The Student Room Group

Politics applicants 2016

Hello! A thread for anyone looking at politics at uni for 2016.
If AS levels go well, I'm hoping to do Gov&Pol, Economics, and English Lit.
What about anyone else? Where are people going for open days?
Hi there, looking to do Politics and International Relations😊 So far I'm attending a summer school at Durham and am going to open days at York, Exeter and possibly Bath.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by constantino_chr
Hi there, looking to do Politics and International Relations😊 So far I'm attending a summer school at Durham and am going to open days at York, Exeter and possibly Bath.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah cool, what grades are you hoping for?? I imagine those 3 are pretty high?
I was looking at Sheffield, Leeds, Hull and then UEA and kent.
I'm also hoping to go to a politics application event thing at UCL in July.
:flower2:
I'm applying from Croatia and have already firmed Essex. I've heard they're quite good at Humanities, Politics in particular. Anyone else going there?
Reply 4
Original post by Withengar
I'm applying from Croatia and have already firmed Essex. I've heard they're quite good at Humanities, Politics in particular. Anyone else going there?

wow! that's cool.
I've not looked at Essex, but I've also heard it's good for politics!
Original post by _moriartea
ah cool, what grades are you hoping for?? I imagine those 3 are pretty high?
I was looking at Sheffield, Leeds, Hull and then UEA and kent.
I'm also hoping to go to a politics application event thing at UCL in July.
:flower2:

True, Durham and Bath want AAA but York and Exeter are AAB.
So, why have you guys opted for Politics? Anyone thinking of getting their Doctorate?
Reply 7
I think AAA is a bit out of my reach! I'm looking more at ABB, but maybe AAB if things go well!

I'm pretty much going to uni because I have no clue what else I want to do with my life! I'm thinking of maybe going into the civil service for a role within parliament, or maybe as a researcher for MPs, and I'd also considered looking into roles within a particular party. :smile:
Original post by Withengar
So, why have you guys opted for Politics? Anyone thinking of getting their Doctorate?

The plan is to do Politics with another subject (either IR, Economics or History) and then apply for training contracts and then do the GDL.

If not I know popular routes for politics grads are research, marketing, finance, publishing and, of course, politics itself, all of which I could see myself pursuing.
I plan to do PPE/Politics or maybe a joint Politics and History course, not too sure on the specifics yet. The dream Unis are Oxford, LSE, Warwick and UCL, but Essex looks like a good back up option. I want to somehow be involved in the political process, so joining the civil service after doing my degree sounds good but who knows.

It would be nice to do a doctorate but I'll have to have a seriously well paid job before I can even think of that :/
I think AAA is a bit out of my reach! I'm looking more at ABB, but maybe AAB if things go well!

I'm pretty much going to uni because I have no clue what else I want to do with my life! I'm thinking of maybe going into the civil service for a role within parliament, or maybe as a researcher for MPs, and I'd also considered looking into roles within a particular party. :smile:

Hi I'm currently studying Politics and International Relations at Exeter Penryn Campus, the offers made here range from AAB to BBB so doesn't seem out of your reach. If you have any questions about the course, just ask :smile:
Reply 11
I apply for Politics (and IR) for some Scottish universities. I'm an international student and currently studying for my 'A-levels.' Do you guys have any advice for the PS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello! A thread for anyone looking at politics at uni for 2016.
If AS levels go well, I'm hoping to do Gov&Pol, Economics, and English Lit.
What about anyone else? Where are people going for open days?

Hello, thanks for starting this thread! :biggrin: I've only recently decided to do Politics so I'm still looking at unis! However these are the universities I am considering:
- Aberystwyth ~ International Politics and Intelligence Studies
- Swansea ~ Political Communication
- Keele ~ Politics and International Relations
- Cardiff ~ Politics and Sociology
- QUB ~ Politics
- Nottingham Trent ~ Politics and International Relations
- Oxford Brookes ~ International Relations and Politics
and others :biggrin: I know that the list is way more than 5 but I need to read through prospectuses or visit open days to narrow it down. It also depends on the grades I get cause if I get As then I might consider St. Andrews or Royal Holloway. Aberystwyth is my absolute fave though!
Reply 13
Original post by GemmaConlin
Hi I'm currently studying Politics and International Relations at Exeter Penryn Campus, the offers made here range from AAB to BBB so doesn't seem out of your reach. If you have any questions about the course, just ask :smile:

I received a conditional offer from Exeter Penryl, could you tell me more abour the campus and the life there? And what about international students? Thank you very much:smile::smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending