The Student Room Group

Year 10 end of year exams

Anyone here in year 10, moving in to year 11 and has done there end of year mock exams? If so, how did you do x)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did, here are my results:

Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
Biology: A*
Geography: A*
German: A
French: A*
History: B (one off an A)
R.E.: A*
Statistics: A*
English: A (one off an A*)

Did not do Maths as we barely did any Maths this year. We mostly did Statistics this year instead.

What did you get?
Reply 2
I did, here's mine:

Chemistry: A* (C1 and C2)
Physics: A* (Just P2... My teacher lost our P1 papers)
Biology: A* (B1 and B2)
Geography: A* (Physical paper. Haven't got human paper results)
English (Foundation Paper): C (38/40. Will be doing higher in Year 11 but our stupid teacher made all our class do foundation)
Maths: B (growl. I need to improve here)
Computing: A*

I also do Spanish, but we didn't do a proper paper, although I've got full marks on all my coursework.
Original post by lucsus
Anyone here in year 10, moving in to year 11 and has done there end of year mock exams? If so, how did you do x)

English: A*
Maths: A*
Biology: A* (B1 & B2) Did my Chemistry GCSEs this year so I'm waiting for the results for that! Studying Physics and the rest of Biology in year 11.
Spanish: B (language isn't my strong point)
RE: B+
History: A*
ICT: A*

Disappointed with the two 2 B's though!
(edited 8 years ago)
Posted from TSR Mobile

I got
English c
Maths C
Re A*
French B
ICT C
sciences A
I did and I got:

English Lit - A*
English Lang - A*
Maths - A ((but my marks were the grade boundary of A* so I was confused))
RE - A
Geography - A*
French Reading - C ((We all did foundation paper)
French Listening - E (I laughed when I got this)

My class didn't do any Sciences because we were preparing for our Chemistry GCSE so I hope I get a high grade on it!!
Original post by vincentvangogh
I did and I got:

English Lit - A*
English Lang - A*
Maths - A ((but my marks were the grade boundary of A* so I was confused))
RE - A
Geography - A*
French Reading - C ((We all did foundation paper)
French Listening - E (I laughed when I got this)

My class didn't do any Sciences because we were preparing for our Chemistry GCSE so I hope I get a high grade on it!!

I did the Chemistry GCSE too! How did you find it?
Reply 7
I did: English lit, media studies and biology this year.

English language ( iGCSE) - A*
Physics A
Chemistry A
Maths A
RE A*
Citizenship A*
Spanish C :angry:
Geography Skills -A and Human- A*
ICT - A
Original post by algebrax1
I did the Chemistry GCSE too! How did you find it?

Oh cool! I thought they were quite good tbh, some questions, (esp C1) were super easy that it confused me idk haha. I found C2 great and C3 was meh. How about you?
Oh cool! I thought they were quite good tbh, some questions, (esp C1) were super easy that it confused me idk haha. I found C2 great and C3 was meh. How about you?

Yeah that's exactly how I felt about it too! I thought I was doing the Foundation paper for C1 ! Although I hope they don't lower the grade boundaries too much as many thought C1 was quite easy. C3 was harder than I thought to be honest and C2 was really good. I hope you achieve the results you want! :smile: It's making me so nervous waiting for the results!:s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by gracieb2218
I got:
English: A*
Business Communication Systems: A*
French: A (so close to an A* urgh)
History: A (again, so close to an A*, got full marks on the Germany depth study but misinterpreted some sources)
Art: B (ran out of time)
Maths: B (major improvement needed here)

Didn't do any science because our year sat the GCSE core sci exams this year so they'll just go with our actual results next week.

Apparently the maths GCSE paper in 2016 is going to be even harder. We might expect several questions that are as hard as hannah sweets. :frown:
Yeah that's exactly how I felt about it too! I thought I was doing the Foundation paper for C1 ! Although I hope they don't lower the grade boundaries too much as many thought C1 was quite easy. C3 was harder than I thought to be honest and C2 was really good. I hope you achieve you achieve the results you want! :smile: It's making me so nervous waiting for the results!:s-smilie:

Yes omg haha I thought they were trick questions! I was stressing out so much over C3 because I felt like I did so bad :frown: Oh dear I hope not, it really isn't fair if they do haha. Me too! Only a week left!! Thank you, I hope you do too :smile:
Yes omg haha I thought they were trick questions! I was stressing out so much over C3 because I felt like I did so bad :frown: Oh dear I hope not, it really isn't fair if they do haha. Me too! Only a week left!! Thank you, I hope you do too :smile:

Me too but I just hope for C1, it isn't one of those situations where "if it's easy then you're doing it wrong" :ashamed2: And thank goodness I'm not the only one who feels the same way about C3! Everyone I spoke to said it was easy :colonhash: And you find out in a week? Lucky you! I find out in a month's time (when I go back to school) because GCSE results day on the 20th is only for the year 11s! :frown:
Me too but I just hope for C1, it isn't one of those situations where "if it's easy then you're doing it wrong" :ashamed2: And thank goodness I'm not the only one who feels the same way about C3! Everyone I spoke to said it was easy :colonhash: And you find out in a week? Lucky you! I find out in a month's time (when I go back to school) because GCSE results day on the 20th is only for the year 11s! :frown:

That's how I felt like during C1 oddly enough :frown: but I do hope AQA aren't mean and raise it, if they do I'd probably cry. Same omg, everyone said C2 was hard! Really?? They won't even mail it to you?? Wow, that sucks :frown:
That's how I felt like during C1 oddly enough :frown: but I do hope AQA aren't mean and raise it, if they do I'd probably cry. Same omg, everyone said C2 was hard! Really?? They won't even mail it to you?? Wow, that sucks :frown:

I'm just trying to be optimistic about it! And me too, I'm just praying that the grade boundaries are low. Yep, not even through mail :frown: I think I'm probably going to collapse when I'm about to find out. I can't imagine how nervous the year 11s will be feeling! Will be us in a year :redface:
I'm just trying to be optimistic about it! And me too, I'm just praying that the grade boundaries are low. Yep, not even through mail :frown: I think I'm probably going to collapse when I'm about to find out. I can't imagine how nervous the year 11s will be feeling! Will be us in a year :redface:

Me too, but I guess it's better to get a good mark you weren't expecting than being sure you will get a good grade but get a bad grade haha. Oh dear haha, I think I'll cry whether good or bad tbh! Oh gosh, I'm scared already, let's hope the exams are easy for next year :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Edosawr
I did, here are my results:

Chemistry: A*
Physics: A*
Biology: A*
Geography: A*
German: A
French: A*
History: B (one off an A)
R.E.: A*
Statistics: A*
English: A (one off an A*)

Did not do Maths as we barely did any Maths this year. We mostly did Statistics this year instead.

What did you get?

Maths A
Chemistry A*
Biology A*
Physics A*
English Literature A*
English Language A
RE A
History A (one off an A*, fml)
Sociology A*
Psychology A*
Spanish A

and hopefully an A* in my actual GCSE Turkish exam aswell, the rest were mocks. The sciences also were only the first module, so C1, P1, B1
Reply 17
Original post by web-girl
Apparently the maths GCSE paper in 2016 is going to be even harder. We might expect several questions that are as hard as hannah sweets. :frown:

Yeah, who told you that? lol
Reply 18
I did, I got:

Core science mock - 2 C's
Maths - C
English - A*
History - B(1 off an A)
German - C
Psychology - B(1 off an A)
R.S - A
Sociology - B

I didn't do a computing mock since we were learning about our controlled assessment (A452 + A453)

overall I'm pretty disappointed but that's what I get for not revising
Original post by tso
I did, I got:

Core science mock - 2 C's
Maths - C
English - A*
History - B(1 off an A)
German - C
Psychology - B(1 off an A)
R.S - A
Sociology - B

I didn't do a computing mock since we were learning about our controlled assessment (A452 + A453)

overall I'm pretty disappointed but that's what I get for not revising

year 10 mocks will not dictate what you will get at the end of year 11. They are absolutely pointless. Remember that.

Quick Reply

Latest