The Student Room Group

Edexcel a2 biology 6bi05 scientific article 2015 17 june

Any notes or possible questions or topics you can think of? or annotated articles you got? Please share. Any examplar Mock papers of it? This thread is dedicated to all of that.

Article here: http://wilberforce.teacher.edutronic.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/49/2015/03/GCE-Bio-Scientific-Article-6BI05-June-2015.pdf

Ill start off with possible topics (some copied from other threads):
Evolution
neurotransmitter , dopamine, maybe something on schizophrenia
Animal models/rights/welfare
immune responses
genetic modification
parts of the brain that control movement
effects of blocking neurotransmitter/receptors and how they're blocked
entomology
maybe leaf structure
mitochondira/sarcoplasmic reticulum structure and function

Ive also attached some handy material generated from this year's article I got from another school

PLEASE CONTINUE OFF .. ATTACH ANYTHING YOU CAN FIND

POST ANYTHING YOU CAN FIND

ETC ETC
Because unit 4 contained, well, no unit 4, I think evolution and immune responses are very likely to come up as they weren't tested in the previous exam.
Original post by alexann95
Because unit 4 contained, well, no unit 4, I think evolution and immune responses are very likely to come up as they weren't tested in the previous exam.

Actually, natural selection came up in the unit 4 paper, so I doubt that's coming up again lol. But yeah, there is a definite possibility that the immune system could come up, considering toxoplasmosis is a well-known opportunistic infection. Perhaps it may ask why a person with HIV may be more susceptible to toxoplasmosis... Who knows.
Original post by AffirmedCube
Actually, natural selection came up in the unit 4 paper, so I doubt that's coming up again lol. But yeah, there is a definite possibility that the immune system could come up, considering toxoplasmosis is a well-known opportunistic infection. Perhaps it may ask why a person with HIV may be more susceptible to toxoplasmosis... Who knows.

It did, but only very briefly. Yeah they could very well ask that!
Original post by alexann95
It did, but only very briefly. Yeah they could very well ask that!

They specifically asked how natural selection could lead to antibiotic resistance. I doubt they would then go ahead to ask another very similar natural selection question, again related to pathogens. That would be lousy on Edexcel's part, tbh. Knowing them, they will probably give us unfamiliar/potentially difficult questions on topics they know that every student will know.
They specifically asked how natural selection could lead to antibiotic resistance. I doubt they would then go ahead to ask another very similar natural selection question, again related to pathogens. That would be lousy on Edexcel's part, tbh. Knowing them, they will probably give us unfamiliar/potentially difficult questions on topics they know that every student will know.

But edexcel are lousy. You're probably right though! It's difficult to try and remember unit 4 in as much detail as I had in my mind before the exam, on top of now concentrating on unit 5!
Reply 6

I have no memory of that question :eek3:
Reply 7
I believe so too. Worth revising unit 4 briefly before Wednesday's exam
Could anyone list the spec points from unit 4 that the article might bring up? I didn't sit unit 4 this year so my knowledge is not great, please help!
Reply 9
Original post by ellamoonpie
Could anyone list the spec points from unit 4 that the article might bring up? I didn't sit unit 4 this year so my knowledge is not great, please help!

There was literally nothing on the specific immune response (i.e. T cells etc.) so I'm expecting that to come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mohit01
There was literally nothing on the specific immune response (i.e. T cells etc.) so I'm expecting that to come up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm, very suspicious it will probably come up. Thanks
What about summer 2017 scientific article 6bi05?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending