The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex 2015 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pathway
September 27th, if I remember correctly.

University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by elegantbubbles
Has anybody applied for North Towers?

I did :smile:
My offer was BBB and I've got ACC. I'm applying for Politics and I've seen that that course is in Clearing. I'm really keen to go to Essex but now I'm hoping it all goes well and they still let me in. What are my chances guys?
Original post by Withengar
My offer was BBB and I've got ACC. I'm applying for Politics and I've seen that that course is in Clearing. I'm really keen to go to Essex but now I'm hoping it all goes well and they still let me in. What are my chances guys?

Depends on a variety of factors. I got accepted in 2013 after getting ACD despite my offer being ABB.
Original post by Pathway
Depends on a variety of factors. I got accepted in 2013 after getting ACD despite my offer being ABB.

Well, I can subjectively say that my essay was rather personal and strong, well-written and broke the mold somewhat. I've also gotten a score of 202 and a grade of "A" on my CAE English proficiency exam, so that's something?
Original post by Withengar
Well, I can subjectively say that my essay was rather personal and strong, well-written and broke the mold somewhat. I've also gotten a score of 202 and a grade of "A" on my CAE English proficiency exam, so that's something?

Are you talking about your personal statement?

And yeah possibly. I don't know what you're talking about with regards to 202.

It relies on a lot of different things. Admin staff, how other students did, what your subject grades was (e.g. my A grade is in my degree subject).

You can't know til the day.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pathway
Are you talking about your personal statement?

And yeah possibly. I don't know what you're talking about with regards to 202

Yes. My personal statement. Our representatives here in Croatia refer to them as "essays" so that's why I'm calling them that.

Since my native language is not English, I had to take a an English proficiency exam. I got 202/210 and a grade of "A".
Does anybody here are going to do oral health science in essex uni? Just want to ask how was the interview and if theres any exam prior to interview? Im thinking to apply next yr. thnks
Original post by Marilyn Denice
Yes, was a guy age 20 and I am 21, so I have no idea.

my mate got into biochem with cde
is there a facebook freshers group?
I'm in :smile:

Who else is?
Original post by angelfox
I'm in :smile:

Who else is?

Yep I'm in too :biggrin:
Original post by Essexwoman
Does anybody here are going to do oral health science in essex uni? Just want to ask how was the interview and if theres any exam prior to interview? Im thinking to apply next yr. thnks

Hi i just got a place through the reserves list 2 days ago, in the interview there are 2 tests one english and one maths, really basic. We had to do origarmi, so get practising with that, then there was the group interview and group task. Good luck x
People are talking about being able to pick their modules.

Is anyone at this stage yet? Or know how to do it...

Confused isn't the word :/
Original post by lottie192
Hi i just got a place through the reserves list 2 days ago, in the interview there are 2 tests one english and one maths, really basic. We had to do origarmi, so get practising with that, then there was the group interview and group task. Good luck x

Thanks very much lottie! Did they let u know tne results of interview/exam the same day? Or if you been successful and offer you the course?
Who got into study Law?!!
Original post by JohnLarkin2011
People are talking about being able to pick their modules.

Is anyone at this stage yet? Or know how to do it...

Confused isn't the word :/

I got a booklet in the post that mentioned picking my modules,but with my course all the modules were compulsory.

I think this is the link that people use to pick their modules www.essex.ac.uk/enrol.
Original post by Rosiekayx
Who got into study Law?!!

Me!
Original post by angelfox
Me!

what was your insur and firm
Original post by Proxenus
what was your insur and firm

Firm was Essex, Insurance Nottingham Trent

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending