The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry- helping each other out!

Scroll to see replies

Do we need to know how to draw enthalpy diagrams? the ones with the straight lines not the thermochemical cycles the other one
Reply 3361
Original post by samwillettsxxx
Is the catalyst for ethanol production with yeast zymase? What's the temperature for this reaction?

37 degrees, but they usually allow anything between 25 and 37 degrees (OCR)
Reply 3362
Original post by cuppycake3
Do we need to know how to draw enthalpy diagrams? the ones with the straight lines not the thermochemical cycles the other one

Yes you do, you need to know how to label the activation energy,the reactants, the products and the enthalpy change
Original post by Cherry82
No worries, I wish you the best with today.
I know I'm getting an U or an E if I'm lucky but I'm not going to give up. I wish I had worked harder throughout the year in terms of practice and organisation. But like I had said previously, if you have studied you'll be fine and I mean that. Anxiety can sometimes make us feel worse than the situation really is, I know because I deal with anixety all the time but after I realise it wasn't as bad.

This is exactly why I am about to fail, I just didn't organise myself well at all this year. This is exactly me right now, I paid tons of attention in class, I did all my homework and I reviewed stuff but at one point in the year I just found my self catching up and then I ended up losing a lot of that practice because things were moving too fast and I couldn't keep up.I am not completely stupid, I know that but I sure do feel it at the moment. I am just planning on using my summer wisely and catching up and kick starting A2, I know I can do well I just don't have enough practise and chemistry is basically about practice, especially this exam!
Original post by ilovereading
I doubt everyone did as horribly as me. I couldn't even do a BASIC hess's law question! :frown:

To be fair that was an indirect enthalpy question, it was a stupid question, I devoted half my year learning hess law and I messed it up in the exam, I just hate life at the moment.
:sad: And I cant even say that my unit 1 chemistry paper might compensate because I KNOW I failed that. Its the worst because it took me ages to convince my Chemistry teacher to predict me an A for this med course I was applying to (didnt get it anyway) and in the most recent mock I also got an A so getting a D/C will literally depress me so much especially the disappointment...

I don't even know what to say but this --> :frown:
Is it too late to quit life or...
Do you guys think they might have taken it easy with the unit 2 paper given the unit 1 paper was what it was?
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
To be fair that was an indirect enthalpy question, it was a stupid question, I devoted half my year learning hess law and I messed it up in the exam, I just hate life at the moment.

I didnt actually answer/attempt the question so I wouldnt know :L I recall it only being like 3 marks though so I guess that's okay especially if you did attempt it. Don't worry about it too much :hugs:
Reply 3369
:sad: And I cant even say that my unit 1 chemistry paper might compensate because I KNOW I failed that. Its the worst because it took me ages to convince my Chemistry teacher to predict me an A for this med course I was applying to (didnt get it anyway) and in the most recent mock I also got an A so getting a D/C will literally depress me so much especially the disappointment...

Lol I know how you feel. Chemistry was always my strongest subject. Was always revising for it and rejecting my other subjects. I was getting top A grades in my mocks then, but now.. No.

I had to focus on biology and maths. Completely forgotten everything ans I attempted some past papers last nkght and I felt so bad because they were probably the worse :sad:
This is exactly why I am about to fail, I just didn't organise myself well at all this year. This is exactly me right now, I paid tons of attention in class, I did all my homework and I reviewed stuff but at one point in the year I just found my self catching up and then I ended up losing a lot of that practice because things were moving too fast and I couldn't keep up.I am not completely stupid, I know that but I sure do feel it at the moment. I am just planning on using my summer wisely and catching up and kick starting A2, I know I can do well I just don't have enough practise and chemistry is basically about practice, especially this exam!

Wow so why are you worried? :smile:
Doing all of your homework and reviewing leaves you in a good position, I'm sure all you needed was just a reminder of topics. You'll be fine seriously, with me I worked hard in the beginning but got caught up in many...many things. My situation is entirely different tbh, also my teacher travelled and left us lol etc so I'm still trying to learn some things. An E is a pass so if you have an E overall in Chemistry even you can go onto A2, but it seems to depend. In college it's fine but sixth forms from what I am hearing, some want C/Ds.
I don't even know what to say but this --> :frown:

Lets just appreciate that exams will be over soon! Last one on Friday >.< Then we'll forget about how great or bad we did in an exam and start partying :dance:
Original post by monaaa19
Do you guys think they might have taken it easy with the unit 2 paper given the unit 1 paper was what it was?

Hhahaha in our bloody dreams! Their only objective is to kill us, why else would they put a stupid indirect enthalpy bloody f****** question at the end of the paper. :angry:
Reply 3373
14332348947691018485441.jpg

Incompleted bunch of past papers
Hhahaha in our bloody dreams! Their only objective is to kill us, why else would they put a stupid indirect enthalpy bloody f****** question at the end of the paper. :angry:

They're really on a roll this year; across multiple subjects too. I heard C1 maths was hell and so was C2. I'm gona be doing chem unit 5 as well as maths A2 modules; both Edexcel and I am sh#tting it
http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...2-QP-JUN14.PDF could someone help me on question 2d) i don't know how to draw the shape
Reply 3376
1433235046967-1476914384.jpg

:colondollar:
Original post by Dinaa
Lol I know how you feel. Chemistry was always my strongest subject. Was always revising for it and rejecting my other subjects. I was getting top A grades in my mocks then, but now.. No.

I had to focus on biology and maths. Completely forgotten everything ans I attempted some past papers last nkght and I felt so bad because they were probably the worse :sad:

Exactly :frown: Its okay, it will all be over in a couple hours and we can relax :biggrin: Argh dreading the 2 month wait though >.<
Original post by Cherry82
Wow so why are you worried? :smile:
Doing all of your homework and reviewing leaves you in a good position, I'm sure all you needed was just a reminder of topics. You'll be fine seriously, with me I worked hard in the beginning but got caught up in many...many things. My situation is entirely different tbh, also my teacher travelled and left us lol etc so I'm still trying to learn some things. An E is a pass so if you have an E overall in Chemistry even you can go onto A2, but it seems to depend. In college it's fine but sixth forms from what I am hearing, some want C/Ds.

Because I'm a natural failure, I definitely don't have enough practice! I am just going to beg on my hands and knees to continue on to A2! I know I could have done much better with just some more time and practice... and that's awful, your teacher just left! I'm sorry, it's okay we are all in this together!
Lets just appreciate that exams will be over soon! Last one on Friday >.< Then we'll forget about how great or bad we did in an exam and start partying :dance:

the tears,don't forget the tears....

Quick Reply

Latest