The Student Room Group

AQA Economics AS May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
For context 1 12 marker, would I get marks for showing a shift in SRAS curve to the left, and saying increase in interest rates increase cost of purchasing raw materials????
Original post by Einstein16
This is a poor unofficial mark scheme. I have the exam paper with me and some of those answers clearly aren't right, and I think its quite disgraceful you would allow people to go against that UOM , so let me just do mine....
1.D
2.A
3.C
4.D
5.C
6.B
7.B
8.D
9.D ( REPEATED QUESTION )
10.A
11.D
12.C
13.C ( REPEATED QUESTION )
14.D
15.C
16.A
17.A
18.C
19.A
20.B - ( HOWEVER ALOT OF PEOPLE PUT D SO IT MIGHT BE THAT)
21.B
22.B
23.B
24.D
25.D

20 is B! You're right
Will i get 0 marks for the 12 marker if I said how investment shifts LRAS to the right? My main argument was that investment increases productivity for human capital and capital in general which is a factor of production. Im so incredibly stupid that I didn't think about investment being a component of AD

This was for context 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGreatImposter
Will i get 0 marks for the 12 marker if I said how investment shifts LRAS to the right? My main argument was that investment increases productivity for human capital and capital in general which is a factor of production. Im so incredibly stupid that I didn't think about investment being a component of AD

This was for context 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the whole point of the question was about LRAS (I also put in short run for safe measure). Your reasoning is slightly off about the human capital, but you'll definitely not get 0.
Original post by Renzhi10122
I think the whole point of the question was about LRAS (I also put in short run for safe measure). Your reasoning is slightly off about the human capital, but you'll definitely not get 0.

Phew, yeah I wrote how the quality of goods are increased and a few other things, hopefully I can scrape more than half marks on that question :/
Phew, yeah I wrote how the quality of goods are increased and a few other things, hopefully I can scrape more than half marks on that question :/

GL on your next exam :smile:.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kadak
GL on your next exam :smile:.

Its over omg. Never have to do an Economics exam again in my life!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your dropping economics ?How did the exams go ?
Original post by Kadak
Your dropping economics ?How did the exams go ?

Ehh, they went okay. Yup dropping it, regardless of what I get in my other subjects, hated it. It I get an A im dropping it, if i get an E im dropping it lol. Wby?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

But A2 Econ is really fun! Did you prefer Unit1 or 2?
Original post by KnoVolt
But A2 Econ is really fun! Did you prefer Unit1 or 2?

What are the exams like?

Unit 2, macro is so much easier!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ehh, they went okay. Yup dropping it, regardless of what I get in my other subjects, hated it. It I get an A im dropping it, if i get an E im dropping it lol. Wby?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont do economics :h:.Physics unit 1 exam went bad,Im tempted to drop it,but Im probably going to just resit that paper next ear.
What are the exams like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The biggest change is 2x 25 markers, but you get more questions to choose from, so you can land an amazing question. The theory is awesome, if you prefer ECON2 over ECON1, you'll love A2.
Original post by Kadak
I dont do economics :h:.Physics unit 1 exam went bad,Im tempted to drop it,but Im probably going to just resit that paper next ear.

Don't worry about it, concentrate on your next one and if you do bad you can retake and do awesome, or I'm sure you'll get the grades first time around :smile:

Original post by KnoVolt
The biggest change is 2x 25 markers, but you get more questions to choose from, so you can land an amazing question. The theory is awesome, if you prefer ECON2 over ECON1, you'll love A2.

I start A2 after my exams for all my 4 subjects so I'll see how it goes. Depends on my grades tbh but I like my other subjects, especially next years course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't worry about it, concentrate on your next one and if you do bad you can retake and do awesome, or I'm sure you'll get the grades first time around :smile:

I start A2 after my exams for all my 4 subjects so I'll see how it goes. Depends on my grades tbh but I like my other subjects, especially next years course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too !A2 Chemistry and Biology looks so good !Do you feel ready for AS chemistry and biology ?
Original post by Kadak
Me too !A2 Chemistry and Biology looks so good !Do you feel ready for AS chemistry and biology ?

Lol nope. Did some revision beforehand so will need to cram in tmo, hopefully it'll be enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol nope. Did some revision beforehand so will need to cram in tmo, hopefully it'll be enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dont worry,you have plenty of time :smile:.Biology is at half 1.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kadak
Dont worry,you have plenty of time :smile:.Biology is at half 1.

Chem is the next day though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chem is the next day though :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your smart at chemistry! I remember you helped me with chemistry many times !Come on,I know you can do it :smile::wink:. You need to have self-belief !
Original post by Alextaylor6
For context 1 12 marker, i shifted AD to the left and my friends said they shifted AS? who would be right :frown: and also how did people evaluate for the 25 marker??

I shifted AD to the right, im pretty sure this would be okay as increased interest rates would result in an increase in the cost of borrowing, i said this would deter investment as it the repayment cost would be increased. this would subsequently reduce investment on construction due to becoming less attractive resulting in an overall decrease in construction output
I is a component of aggregate demand, so a decrease in I would shift AD to the left from AD to AD1 resulting in a reduction in output (y-y1) and a decrease in the general price level p-p1

for evaluation on the 25 marker
i wrote about time lags. such as by the time they build the new infrastructure may not be worth the benefits in the long run
i wrote about if the economy is in a recession may not be the best idea as would have to increase borrowing, increase government debt, may reduce future investment potentials
i wrote about the investment in infrastructure, may increase motivation as may reduce the time taken to get to work, leading to social benefits may increase productivity of Labour force
i wrote about the potential negative externalities e.g co2 emissions from the increase in infrastructure may not be sustainable due to scarce resources used may not be beneficial to the sustainability of natural resources

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending