the end of the specification and they put in some tough questions so they should take these into account
Original post by libby_swan97
I reckon it will be around 57 or 58 seeing as it's the end of the specification and they put in some tough questions so they should take these into account

what did you put for Q3 of the listening? I put facil for the second gap as she said she was sceptical at first but was dying to see what the other people were now like? thinking about it i probably did it wrong
Original post by Smeggo
No problem, glad I could help :smile:

hey for question 3 on the listening did you put facil or dificil? i chose facil because she said about dying to know what the people were like now even though she was sceptical... i think i put the wrong thing
Reply 99
Original post by libby_swan97
hey for question 3 on the listening did you put facil or dificil? i chose facil because she said about dying to know what the people were like now even though she was sceptical... i think i put the wrong thing

The answer was "dificil" - I nearly got caught out too, I changed it at last minute!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending