The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
Original post by Tow
By moderated do you mean by the exam board or by your other teachers?

I got 50 moderated by my teachers. Now the exam board will look at it.

Yeah I got 50 after it had been marked by 3 teachers in the department. Just gotta hope it stays the same after the exam board get it.

What was your word count? Mine was 4000 lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Yeah I got 50 after it had been marked by 3 teachers in the department. Just gotta hope it stays the same after the exam board get it.

What was your word count? Mine was 4000 lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

3.932 or something xD
Reply 1002
Original post by Tow
3.932 or something xD

Nice! I'll try and start planning essays tomorrow by the way - I've got a shift at work today and didn't get around to it yesterday :frown: how's yours going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Nice! I'll try and start planning essays tomorrow by the way - I've got a shift at work today and didn't get around to it yesterday :frown: how's yours going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was busy yesterday so I still haven't done much atm. I'll get on it though
Original post by CD223
Well done! My teacher has said I got 50, although it's being moderated so I don't trust that to stay the same :frown:

Wanna do Computer Science at uni - I think your course is probably more relevant to history :L

I just find revising the course pretty hard this year - I preferred Russia and don't feel as ready this time round :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice! I preferred Russia aswell but am just so happy not to be doing Britain and the media this year... That was horrendous. Atm with Germany I'm just going through the course and writing notes down, then I'm gonna transfer those notes on to revision cards and in the 2 weeks up to the exam (now :L) gonna start planning the essays so that when I see the question in the exam I can start writing
Reply 1005
Original post by Tow
I was busy yesterday so I still haven't done much atm. I'll get on it though

That's totally fair enough - we'll collectively try and get as much done as possible before the exam but no pressure - we all have other subjects/commitments to concentrate on :smile:

Original post by jchap9776
Nice! I preferred Russia aswell but am just so happy not to be doing Britain and the media this year... That was horrendous. Atm with Germany I'm just going through the course and writing notes down, then I'm gonna transfer those notes on to revision cards and in the 2 weeks up to the exam (now :L) gonna start planning the essays so that when I see the question in the exam I can start writing

Haha the source paper last year wasn't great. So many people in my college had to resit.

Sounds sensible! Do you use the revision guide for notes, or just general reading?

I feel like the questions on Germany this year are harder to approach - I didn't plan for Russia essays last year but I find I have to this year - part B especially takes ages.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
I've already planned every single past paper question and uploaded it here, what more do you want lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

What? Where? Could you post it on the first page? That would be greatly appreciated as I can't find it anywhere! Thanks :smile:
Original post by CD223
That's totally fair enough - we'll collectively try and get as much done as possible before the exam but no pressure - we all have other subjects/commitments to concentrate on :smile:

Haha the source paper last year wasn't great. So many people in my college had to resit.

Sounds sensible! Do you use the revision guide for notes, or just general reading?

I feel like the questions on Germany this year are harder to approach - I didn't plan for Russia essays last year but I find I have to this year - part B especially takes ages.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah cool, what college are you at??
I treat the revision guide with caution and use it for some facts but mainly to 'thematise' revision. Defo planning is crucial in this exam but hopefully it'll pay off. What did you get last year?? :smile:
Reply 1008
Ah cool, what college are you at??
I treat the revision guide with caution and use it for some facts but mainly to 'thematise' revision. Defo planning is crucial in this exam but hopefully it'll pay off. What did you get last year?? :smile:

The revision guide seems to be concise, not sure how much to use it for actual revision - will read through it but perhaps the Edexcel textbook is the best way to revise properly.

I hope so! I got an A overall, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1009
Original post by tggfootymad
What? Where? Could you post it on the first page? That would be greatly appreciated as I can't find it anywhere! Thanks :smile:

I'll add to the thread again when I'm home later :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
The revision guide seems to be concise, not sure how much to use it for actual revision - will read through it but perhaps the Edexcel textbook is the best way to revise properly.

I hope so! I got an A overall, how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same I'll use edexcel throughout and then Layton for certain topics and the hite and Hinton for more nazi stuff. Ah same man
Reply 1011
Yeah same I'll use edexcel throughout and then Layton for certain topics and the hite and Hinton for more nazi stuff. Ah same man

Sounds good! How do you tend to prioritise history revision? For me it's hard because it saps up loads of time I could be doing other subjects but I wasn't sure if that was the same for everyone aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Sounds good! How do you tend to prioritise history revision? For me it's hard because it saps up loads of time I could be doing other subjects but I wasn't sure if that was the same for everyone aha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I need to walk in and get a D in my history to fulfil my uni offer but I wanna do well in it so it takes a quite high priority, the exam is pretty early aswell so plenty of time to revise other subjects imo but it depends on personal preference
Reply 1013
I need to walk in and get a D in my history to fulfil my uni offer but I wanna do well in it so it takes a quite high priority, the exam is pretty early aswell so plenty of time to revise other subjects imo but it depends on personal preference

That's understandable. What's your least favourite topic? Personally it's mid-Weimar years for me as there's so many different sides to the debate so I'm undecided as to whether it was golden haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What do you guys think about this question:

How far did social and political developments impact politics and political parties in the Second Reich?

How would you plan it :wink:

It's a judgement question so it's yes/no

So social yes and no then political yes and no.

But what would you write for the no part? It's quite clear that it did change politics xD

I guess you would use examples that suggest it still remained autocratic or something?
Original post by CD223
That's understandable. What's your least favourite topic? Personally it's mid-Weimar years for me as there's so many different sides to the debate so I'm undecided as to whether it was golden haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah Weimar is good and I like nazi rise to power
Original post by CD223
I've already planned every single past paper question and uploaded it here, what more do you want lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

What page is this on? I can't find it atm.
Given up with history :l
Reply 1018
Original post by Tow
What do you guys think about this question:

How far did social and political developments impact politics and political parties in the Second Reich?

How would you plan it :wink:

It's a judgement question so it's yes/no

So social yes and no then political yes and no.

But what would you write for the no part? It's quite clear that it did change politics xD

I guess you would use examples that suggest it still remained autocratic or something?

Governments were still elected Junkers, Chancellor was a junker, Kaiser still had ultimate say after Daily Telegraph affair / Zabern affair?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1019
Yeah Weimar is good and I like nazi rise to power

True. That's a good section. Reckon Weimar/war economy is worth revising so much given it appeared last year?

Original post by Student.96
What page is this on? I can't find it atm.

I'll re-upload it when I can. Had a lot on recently lol.

Original post by Bunny2014
Given up with history :l

Aww haha. Don't say that! What's brought this on?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending