The Student Room Group

AS French 2015-16 Thread :-D

Bonjour, tout le monde! This is a thread for all of us taking French as one of our subjects in sixth form! We will discuss things related to this course in this thread. :-)

I am so excited to start French at A-level, however I'm already dreading the speaking exam! 😦 How do you feel about starting French in sixth form?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Bonjour! I'm also looking forward to starting French, however, I have to say I am nervous considering I've barely done any French for about 8 weeks. I'm also doing German so I am doubly worried! Anyone else feel the same?

In terms of the speaking I wouldn't worry too much about it, we did our German GCSE early so we had some time to prepare for A-level and we did a mock speaking and it isn't so bad as you can prepare to give yourself a good starting point and they allow for mistakes and stuttering, remember that you will only be 17 and one year after GCSE, they don't expect you to to be fluent!
Original post by cristin_marks
Bonjour! I'm also looking forward to starting French, however, I have to say I am nervous considering I've barely done any French for about 8 weeks. I'm also doing German so I am doubly worried! Anyone else feel the same?

In terms of the speaking I wouldn't worry too much about it, we did our German GCSE early so we had some time to prepare for A-level and we did a mock speaking and it isn't so bad as you can prepare to give yourself a good starting point and they allow for mistakes and stuttering, remember that you will only be 17 and one year after GCSE, they don't expect you to to be fluent!

Thank you for replying :3 This information has actually calmed me down a little bit, thanks a lot. Wow, you're taking two languages for A-levels! That's going to be hard I assume. But... I think I would do the same if I would've studied two languages at GCSE. ^^ What are your other subject? :-) Mine are History, English Literature, and Psychology ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TeamRocket4ever
Thank you for replying :3 This information has actually calmed me down a little bit, thanks a lot. Wow, you're taking two languages for A-levels! That's going to be hard I assume. But... I think I would do the same if I would've studied two languages at GCSE. ^^ What are your other subject? :-) Mine are History, English Literature, and Psychology ^.^

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it will be hard! I'm getting worried! My other subjects are maths and Design and Technology

Quick Reply

Latest