The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 History - Germany 1900-45 - Monday 8th June 2015 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I've got an Edexcel A2 History exam on the 8th June. However, I'm doing England & Restoration 1629-1668.

I haven't even started revision. I'm planning on starting tomorrow 3 hours everyday and doing 1 whole past paper and handing it in on Monday when Sixth-form College starts & collecting it on Thurs-Friday for feedback.

I got an B at AS (unit1: 54. unit2: 98) and I got my coursework mark 39/50 (b) from my teacher. However,
I'm aiming for an 'E' on this exam - 40% as I'll be happy with a C overall in History as I'm on track for A/A* in maths & Physics.

Anybody else got their coursework grade back from their teacher? I know its subject to change as your coursework will be moderated.

Don't aim so low this exam! If you put in three hours a day you can get much more!
Original post by tggfootymad
How would you go about answering the 'how far did the nazis consolidate power by the end of 1933' type question?

Any yes, no knowledge needed of post-33 stuff, it's just not in the timeframe that the exam will be testing. Good to have as background I guess.

My feeling is that they consolidated power so much that there wouldn't be enough of an even sided argument for them to be able to ask this question - only things they hadn't consolidated where the army and they weren't exactly against the nazis. A 'how far' consolidation-esque question would most likely be Weimar where there is loads more to talk about :smile:
Original post by cuppa
Don't aim so low this exam! If you put in three hours a day you can get much more!

Thanks for the advice. I'll try my best either way :smile:

How many hours are you revising for your History exam everyday?
When did you start your History revision? How many past papers have you done/plan on doing before the 8th?
Original post by jchap9776
My feeling is that they consolidated power so much that there wouldn't be enough of an even sided argument for them to be able to ask this question - only things they hadn't consolidated where the army and they weren't exactly against the nazis. A 'how far' consolidation-esque question would most likely be Weimar where there is loads more to talk about :smile:

This makes a lot of sense tbh. Puts me at ease :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the advice. I'll try my best either way :smile:

How many hours are you revising for your History exam everyday?
When did you start your History revision? How many past papers have you done/plan on doing before the 8th?

Personally I've been doing about like ten minutes since Easter haha I just can't revise now. My stress just doesn't let me. But I will be planning all/most possible questions and probably will only write a couple essays, on topics I feel are most likely to come up. :smile: that would probably work out at a couple hours a day. I like reading through content once to make sure I remember the context of everything and then learn by planning questions until the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cuppa
Personally I've been doing about like ten minutes since Easter haha I just can't revise now. My stress just doesn't let me. But I will be planning all/most possible questions and probably will only write a couple essays, on topics I feel are most likely to come up. :smile: that would probably work out at a couple hours a day. I like reading through content once to make sure I remember the context of everything and then learn by planning questions until the exam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I share the same pain. What other subjects do you do? What are you planning on studying at university?

I'm planning on studying Physics.
(edited 8 years ago)
I share the same pain. What other subjects do you do? What are you planning on studying at university?

I'm planning on studying Physics.

I am doing history at uni and my only requirement is a B in history, so I should be okay assuming I don't have a breakdown or something :biggrin: I also do English language and psychology. I like sciences too, but I'm just not made to remember the exact keywords hahah I prefer just arguing something and clinging to straws in humanities

Posted from TSR Mobile

I definitely agree. That's why it's so hard to think of points for that side of the argument. I mean, fair play to Hitler, notwithstanding some of the other bad stuff he did, he consolidated power very quickly and effectively!
Original post by Tow
Hey there,

Basically a judgement question is a yes/no question and causation is factors.

It's harder now than it was last year to decide what the question is but you can look for clues.

If there is a factor given in the question then it's almost always a causation e.g. 'How far did proportional representation contribute to the fall of the Weimar Republic?'

You would write a paragraph on the given factor then explore others.

Here's the hard part: how far questions could be either judgement or causation questions.

'How far did the social and economic conditions during the second reich worsen during the war?'

That's a judgement.

The key to figuring out which is which is to know your content inside out so you can come to a logical conclusion as to what it is.

I'm sorry I don't have some magical words that will ONLY be used in causation questions or judgement questions - but this is A2 History, it's supposed to be challenging.

Hope this helped:smile:

Aww ok thank you :smile: this helped x
Original post by tggfootymad
Yes definitely, definitely. What other big points would you put to show that power wasn't consolidated by the end of 1933?

Im not actually sure as Hitler basically consolidated most things :smile:
Original post by cuppa
Okay can anyone just like... Pity me and give me an essay plan for Final Solution because I'll die before I make this coherent omg

sure I'll give you one :smile: is it possible to upload pics on here? x
Original post by tessimoghaddam
sure I'll give you one :smile: is it possible to upload pics on here? x

Is there any way I can please get an essay plan for the Final solution too, thank you :smile:
image.jpg
Hi guys this is a Final Solution essay plan for 'the Final Sokution evolved because of the chaotic nature of the Nazi regime in the years 1939-42'. How far do you agree with this opinion?
Original post by tessimoghaddam
image.jpg
Hi guys this is a Final Solution essay plan for 'the Final Sokution evolved because of the chaotic nature of the Nazi regime in the years 1939-42'. How far do you agree with this opinion?

Thank you very much :smile:
What are all the different plans that were created along the road to the final solution? I know of the Madagascar plan, but not really of many others. Any help here?
Hi, does anyone have a plan for or an idea of how to answer this section A question from life in wartime germany

"opposition to nazi regime had no significant impact on civilian morale during WW2" how far do you agree?

i wouldve thought the two to be independant of each other but either way how would i go about answering that :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone know if edexcel have ever repeated a question?
And could they ask a question on the treaty of Versailles? How would they incorporate it?
Reply 1298
And could they ask a question on the treaty of Versailles? How would they incorporate it?

Don't believe they've ever repeated a question. Part Bs have been very similar in the case of German Aggression though :smile:

ToV is likely to be incorporated into an "early troubles of Weimar" question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CD223
Don't believe they've ever repeated a question. Part Bs have been very similar in the case of German Aggression though :smile:

ToV is likely to be incorporated into an "early troubles of Weimar" question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
cheers boss, so I guess factors for that would be something along the lines of TofV, hyperinflation, LW opposition & RW opposition?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending