The Student Room Group

Predictions for OCR G674 Sociology 2015

Hi, does anyone know any predictions for Unit 4 exam this Thursday? I'm aware that gender and ethnicity is most likely to come up for the 40 mark question. But does anyone have the predictions for the 15 mark or 25 mark? Or is this hard to predict? Many thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

It's quite hard to predict what could come up , but I agree that ethnicity and gender is what you should revise for

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd be very surprised if gender and/or ethnicity didn't come up.
Original post by CenkTuncar
I'd be very surprised if gender and/or ethnicity didn't come up.

What about class ? Do you think that could come up - I hope it's gender and ethnicity
Looking at past papers they do seem to like asking about class, hence the 'or' bit.

I'm very much like you, I really want ethnicity and gender as I've invested the majority of my time into them
Question1 was explain why secondary data is used in sociological research
Question 2 was outline and assess the view that case studies are the best way to research the attitudes of employees in the workplace
Question 3a was outline the evidence that young people experience inequality in the contemporary UK
Question 3b is outline and assess the contributions sociologists have made to gender inequality
Question 4a was outline the evidence that some social classes are privileged in the contemporary UK
Question 4b is outline and assess sociological explanations of the changing class structured

(JUNE 2014 G674 QUESTION BOOKLET - taken from another sociology thread)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by CenkTuncar
Looking at past papers they do seem to like asking about class, hence the 'or' bit.

I'm very much like you, I really want ethnicity and gender as I've invested the majority of my time into them

lets hope that either comes up!
I have a revision guide on G674 - the social inequality section (see the attachment)
Reply 8
I'm new to this so not really sure how it works, but is there any chance both Class and Changing class structure could come up for the 40 mark?
Preferably speaking, you are given more marks for evaluation so you cant really hope for something to come up more, for instants if you are hoping for a general gender question you will have to write more for evaulating gender with ethnic and class inequality, or evaluate it with other theories. If its a question aiming towards a specific theortical approach for example the weberian explanation of say for instants ethnicty, you will be talking less about weberianism and more or less writing more in an evaluation. So basically it doesnt matter if you know little about the theory the question is asking about but you must be famillar with a wider range of approaches to evaluate with, this gets you more marks. There is alot more to say about class in my opinion, thats why i think OCR favour it. It also doesn't look like age will appear so my best guess is to focus on just the remaining three topics. As for 15 and 25 markers my best guess is it will be based on a research method that either hasnt appeared in while, or has never come up before.
Original post by onyeeez
I have a revision guide on G674 - the social inequality section (see the attachment)

Thanks, your a star!
Here's an essay on the functionalist view on ethnic inequality
does anyone have any essay on GENDER ?please help
can someone pease help with the struture of the question
Reply 14
Original post by Spark1997x
Preferably speaking, you are given more marks for evaluation so you cant really hope for something to come up more, for instants if you are hoping for a general gender question you will have to write more for evaulating gender with ethnic and class inequality, or evaluate it with other theories. If its a question aiming towards a specific theortical approach for example the weberian explanation of say for instants ethnicty, you will be talking less about weberianism and more or less writing more in an evaluation. So basically it doesnt matter if you know little about the theory the question is asking about but you must be famillar with a wider range of approaches to evaluate with, this gets you more marks. There is alot more to say about class in my opinion, thats why i think OCR favour it. It also doesn't look like age will appear so my best guess is to focus on just the remaining three topics. As for 15 and 25 markers my best guess is it will be based on a research method that either hasnt appeared in while, or has never come up before.

Do you know how many marks are for the approach and how many for eval?
I'm so screwed for this exam, I literally know nothing
Original post by Becky1456
I'm so screwed for this exam, I literally know nothing

same
Does anyone have any predictions for the 20/40 mark
Reply 18
Original post by veryscared123
does anyone have any essay on GENDER ?please help

Not great but here are some plans;

Attachment not found
Attachment not found
Attachment not found
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434545306.571204.jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434545324.947200.jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434545340.960564.jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434545355.819262.jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434545370.392014.jpg ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434545385.641423.jpg

Apologies about the handwriting...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Becky1456
Does anyone have any predictions for the 20/40 mark

Possibly Gender and ethnicity are the mostly likeliest ones to come up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending