The Student Room Group

Will the real TeeEm please stand up!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joshthemathmo
Sorry, i'm confusing myself in the wording of the question. when it says the 'ratio of the first 5 terms' does that mean a(a+ar+ar^2+ar^3+ar^4)=49 or (a+ar+ar^2+ar^3+ar^4)^2=49. Sorry i'm just not getting anywhere with this lol, where am i going wrong?
photo (2).jpg

First five terms/sum of recirpicols of first five =49

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1001
Original post by Joshthemathmo
Sorry, i'm confusing myself in the wording of the question. when it says the 'ratio of the first 5 terms' does that mean a(a+ar+ar^2+ar^3+ar^4)=49 or (a+ar+ar^2+ar^3+ar^4)^2=49. Sorry i'm just not getting anywhere with this lol, where am i going wrong?
photo (2).jpg

very bad of me I have a key word missing.

The ratio of the sum of the first five terms to the sum of the reciprocals of the first five terms is 49
Reply 1002
Original post by physicsmaths
For the extra, 4,16/5,-8?

Posted from TSR Mobile

sorry but no.

one is of course by inspection
Original post by TeeEm
very bad of me I have a key word missing.

The ratio of the sum of the first five terms to the sum of the reciprocals of the first five terms is 49

I was going to ask you about that myself...thanks for clearing up.
Reply 1004
Original post by Gilo98
I was going to ask you about that myself...thanks for clearing up.

I changed my master copy, but I will not change the tsr copy.
Apologies again.
Original post by TeeEm
I changed my master copy, but I will not change the tsr copy.
Apologies again.

No worries...I assumed that was what you meant anyway. I'll do it tomorrow....and on initial inspection, the extra seems really weird.
Reply 1006
Original post by Gilo98
No worries...I assumed that was what you meant anyway. I'll do it tomorrow....and on initial inspection, the extra seems really weird.

The Greek sun, and other desirible sights on the beaches, gave me some weird maths ideas ...
Original post by TeeEm
sorry but no.

one is of course by inspection

I see, i thought inspection gave 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1008
I see, i thought inspection gave 4.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do not have the question in front of me, but as I remember it you get one from the pi/2 but I do not remember the number.
Original post by TeeEm
The Greek sun, and other desirible sights on the beaches, gave me some weird maths ideas ...

You're still out in Greece....other desirable sights? I'm just glad todays offerings don't contain products......:wink:
Reply 1010
Original post by Gilo98
You're still out in Greece....other desirable sights? I'm just glad todays offerings don't contain products......:wink:

I am back next weekend.

there are still products and series but I try to mix them up a bit.
Original post by TeeEm
I am back next weekend.

there are still products and series but I try to mix them up a bit.

it was raining in places today...I hope you're looking forward to being back in english weather :wink:

I appreciate that....although whenever I open up your daily questions and see that product operator symbol a little part of me cries inside....
Original post by TeeEm
I do not have the question in front of me, but as I remember it you get one from the pi/2 but I do not remember the number.

Yh pi/2 gives 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1013
Yh pi/2 gives 4

Posted from TSR Mobile

well that is one of them.
Original post by TeeEm
well that is one of them.

I see. Ill try again later.

Posted from TSR Mobile
First time trying one of these things and it's not going well haha. Am I at all on the right lines? Out of my depth lol
image.jpg
Reply 1016
Original post by Fudge2
First time trying one of these things and it's not going well haha. Am I at all on the right lines? Out of my depth lol
image.jpg

It starts correct but your simplifying is not efficient enough
Reply 1017
IMG_0085.jpg

I was wondering if this was on the right track, but it seems like the question hints at multiple values of r? :/
Reply 1018
Original post by JM-97
IMG_0085.jpg

I was wondering if this was on the right track, but it seems like the question hints at multiple values of r? :/

a is indeed 28 if I remember well

I do not remember r
Original post by JM-97
IMG_0085.jpg

Is it just r = +/- 1/2 for multiple values?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending