The Student Room Group

Philosophy AQA A-Level PHIL3/PHIL4

Is there a forum for philosophy aqa? Exam on Thursday! I can't find one but want to hear how everyone's getting on with revision and stuff :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FreshGarbage
Is there a forum for philosophy aqa? Exam on Thursday! I can't find one but want to hear how everyone's getting on with revision and stuff :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

What sections you doing tomorrow?
I'm doing moral and political philosophy. I'm so, so nervous!
I'm doing moral and phil of mind!
Last minute essay planning and cramming haha
What do you think the predicitons will be?
Original post by faizayasmin

For moral philosophy its hard to say, every year its either moral truths or moral decision making. So i reckon on moral decision making it will be utilitarianism because it was deontology and virtue ethics last year. But then again i reckon deontology might just come up or it might just be virtue ethics. Best thing to do is revise everything, then chat just make up a couple of moral problems and apply it to the theories that's what i'm doing.
Reply 5
Original post by CassandraMort
I'm doing moral and political philosophy. I'm so, so nervous!

im doing the same as you:smile: moral is fine I think cos we can just learn utilitarianism deontology and virtue ethics

but political is so hard!!!!! im so scared
Reply 6
Any ideas for what the political philosophy questions might be?
Original post by A.J.H
Any ideas for what the political philosophy questions might be?

I think maybe justice? Or liberty?

I'm sh***ing it so muchhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by faizayasmin

No idea about mind, hope it's about physicalist accounts :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
how did everyone do? i did poltical philosophy and religion. i found the questions quite hard, the relgion question for miracles was very specific
Original post by subegsingh9
how did everyone do? i did poltical philosophy and religion. i found the questions quite hard, the relgion question for miracles was very specific

Hi, I also did religion, I chose miracles aswell. How did you think you done? Tbh this unit is extremely hard you just can't guess what questions will come up. What section are you doing for unit 4?
I found that exam alright, I hope the examiner can read and refer back to my multiple asterisks

I did political and mind, political was OK? Which question did you pick? Also what set text you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JohnnyFranklin
Hi, I also did religion, I chose miracles aswell. How did you think you done? Tbh this unit is extremely hard you just can't guess what questions will come up. What section are you doing for unit 4?

i think my response was high B, i had a feeling miracles was going to come up but the plan in my head was for miracles being rational, so i felt my answer was all over the place, i bought up arfuements about possibilty of miracles eg. Hume balance of probabilities and swineburne principle of cruedility but i dont know if that was relevent. what did you write about?

im doing Mill for unit 4, its the most straight forward and i revised alot of it for phil 3 poltical philosophy wbu?
i think it was judt the wording of the question which put me off, i did political organisation one about human wellbeing, i discussed, conservatives vs liberals, liberals vs john rawls justice, socialsist vs liberals and marx vs liberals bc i was argueing from a liberal + rawls justice perspective
wbu? and set text?
Original post by FreshGarbage
I did political and mind, political was OK? Which question did you pick? Also what set text you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did everyone find their papers? I was actually fairly happy with the questions given on political philosophy and philosophy if religion! What grades do you need to get in these exams for uni?
did anyone do philosophy of mind? I chose the second question which was something like 'talk about the mental is useless because everything is physical' which I took as being about physicalist accounts of mind, but the rest of my class wrote a standard eliminative materialism essay...am I utterly screwed?
i think my response was high B, i had a feeling miracles was going to come up but the plan in my head was for miracles being rational, so i felt my answer was all over the place, i bought up arfuements about possibilty of miracles eg. Hume balance of probabilities and swineburne principle of cruedility but i dont know if that was relevent. what did you write about?

im doing Mill for unit 4, its the most straight forward and i revised alot of it for phil 3 poltical philosophy wbu?

The criticisms for the claim that I looked at were Hume's view on religious pluralism, Wiles' moral perspective and Flew's criticism on direct experience and view on miraculous accounts. Then for strengths I looked at Aquinas, Hick, C.S Lewis, Holland, C.D Broad, Clack and Clack and Swinburne. I did more strengths then criticisms. I think I got a B in it, but I reckon might have scraped an A, well that's if marking is similar to last year. But I would be really happy if I get a B.

I am doing Plato for unit 4, tbh unit 4 is pretty decent compared to unit 3 because there is so much to remember. Good luck on unit 4
Original post by Kshanahan
did anyone do philosophy of mind? I chose the second question which was something like 'talk about the mental is useless because everything is physical' which I took as being about physicalist accounts of mind, but the rest of my class wrote a standard eliminative materialism essay...am I utterly screwed?

I did mind! I also chose that question. I've always found they are very open, I went from MBIT>PROPERTY DUALISM>EPIPHENOMENALISM . you could pretty much write anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did political philosophy too, I chose 'what state is best for human well being' and I also picked the miracles question. I thought that paper was okay. Miracles was very specific too but I talked about Hume in detail and then theological objections.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending