Liberal reforms
Vote for women
Home front

What topics you doing?
Reply 2
I don't know how to revise either!
I doing the same paper! Is it OCR? I need some notes too :frown:
Reply 4
Yeah it is OCR! Apparently they have introduced a new 16 marker but I'm really confused as to what it is on
anyone doing british depth study 1939-75? if so do you have any predictions what will come up in the exam tommorow out of ww2, immigration, women and young people? i feel women might come up tommorow but im not entirely sure
Reply 6
Doing the same paper, so worried about the 16 marker
Reply 7
Original post by Lucy A S
Yeah it is OCR! Apparently they have introduced a new 16 marker but I'm really confused as to what it is on

The new 16 marker is actually out of 19 with 3 for SPaG and it looks at the whole period whilst relating to the theme, an example would be

"Women were respected from 1890-1918" How far do you agree? use your own knowledge and the sources in your answer.

I didn't know about the 16 marker! Is it a 10 marker with 6 marks for Spag? :smile:
How do you structure the 16 mark question
Reply 10
Original post by Alisha1998
I didn't know about the 16 marker! Is it a 10 marker with 6 marks for Spag? :smile:

Apparently it's 16 marks with SPAG 3 marks!
Apparently it's 16 marks with SPAG 3 marks!

Oh my goodness!! Did not know that.
Reply 12
Original post by ghost88
The new 16 marker is actually out of 19 with 3 for SPaG and it looks at the whole period whilst relating to the theme, an example would be

"Women were respected from 1890-1918" How far do you agree? use your own knowledge and the sources in your answer.

Do I need to follow a certain structure to answer it? Like PEAs or anything like that? Thank you so much! Was very confused if it was just on one topic or all 3:K:
Original post by ghost88

How do you know this is the question? I'm so confused for structure.
Do I need to follow a certain structure to answer it? Like PEAs or anything like that? Thank you so much! Was very confused if it was just on one topic or all 3:K:

According to my teachers, this is the new exam style with a markscheme.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/140139-unit-a021-how-far-was-british-society-changed-1890-1918-for-september-2013.pdf

On terms of structure, I'm not too sure myself although I would use the exemplars in the markscheme as a starting point.
Original post by Alisha1998
How do you know this is the question? I'm so confused for structure.

My teachers attended the OCR Web meeting where they discussed the new exam paper. My teachers gave me this as a the style of paper thats going to come up.

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/140139-unit-a021-how-far-was-british-society-changed-1890-1918-for-september-2013.pdf
Reply 16
Original post by ghost88
According to my teachers, this is the new exam style with a markscheme.

On terms of structure, I'm not too sure myself although I would use the exemplars in the markscheme as a starting point.

Thank you so much for the help! :smile::smile:
Thank you so much for the help! :smile::smile:

You're welcome :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by ghost88
You're welcome :smile:

Because votes for women is a specimen paper for this exam, does that mean its unlikely to be our actual paper?
Any predictions for the topic that'll come up?

We weren't told about there being a sixteen mark question so thank goodness I found out here, probably would have thrown me off. Is there anything in particular we need to do to secure all the marks? (Besides having good SPAG)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending