The Student Room Group

A2 Biology OCR June 2015 Revision Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Follett
Is there a way to tell the boundary for an A* and 100% on past papers as it doesn't list them on the grade boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

100 UMS is usually between 70-80 marks depending on the difficulty of the paper
Original post by HeyThereHarry
i want a final past paper to do tomorrow. is there a particular legacy paper anybody would recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd recommend January 2011 purely because it's been the hardest legacy past paper so far with 60 being an A grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cinderella25
I also like cloning and biotechnology. I'd love if they asked on the advantages and disadvantages of using microorganism sin biotechnology. Or advantages and disadvantages in vivo and in vitro cloning. Or continues and batch culture.

Nitrogen cycle isn't too hard just learn the bacteria names and what they do. Measuring productivity isn't too bad tbh. Yeah meiosis with those crap dihybrid crosses and all that takes a lot of time to do and is just stupid

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please can you list the advantages and disadvantages of in vivo vs in vitro cloning?
Original post by cr7alwayz
What do we need to know for outining the role of ATP in muscle contraction

ATP is used to break the actin-myosin cross bridge. It comes from 3 sources:

Aerobic respiration in mitochondria
Anaerobic respiration in muscle cell sarcoplasm, producing lactic acid
A transfer of a phosphate group to ADP from creatine phosphate
Original post by huniibehi
I'd recommend January 2011 purely because it's been the hardest legacy past paper so far with 60 being an A grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

thank you! is that the central concepts paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
any predictions for wednesday guys?
Original post by raach.14
Please can you list the advantages and disadvantages of in vivo vs in vitro cloning?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434306466.414994.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bakedbeans247
any predictions for wednesday guys?

epistasis, nitrogen cycle, sex-linkage and apoptosis. Long question on comparison of types of cell division and their importance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lighfy
:frown: How did F214 go for you?

It wasn't an absolute atrocity but at the same time it wasn't a paper from the heavens either. I'd say it went okay. Although I did not like the peritoneal dialysis questions. I think under the time pressure I just freaked out over those questions as there's only about 4 lines about peritoneal dialysis in the textbook.
How about you?
Reply 3469
Original post by HeyThereHarry
epistasis, nitrogen cycle, sex-linkage and apoptosis. Long question on comparison of types of cell division and their importance

Posted from TSR Mobile

where did you get your predictions from a teacher or you made them up?
Original post by Diamond Crafter
It wasn't an absolute atrocity but at the same time it wasn't a paper from the heavens either. I'd say it went okay. Although I did not like the peritoneal dialysis questions. I think under the time pressure I just freaked out over those questions as there's only about 4 lines about peritoneal dialysis in the textbook.
How about you?

Yeah, the dialysis questions thew me off a bit. Think I'll be lucky to get a mark for those questions :/ apart from that though, I don't think the paper was too bad. Just praying that F215 is relatively straightforward!
Original post by Lighfy
Yeah, the dialysis questions thew me off a bit. Think I'll be lucky to get a mark for those questions :/ apart from that though, I don't think the paper was too bad. Just praying that F215 is relatively straightforward!

I've given up on praying and just going to take it head on whatever comes! (that was an awful innuendo, sorry! :colondollar:)

On a more serious note, what would you say are your weakest topics on F215?
Oooh this is brilliant. By any chance do you know if said guy did one for F214?

You can find the info for that on WhatDoTheyKnow
Original post by loperdoper
You can find the info for that on WhatDoTheyKnow

Ooh! Thank you so much! :biggrin:

Is this in the OCR text book? I know it must be as I've seen a question on it but I can't find it!
Original post by raach.14
Is this in the OCR text book? I know it must be as I've seen a question on it but I can't find it!

Yeah in the OCR text book pg 176

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've given up on praying and just going to take it head on whatever comes! (that was an awful innuendo, sorry! :colondollar:)

On a more serious note, what would you say are your weakest topics on F215?

Hmm...definitely ecology! I think the content is too dull for my liking, which makes it hard to revise. I'm definitely better at the genetics stuff :biggrin: What about you?
Can anyone tell me where I can find f215 June 2014 past paper and mark-scheme?
Original post by kieransavage1
Can anyone tell me where I can find f215 June 2014 past paper and mark-scheme?

here is the paper: http://www.thebiotutor.com/past-papers3.html
I don't know where to find the mark scheme though
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mat1996
Yh, as soon as I saw that question i was like WTF!! and just made up stuff for that question :tongue: what do u want to do at uni and wat uni r u planning to go to?

Yeah haha, I'm going to study nursing at Kingston uni :smile: what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending