The Student Room Group

A levels is in just over 3 months and I’m screwed.

I need BBB in my real a levels. I’ve been getting straight ads in politics. The content is so bloody much to learn it’s insane. I honestly know barely any of it. Case studies for some topics on the subject are so hard to find. It’s not like sociology where studies come with the specification. Is it possible to get my grade to a B in 3 months? I’m terrified of the grade boundaries too as I know 2023 ones were horrid. I don’t want to be standing there on results day gutted I didn’t get into any uni. I don’t even have an insurance as all my unis are asking for BBB. How do I get the top grades in politics please I need help.
Reply 1
I did my politics A level last year and I was failing for the whole 2 years. I even dropped the subject 3 months before my exam because my teachers and I thought it wasn’t even worth taking. A couple weeks before the exam I decided to give it a go and instead of trying to learn all of the content to get me an A*, I just learnt the basics as well as I could. In the end I managed to get an A without knowing more than 10 case studies for each paper or wasting my time trying to remember every single detail of every topic. You have plenty of time I promise you, most people in my classes ended up revising most of the content the week of the exam!
Reply 2
Original post by Hmsck
I did my politics A level last year and I was failing for the whole 2 years. I even dropped the subject 3 months before my exam because my teachers and I thought it wasn’t even worth taking. A couple weeks before the exam I decided to give it a go and instead of trying to learn all of the content to get me an A*, I just learnt the basics as well as I could. In the end I managed to get an A without knowing more than 10 case studies for each paper or wasting my time trying to remember every single detail of every topic. You have plenty of time I promise you, most people in my classes ended up revising most of the content the week of the exam!
Wow that’s amazing! so I don’t need to know everything just case studies I can use for each topics?
Reply 3
Original post by Hmsck

what exactly did you do to get an A?

Quick Reply

Latest