The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by obdreno
"Shivering can also be a response to a fever, as a person may feel cold. During fever the hypothalamic set point for temperature is raised. The increased set point causes the body temperature to rise (pyrexia), but also makes the patient feel cold until the new set point is reached. Rigor occurs because the patient's body is effectively shivering in a physiological attempt to increase body temperature to the new set point." -Wikipedia

How on earth were we meant to know this.
Thanks OCR!

That's surely obvious, you just use your knowledge that shivering increases body temperature and say why...
Original post by BioAgent
Surely it was outer membrane for q1?

nah it was pointing to the inner membrane
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Dialysis/Pages/How-haemodialysis-is-performed.aspx Ok, from this link, I THINK that haemo filters out more of your blood in one go than peritoneal? Sounds about right... I didn't get that, not sure what I wrote :/
Thanks so much OCR smd
Reply 2604
Can people PLEASE help me with what all the questions were, I'm writing out an unofficial mark scheme now!
Original post by PinkElephant16
Guys pls add anything you remember

peritoneal dialysis needs to be done more often because it only gets a small supply of blood from the capillaries around the peritoneum, but in haemodialysis all of the bodys blood is passed through the machine

during fever the thermoregulatory set point is higher, so even though you're hot you shiver to increase your body temperature
Original post by tewas
would they accept grana not granum?

also, i wrote underneath the lines in the big essay question and not on the additional sheet but it wasn't out of the boxes, would that be okay?

Yeah, on all of the past mark schemes they accept grana :smile:
It was
M
S
M
Hope its like 40/60 to get an A.
Original post by THEMathlete
I put range bar... When it was an error bar -.-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lots of people have put range bar, myself included!
Regarding the 'biochemistry question'

I've seen a lot about the Calvin Cycle and such, but I went at it from a different angle:

-Increase in light intensity
-Increase in transpiration
-Less water available for photolysis
-Less photolysis results in less electrons available for chemiosmosis and non-cyclic photophosphorlyation
-Less ATP produced

Would I be wrong? I thought I was being all clever and I'm interested in what you guys think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pretty sure it's a range bar, why would there be an error bar measuring the percentage of people

I worked out the difference between the lowest and highest and it gave the range as well
Original post by kingcobra007
Did i over-simplify the shivering question? i think i put more resipration in muscles to raise the core body temp

I put that :tongue:

I'm hoping 1 for respiration and 1 for increasing body temp?
Original post by kingcobra007
nah it was pointing to the inner membrane

bruh it was outside one. I swear i saw it. The inner membrane is lamellae
Original post by GianluigiBuffon
It was
M
S
M

It was MBM I'm sure

Posted from TSR Mobile

no it wasn't
Original post by NilaJ
Can people PLEASE help me with what all the questions were, I'm writing out an unofficial mark scheme now!

look at pinkelephants post
Original post by Hayley Williams
i put plants produce oxygen for aerobic respiration

Didn't think of that... That's so obvious

Posted from TSR Mobile
ite famalams, im off to take a nap then revise psych for tomorrow, im expecting the markscheme to be done when im back! have fun arguing :wink: xxx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I crossed out error bar and put range bar lmao... I think they're considered more or less the same thing? I'm hoping they accept both.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending