The Student Room Group

AQA Religious studies RST4C; Ways Of Moral Decision Making, June 17th 2015

Heey...
I was wondering if anyone else is sitting this paper this year or has done in previous years? I'm really hoping to get an A, an A* would be incredible!? so if anyone has any advice or tips for succeeding in this exam I would be extremely grateful of the help. Also, if you're looking at medical research andmedical developments as opposed to business practice and economics, what area/s are you focusing on and how are you tying those into your essay questions?
Thankyou, any help would be really really appreciated :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Which exam board are you going to be taking the exam with?
Original post by skidders
Which exam board are you going to be taking the exam with?

AQA :smile:
Original post by rainydays&monday
AQA :smile:

Same as me, I got an A and A* which equaled to an A grade, my tactic for the exam was to learn a few teachings that could be applied to lots of different things e.g. agape love and when writing about your own oppinion for 8 mark questions I would write things such as the law on that particular issue or moral dillemas rather that my true opinion. Hope this helps and good luck :smile:
Original post by skidders
Same as me, I got an A and A* which equaled to an A grade, my tactic for the exam was to learn a few teachings that could be applied to lots of different things e.g. agape love and when writing about your own oppinion for 8 mark questions I would write things such as the law on that particular issue or moral dillemas rather that my true opinion. Hope this helps and good luck :smile:

I'm sitting my AQA A2 RST4C exam on the 17th of June also but you've just confused me! 8 mark questions? :confused::confused:
I'm doing this exam too! Pretty sure there aren't any 8 mark questions? Just 45 and 30 :smile:

Which other A2 exam are you doing alongside 4C?
any predictions?
Reply 7
Original post by chelseajanett
any predictions?

Possibly deonotolgical, as I don't think that its come up on its own....
Reply 8
Original post by Phoebedw

Or two purely religious questions.
How can the other question be religious? Natural law based?
Original post by Badger96
Or two purely religious questions.

How would that work? I thought only the first questions were about religion and the second questions were about ethics/ethical systems
I was under the same impression, I prefer the ethical theories question so was depending on just learning that..
Can someone just clarify..
Original post by chelseajanett
any predictions?

As someone else said, deontological is possible

Also a question that just asks about ethics is likely

'Examine the major ethical issues which arise from either medical research/developments or business practices/economics.' came up in 2011 and I wouldnt be surprised if something similar came up this year
Original post by Salma.amz
I was under the same impression, I prefer the ethical theories question so was depending on just learning that..

I'm hoping they've just got confused, I was depending on just doing the ethical questions too.

I looked at the specification and it looks like religious ideas and the ethical theories are two separate things :smile:
No.

You can be asked about religious ethical systems.

Examine how __________________ theories can help make moral decisions (in medical research and development)
options to fill in the gap can be:
religious ethical
deontological
teleological
hybrid
Original post by Phoebedw

For deontological, what else would you use apart from Kant and DCT?
Original post by Badger96
No.

You can be asked about religious ethical systems.

Examine how __________________ theories can help make moral decisions (in medical research and development)
options to fill in the gap can be:
religious ethical
deontological
teleological
hybrid

So by religious ethical systems you mean Christian ethics/ natural law?
You woudnt include conscience would you? I don't see that as a system
Original post by Salma.amz
So by religious ethical systems you mean Christian ethics/ natural law?
You woudnt include conscience would you? I don't see that as a system

Not conscience for that, but they could ask about religious conscience eg. Butler and Newman. This being its role in decision making.
Has anyone got any revision notes on religion in terms of moral decision making? Would be highly appreciated.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending