The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CD223
No worries! Do you have any predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well going by what you guys are gunning for, i have put nazi consolidation of fairly high importance
But also the final solution because of its five year absence and maybe a weimar question??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh and my teacher mentioned rise of the nazis today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 922
Original post by swagyolo420
Well going by what you guys are gunning for, i have put nazi consolidation of fairly high importance
But also the final solution because of its five year absence and maybe a weimar question??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Weimar came up last year which makes me doubt it more than the others. Nazi consolidation and Kaiserreich/German revolution is my personal prediction.

Holocaust is feasible I guess. I just would have thought that they would ask a new question as opposed to churning out an old one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Weimar came up last year which makes me doubt it more than the others. Nazi consolidation and Kaiserreich/German revolution is my personal prediction.

Holocaust is feasible I guess. I just would have thought that they would ask a new question as opposed to churning out an old one.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah yes german revolution i saw u mentioned that! Did u post a plan for that earlier?

I would like a simple holocaust question😅 of similar wording to the 2010 question..

I just think they like weimar, its just so annoying why cant we like hack into their systems😅😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys I'm gonna embark on an attempt to devise 20 plans for 20 essays - these plans should cover all the possible content you need to know.

However, it will be handwritten so it will take centuries to upload - let me know if you're interested otherwise I don't want to waste time uploading :P
Reply 925
Ah yes german revolution i saw u mentioned that! Did u post a plan for that earlier?

I would like a simple holocaust question😅 of similar wording to the 2010 question..

I just think they like weimar, its just so annoying why cant we like hack into their systems😅😅
Posted from TSR Mobile

Can't remember whether I did. I think so.

Haha I know it's frustrating. I'll be much more confident on a Nazi consolidation question than a Holocaust or Nazi one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tow
Guys I'm gonna embark on an attempt to devise 20 plans for 20 essays - these plans should cover all the possible content you need to know.

However, it will be handwritten so it will take centuries to upload - let me know if you're interested otherwise I don't want to waste time uploading :P

That would be really great..:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 927
If Weimar came up I think it's more likely to be the 1919-24 period. Although we never know. When I sat my AS exams I basically had the same questions as others had the year before haha
Reply 928
That would be really great..:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It would - how do you tend to revise? Reading the guide? Flash cards?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 929
Original post by cuppa
If Weimar came up I think it's more likely to be the 1919-24 period. Although we never know. When I sat my AS exams I basically had the same questions as others had the year before haha

Yeah. Last year was a thematic 1919-29 type question.

I hope it's more of an "early problems" question if Weimar does come up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright well feel free to start planning some random questions and uploading them to help me out!!!

I'll do them all nonetheless but it will take me a few days xD gotta revise other subjects too :wink:
Reply 931
Original post by CD223
Yeah. Last year was a thematic 1919-29 type question.

I hope it's more of an "early problems" question if Weimar does come up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

The political instability/how far was Weimar threatened in the early years would be a lovely question :smile: although it has come up and people did well in it I think
They've never done a question on the Golden years/ Stresemann years, although they have obviously covered it under democratic experiment before but never that specific chunk of time. That would be a nice one because you can talk about economic development, social progress and political stability, but the fact that they had Weimar last year makes me doubt it :frown:
Although if you look at the past papers, they have always repeated a unit every year, so it could be Weimar or WWII again!
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok so this is probably a long winded method but it worked wonders for me last year..

Each sorta topic, i have my plan written out on paper, from intro to every paragraph to conclusion. And i write it out over and over till the layout is kinda stuck in my brain.

Its a great way for me because as i write i see where everything is in each paragraph by picturing the bit of paper in my head.

Admittedly, its slightly harder to do for history because there are so many areas that can come and questions can vary but because all three of my subjects are essay questions its how i roll.. Haha

Hbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by CD223
Are you memorising historians? I'd just remember key arguments and key figures/events or how they demonstrate those theories. You don't get marks for ticking off historians' names in the exam or contrasting an argument in a source with a completely different one not mentioned in other sources.

What do Ferguson, Ritter and Strandmann argue anyway?

This made me laugh :L How's your prep going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hhaha, he said "lads" though so...

Yeah its going okayish... Im not getting high marks in the essays which is depressing me as I am revising :frown:
Has anyone got any essay plans or essays I could have a look at please, it would me a massive help
Original post by SophieNorcross
Has anyone got any essay plans or essays I could have a look at please, it would me a massive help

I'm working on essay plans as we speak.

I'll keep you all informed.
Original post by Tow
I'm working on essay plans as we speak.

I'll keep you all informed.

Thanks a lot, it will be a great help
Since I'm writing it out on paper, you'll have to try and bear with my writing - it's certainly not the best!

Apologies in advance.

I've done one plan and it's 2 and a half sides.

19 left to go!
Original post by Tow
Since I'm writing it out on paper, you'll have to try and bear with my writing - it's certainly not the best!

Apologies in advance.

I've done one plan and it's 2 and a half sides.

19 left to go!

Its fine :smile: at least your doing this which benefits us x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending