The Student Room Group

A level Options

I have to state my final choice for A levels (UK) soon and I d appreciate some advice on what people have taken or what I should take. The subjects I did for GCSE in the order that I believe I am most skilled in are from best to worst : Psychology, English Lit, English Language, I.T, History, Maths, R.E, "Additional applied science" ( lowest group , 1 GCSE) .I don t have my results yet so I'm not sure accurately what I'm best at. I was considering becoming a therapist but I don t even have proper science GCSE and websites say you need A LEVEL biology to study Uni Psychology. I have no idea what to take , all I know is that I don t like R.E so don t want to take that and I'm not good enough at maths to do that. All the rest are still on the table. I am pretty certain I want to do psychology though. Thanks for any help :smile:
I did psychology. It's a pretty tough subject because there's so much studies and concepts to learn, it can be quite overwhelming at times. Just make sure you're well organised and you study regularly otherwise it can be impossible to get a good grade. Also check out Loopa.co.uk for good psychology revision, it saved me in the final year. I think you should also pick English Lit (I did). It isn't too bad if you're quite interested in reading and writing. Make sure you read the books thoroughly though. I didn't read any of the books in my first year and I came out with a C but I retook the exam the following year in which I did read the books and I ended up with an A. Good luck.
Original post by 10draperful
I have to state my final choice for A levels (UK) soon and I d appreciate some advice on what people have taken or what I should take. The subjects I did for GCSE in the order that I believe I am most skilled in are from best to worst : Psychology, English Lit, English Language, I.T, History, Maths, R.E, "Additional applied science" ( lowest group , 1 GCSE) .I don t have my results yet so I'm not sure accurately what I'm best at. I was considering becoming a therapist but I don t even have proper science GCSE and websites say you need A LEVEL biology to study Uni Psychology. I have no idea what to take , all I know is that I don t like R.E so don t want to take that and I'm not good enough at maths to do that. All the rest are still on the table. I am pretty certain I want to do psychology though. Thanks for any help :smile:

If you aren't massively fussy about which uni you go to , as long as you do psychology a level you don't absolutely have to do biology.
So i d say how about you do psychology, english lit, history then possibly it, couldn't say for definite until you get your gcse grades.

Quick Reply

Latest