The Student Room Group

AQA French A2 2015 [Unit 3]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Original post by taikibansei
Looking at the unofficial mark scheme I've dropped a few marks but it's not as bad as I thought it was? Still really hoping for the grade boundaries to come down though, I'm desperate for a B!

Did anyone else put for the last part of 3) that he was happy because she got a research job in a (something, I forgot) lab? I didn't really think about simply putting that he didn't want to go back to Somalia... If I remember right the question was something about a reason why he's happy but I dunno, I'm probably wrong. :redface: I'm probably clutching at straws for marks here now!

High five! I said that the person found a job in a bio-med lab or something like that. The question asked for a reason so it seems right.
Looking at the unofficial mark scheme I've dropped a few marks but it's not as bad as I thought it was? Still really hoping for the grade boundaries to come down though, I'm desperate for a B!

Did anyone else put for the last part of 3) that he was happy because she got a research job in a (something, I forgot) lab? I didn't really think about simply putting that he didn't want to go back to Somalia... If I remember right the question was something about a reason why he's happy but I dunno, I'm probably wrong. :redface: I'm probably clutching at straws for marks here now!

It just said something like "what proves he is happy living in Denmark" and I thought the fact he doesn't want to go home proves he is happy there. They'd probably accept both, who knows!
Original post by SvLy
High five! I said that the person found a job in a bio-med lab or something like that. The question asked for a reason so it seems right.

It's a relief knowing someone put the same thing! I thought the same... hopefully it works out okay.

Also, I saw some other people mention that they wrote les ados, I did the very same thing as well! I thought about writing adolescents but for some reason at the last moment decided to go all slangy... if a lot of us have done it then maybe they'll let us get away with it? I've seen in past examiner reports that they've allowed slang, so here's hoping :colondollar:
Original post by josephine2410
It just said something like "what proves he is happy living in Denmark" and I thought the fact he doesn't want to go home proves he is happy there. They'd probably accept both, who knows!

Oh that makes a lot of sense! Hopefully they do, thank you for bringing together the unofficial mark scheme btw. :h:
I put 'victimes primaires' for main victims - would I still get the mark?
Oh that makes a lot of sense! Hopefully they do, thank you for bringing together the unofficial mark scheme btw. :h:

That's alright, not sure how accurate it is though haha!
Hope everybody gets the grade they want :smile:
Reply 487
I'm not going to read any of this thread because I know I'll regret it but generally I found today's exam a lot easier than some of the previous papers! I HATED THE LISTENING THOUGH! Especially the questions where you had to write in the answers

NO MORE FRENCH WOO :u:
Well personally i think we should start a petition on change.org to kick up a fuss about the changed format without prior notice so they have to be more lenient with grade boundaries. Basically like what happened with edexcel maths
Um is it okay to say "Condamner nos jeunes au prison..."?
Original post by LookIts_Liam
Question 1 listening I got:

Répas
Familles
Milliards
Personne

Can't remember the other two

For one of them I put états but the word before was de but I couldn't think of a synonym that began with a consonant, apparently pays, whoops
Original post by mrose97
Well personally i think we should start a petition on change.org to kick up a fuss about the changed format without prior notice so they have to be more lenient with grade boundaries. Basically like what happened with edexcel maths

I agree!!! They really need to sort out the grade boundaries. There is already a shortage of linguists

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dukeofhazzard
This is what I put- in past papers they always wanted present participle!

omfg bloody hope you're right! I wrote 'incarcérant' which I hope is ok

where's the unofficial mark scheme?
how did people translate the last sentence that was something like 'We should encourage them to make the most use possible of their lives' or words to that effect?
Original post by vanessaodris
how did people translate the last sentence that was something like 'We should encourage them to make the most use possible of their lives' or words to that effect?

I wrote "Nous devrions les encourager a construire la vie la plus utile possible". I'm not sure if I'm right though. What about you?
Original post by MrMusicLTD
I wrote "Nous devrions les encourager a construire la vie la plus utile possible". I'm not sure if I'm right though. What about you?

Ohhh no I put nous devons

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think "devrait/devrions" is more conditional and means "should" whereas "doit/devons" is like "must"? I don't know though, it might be right

Original post by kate_maria
Ohhh no I put nous devons

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrMusicLTD

I did on devrait (in mark schemes on and nous are interchangeable) vivre la vie la plus utile and then I did 'qui est possible' or 'dont elle est possible' but cant remember which I kept in the end :') YOLO! how did you find the rest of the paper?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending